Sports Interactive Community
sporadicsmiles

Error when verifying advanced rules

This one has only popped up today, after downloading the patch (although I admittedly did not try beforehand). 

Whenever I try to verify any advanced rules, I get an error relating to the FIFA Club world cup. Telling me that it needs 24 teams and has only found 1. Indeed, there is only 1 team registered for this competition. This suggests that the game is not selecting teams properly when doing whatever it does during verification for this competition. 

For a little more info, I get the error in april 2021 of the verification procedure. This is what it says.

24994446_editorerror.png.05e06a1ad580444337a2a2e360059636.png

I have tested two files. In neither of them have I touched this competition. One is the Africa Expansion I have been working on. The only changes I have made to this file since I verified and released on Sunday were moving and adding players. Indeed, if you download the file from this thread, you will find it also no longer verifies. This file was verified on Sunday and worked fine. 

I can also provide another file I created today. This verifies fine in basic rules, but fails if you convert it to advanced, for the exact same reason.

I do not know if this is a general bug (and if it is, it needs immediate attention as it entirely breaks the advanced editor), or if it is specific to myself. 

Yes I have the same problem 

I don't know what is happening with the editor, it's very frustrating 

Each tournament I am making don't work. 

Same here

simulated a DB without touching anything, and it goes like this...

image.png.7d0ae7204071f64b3b79c8079e2ec80d.png

Same problem here, it's frustrating as I added a change into my db that was already verified and now it doesn't even let me load it to the game as I cannot verify it for that bug

same I think there was a bug in the new update hopefully they fix it soon I went back into editor to put a few final touches on my file and now I can't cause they won't verify even tho it had nothing to do with Club World Cup

Got exactly the same problem minutes after installing the new update. "New stage 1 for Club world Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 1 teams found, 24 needed". Impossible to verify my updates. This is deeply disappointing and needs to be fixed asap. I also noticed a weird troubleshooting sound when starting up the editor, just before the database loads. Please do something.

Has been noted, they are looking into it.

5 hours ago, wawsaki said:

Please do a quick fix. editor is unusable like this.

its usable you just can't put the files in the game because you can't verify you can still make changes and save them tho but they definitely need to fix asap otherwise the editor becomes pointless

Edited by rmurph244

Please excuse this noobish question, but is there a way to "uninstall" the 20.2.0 patch in Steam? We could then at least continue to test our files while waiting for this very much expected fix...

Same for me but it was the World Club Cup Stage 1 

1 team found 24 needed

I deleted the said competition and now it works 

27 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Same for me but it was the World Club Cup Stage 1 

1 team found 24 needed

I deleted the said competition and now it works 

Superb. I will do the same. And then revert the deletion once the fix is finally done.

22 horas atrás, sporadicsmiles disse:

This one has only popped up today, after downloading the patch (although I admittedly did not try beforehand). 

Whenever I try to verify any advanced rules, I get an error relating to the FIFA Club world cup. Telling me that it needs 24 teams and has only found 1. Indeed, there is only 1 team registered for this competition. This suggests that the game is not selecting teams properly when doing whatever it does during verification for this competition. 

For a little more info, I get the error in april 2021 of the verification procedure. This is what it says.

24994446_editorerror.png.05e06a1ad580444337a2a2e360059636.png

I have tested two files. In neither of them have I touched this competition. One is the Africa Expansion I have been working on. The only changes I have made to this file since I verified and released on Sunday were moving and adding players. Indeed, if you download the file from this thread, you will find it also no longer verifies. This file was verified on Sunday and worked fine. 

I can also provide another file I created today. This verifies fine in basic rules, but fails if you convert it to advanced, for the exact same reason.

I do not know if this is a general bug (and if it is, it needs immediate attention as it entirely breaks the advanced editor), or if it is specific to myself. 

the problem is in the file "comps.dbc" using the one from the previous version works normal ...

hace 25 minutos, deco-silva86 dijo:

the problem is in the file "comps.dbc" using the one from the previous version works normal ...

Can you post here the file? please :)

1 hour ago, deco-silva86 said:

Yep, I can confirm that works. 

I would suggest anyone who is going to use this file to verify their game keeps a backup of the new version. It is anything but clear what this will change if you start a new game. Perhaps use it to verify, and then replace when you are playing. 

I would also suggest testing your files in game too, to make sure there is no downside to doing this work around. 

I knew this community would work it out. 

hace 1 minuto, sporadicsmiles dijo:

Yep, I can confirm that works. 

I would suggest anyone who is going to use this file to verify their game keeps a backup of the new version. It is anything but clear what this will change if you start a new game. Perhaps use it to verify, and then replace when you are playing. 

I would also suggest testing your files in game too, to make sure there is no downside to doing this work around. 

I knew this community would work it out. 

They should fix this by the official channel though

Okay we've put the updated editor out via the public beta, unfortunately we're unable to currently put it out normally but hope to do so as soon as possible.

Details on how to access this below

- Open Steam
- Go to 'Football Manager 2020 Editor' within your Steam Library
- Right-Click on the game and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
- Click 'Close'

Upon launching the game, the changes should be active and you should now be able to verify your files. Any problems in doing so, please let us know. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay we've put the updated editor out via the public beta, unfortunately we're unable to currently put it out normally but hope to do so as soon as possible.

- Open Steam
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
- Click 'Close'

Upon launching the game, the changes should be active and you should now be able to verify your files. Any problems in doing so, please let us know. 

Thanks.

I tried this but it was a disaster. The editor warned me that I didn't put enough teams from the Netherlands Antilles (or a place like that) in one of my swiss lower leagues cups. #facepalm

So I will stick to deleting the Club World Cup, which worked like a charm for me. And wait for a real fix. Cheers.

2 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

- Open Steam
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Click 'Close'

Thanks.

solved the previous error, but generated other errors mainly in the info rank level where before it was not mandatory to put now seems to be.

4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

- Open Steam
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Click 'Close'

Thanks.

Solve this problem ASAP!!!!

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

- Open Steam
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Click 'Close'

Thanks.

This appears to have solved the issue for me. I can verify the file I linked to in the opening post here without any errors occurring. 

1 hour ago, Moondog777 said:

any news on when this will be completely solved?

many bugs this year, and quite some annoying ones...

Following the steps further up the thread will fix the issue.

19 horas atrás, Neil Brock disse:

- Open Steam
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Click 'Close'

Thanks.

After placing the editor in the public beta this error appears in almost every competition, but when it comes to the mundane of clubs it is impossible to solve. Any solution?

Sem título.png

12 minutes ago, deco-silva86 said:

After placing the editor in the public beta this error appears in almost every competition, but when it comes to the mundane of clubs it is impossible to solve. Any solution?

Hi, could you upload your edit file to our cloud service or to this thread? I can't reproduce this error you're getting to want to check if there's anything in the file that explains it.

24 minutos atrás, Freddie Sands disse:

Hi, could you upload your edit file to our cloud service or to this thread? I can't reproduce this error you're getting to want to check if there's anything in the file that explains it.

I don't know if I could but I sent the file in a private message.

Edited by deco-silva86

3 hours ago, deco-silva86 said:

I don't know if I could but I sent the file in a private message.

Thanks, not sure why this is happening specifically with the file loaded and not the default Editor - it seems that Flamengo are being selected as a participant in the 2019 Club World Cup every time for winning the 2019 Libertadores despite the fact that the 2019 Libertadores runs its own iteration in game that (likely) produces a different winner (who also qualify, hence the issue). I've logged this internally for review, thanks for the file.

23 minutos atrás, Freddie Sands disse:

Thanks, not sure why this is happening specifically with the file loaded and not the default Editor - it seems that Flamengo are being selected as a participant in the 2019 Club World Cup every time for winning the 2019 Libertadores despite the fact that the 2019 Libertadores runs its own iteration in game that (likely) produces a different winner (who also qualify, hence the issue). I've logged this internally for review, thanks for the file.

Thanks for checking! I checked the leagues using the comps.dbc file from the previous version and put the comps.dbc from the new version after checking, so the file worked in the game!

My main file was already tested with competitions adjusted before the last patch released. I opened to update competition histories and, to my surprise, when testing the rules, error after error arose. I downloaded the public version, nothing. Undo the public, nothing. Today I noticed an update and, nothing. I don't understand what so much is unnecessarily changed to ruin things that way. And what frustrates me most is knowing that they will not correct that anytime soon.

Luckily, I managed to finish my swiss mod just before the editor update. My file has been verified with the old version without problems - the only compromise I had to do is to delete the Club World Cup. All the cups and championships I created seem to work fine in game - they were tested in holiday mode.

Since the editor update, the CWC problem has been replaced by other issues preventing me from verifying my file.

- "more than one main cup found in Switzerland". Yup, I made the Liechtensteiner Cup and there was absolutely no problem with this in the previous editor version...

- When I downgrade the Liechtensteiner Cup to a simple cup (there's of course no way I will do this in my final file), a new error appears, affecting this time one of my secondary cups: "number of teams in competition doesn't match expected number of teams from ranking". Of course, the first round of this cup doesn't include every team qualified for the competition. There was again absolutely no problem with this in the previous version of the editor, and the cup works fine in game...

I hope you can solve this, thank you in advance!

You can find my file here:

Yes, after the update, i get 999999 more errors than before...

this is verifying a DB, that was verified correctly with the last version... doesn't make sense.

image.thumb.png.9e6f10dd578bc6dc2f818895ffa95a61.png

It really makes no sense. In my case, I had tested and even simulated in the game by 2025 without errors before the new patch. After this, each competition created within my file has 1 error, always related to ranking.

hace 3 minutos, adriano roberto dijo:

It really makes no sense. In my case, I had tested and even simulated in the game by 2025 without errors before the new patch. After this, each competition created within my file has 1 error, always related to ranking.

yes, i simulated to 2040, in every possible way, and now i got different errors... also always related to ranking....

What I noticed was this: Before I defined the teams classified for a competition as follows: EX: The competition has 10 teams.

Get all teams from division A

Get better teams from division B

The editor automatically understood that if the competition is for 10 teams, then all teams from division A and, if necessary, the best from B would be used to compose.

What happens is that, in this format and, using the current editor, he is recognizing all the teams in divisions A and B, thus surpassing the number of teams needed would be 10, and in the ranking is also set the same 10.

I don't know if you understand what I said.

3 horas atrás, adriano roberto disse:

What I noticed was this: Before I defined the teams classified for a competition as follows: EX: The competition has 10 teams.

Get all teams from division A

Get better teams from division B

The editor automatically understood that if the competition is for 10 teams, then all teams from division A and, if necessary, the best from B would be used to compose.

What happens is that, in this format and, using the current editor, he is recognizing all the teams in divisions A and B, thus surpassing the number of teams needed would be 10, and in the ranking is also set the same 10.

I don't know if you understand what I said.

just go to info level rankings and build according to the number of teams in each competition

Sem título.png

8 minutos atrás, deco-silva86 disse:

It has no logic, and had already been made this configuration before the mess they made. And, increasing the number of participants in the ranking over the number of actual participants in the competition is odd.

It was never like that. You know the size of my file structure well and you should know how complicated it is to have to make all these changes from competition to competition. Who makes sure that tomorrow they don't release a fix (which I doubt) and all this adjustment goes down the drain?

9 minutos atrás, adriano roberto disse:

It has no logic, and had already been made this configuration before the mess they made. And, increasing the number of participants in the ranking over the number of actual participants in the competition is odd.

It was never like that. You know the size of my file structure well and you should know how complicated it is to have to make all these changes from competition to competition. Who makes sure that tomorrow they don't release a fix (which I doubt) and all this adjustment goes down the drain?

I understand there is no logic but that's what worked! I had to do it one by one, and some competitions do not require these rankings. Another solution is to use the comps.dbc file from the previous version to check and then back up with the original comps.dbc.

I have the comps.dbc file from the previous version and yet I have had these problems that arose post patch.

The point is: Spending hours adapting the file to the mess they made and then fixing it and having to redo it all over again. I do not understand why they got stuck in the editor and do not report what changed to cause so many problems. Anyway ...

43 minutos atrás, adriano roberto disse:

I have the comps.dbc file from the previous version and yet I have had these problems that arose post patch.

The point is: Spending hours adapting the file to the mess they made and then fixing it and having to redo it all over again. I do not understand why they got stuck in the editor and do not report what changed to cause so many problems. Anyway ...

I also don't understand why not launching the functional editor sometimes seems that on purpose the copy and paste function is almost ridiculous! but here in my file with the editor in the "non beta" version and the comps.dbc file from the previous version doesn't have these errors! If you want I can test your file, send in private message.

Edited by deco-silva86

I finished here adjusting the ranking of various competitions in my archive (Although I find it bizarre to have to put more teams than the competition itself needs for the bug to disappear).

After that, again the problem of Club World Cup returned: With the old and current comps.dbc file. It makes no sense to delete such a relevant competition (Maybe for the Europeans who are responsible for the publisher it is not), since for us in South America it is.

Anyway, hopefully they will come up with a solution to this as soon as possible ...

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.3732a39259fe0e4f297559698cf9ce27.png

21 hours ago, deco-silva86 said:

just go to info level rankings and build according to the number of teams in each competition

Sem título.png

I made this for my regional cups and it did the trick for me! No verification errors anymore. Thank you!

Em 06/12/2019 em 01:03, adriano roberto disse:

I finished here adjusting the ranking of various competitions in my archive (Although I find it bizarre to have to put more teams than the competition itself needs for the bug to disappear).

After that, again the problem of Club World Cup returned: With the old and current comps.dbc file. It makes no sense to delete such a relevant competition (Maybe for the Europeans who are responsible for the publisher it is not), since for us in South America it is.

Anyway, hopefully they will come up with a solution to this as soon as possible ...

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.3732a39259fe0e4f297559698cf9ce27.png

Any light on this problem, @Freddie Sands ?

Impossible to test the rules with this problem as I don't have access to the competition to edit the ranking

Out of nowhere, after the last patch, there is this bug with ranking of competitions.

Before that did not occur. I have been reporting this problem for almost a week, which is not just me, and so far nothing has been done or someone from SI has come forward to help ...

vor 23 Minuten schrieb adriano roberto:

Any light on this problem, @Freddie Sands ?

Impossible to test the rules with this problem as I don't have access to the competition to edit the ranking

This should be fixed with the latest patch. Are you sure your editor is updated?