Touch not updated to 20.2.0 update

image.thumb.png.9dc4ddd6e8287ebb2831ee95586405d0.png

Current version is 20.1.4.1318685 (m.e. v2021) ingame and I'm not entirely sure that's correct considering the 20.2.0 update came out for the full fat version, and I'd assume that much would be the same for the touch edition. I might be wrong, but I'm a bit confused by this.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, xray1324 said:

image.thumb.png.9dc4ddd6e8287ebb2831ee95586405d0.png

Current version is 20.1.4.1318685 (m.e. v2021) ingame and I'm not entirely sure that's correct considering the 20.2.0 update came out for the full fat version, and I'd assume that much would be the same for the touch edition. I might be wrong, but I'm a bit confused by this.

Touch generally takes a bit more time to update as SI generally launch it across all platforms at the same time. We're just going to have to wait for Apple and Google to approve the update.

7 minutes ago, Predicates said:

I agree, hopefully that is fixed. 

24 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

And newgen managers getting top jobs early in the save   

That makes the game unplayable for me.

My eyes would also appreciate a darker skin.

2 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

And newgen managers getting top jobs early in the save   

I left Celtic after two seasons, and my replacement was a newgen than had been in charge of Hearts for a single match. It didn't annoy me, I found it pretty funny to be honest 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, samelders86 said:

Game is unplayable currently. Eagerly waiting for an update. Any news?

Soon, no exact time yet but we're working as quick as we can to roll it out. 

I just hope it will be a big update so we can really dig in. Right now I feel like perpetually waiting for yet another fix and then another.

Come on, SI. Make this the cool game it has the potential to be.

2 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I'm kinda waiting on the patch to continue my career, is it expected within hours / a day when nothing goes wrong... or should we take into account it can be much later?

Me too, stopped playing over a week ago, when i discovered the bugs

12 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Take your time with any updates, I'm loving my save on the current game. I don't see any of the issues everyone else froths at the mouth about, so no rush folks. :D

I sign below. 

I really enjoy my current save, and although is true there are some fixes needed in the ME, for me there's no need to rush. 

This ME seems a good upgrade from last year, and in fact I still use the same tactic and with the same success. The only change I've made was changing the duty of my forward DLF(a) to support. 

Yeah, sure there are some annoying shots from tight angles, and some one-on-one misses that can drive us nuts, but hey, it happens to both teams... human and AI... don't forget that. 

For example, last year my CM(a) was banging 40% of my team goals, to the point that it almost feel a exploit. This year the same CM(à) is still scoring but all around the goal distribution is more balanced. 

So, at least in terms of the ME, take your time. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

Merry Christmas...We expect SI to apologise for this mess. I am talking  especially about the tablet issues that prevent people to play the game. A serious company would do that and  would compensate FMT users by providing free store items. 

5 hours ago, Gerara said:

We expect SI to apologise for this mess.

"We", as in you, the Queen of England?

Anyway, I hope they fix the messed up UI, so I can finally see the traits of players I want to sign, as well as their second nationalities and languages,

Also, problems with crossing seem to be getting a regular fixture each year. They're either overpowered or completely nerfed. Can't remember a release when they got it just right. Keeping my fingers crossed for this patch.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

IT'S NOT A PATCH!!!

I wish the mods would go back to banning people who call it this. Happier times. 

patch, update, bugfix, .... What's different?

there are bugs, and they are fixing it. What else should we call? Feature?

So still no FM touch update or did I miss something?

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game,

but Since I know what's fixed, I notice the problems more and I hope the newgen managers getting appointed is going to be fixed because the longer I play now before the fix, the more wrong appointments I'll have :)

I'm still happy with things. Yep, the ME has glitches but we'll get the update when it's possible. My Grasshoppers side has just been promoted to the Swiss Super League, has had a "golden generation" of a youth intake and I've just realised we had some cracking players out on loan whilst we were in the Challenge League.

32 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

IMy Grasshoppers side has just been promoted to the Swiss Super League, has had a "golden generation" of a youth intake...

"Mr RTHerringbone, a Mr Leonardo from Paris is on the line, should I put him through?"

36 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I'm still happy with things. Yep, the ME has glitches but we'll get the update when it's possible. My Grasshoppers side has just been promoted to the Swiss Super League, has had a "golden generation" of a youth intake and I've just realised we had some cracking players out on loan whilst we were in the Challenge League.

You don’t have regen managers at about half of the clubs? Or you don’t care about realism at all?

Guys, i think there is a public beta for FMT 2020 ready now. Currently downloading it. Going to test if the UI bugs (no player traits) and regen manager bugs are solved. 

The public-beta version of the game is available via Steam by following the instruction below.

- Open Steam
- Go to 'Football Manager 2020' within your Steam Library
- Right-Click on the game and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Beta' tab
- Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
- Click 'Close'

Game will start downloading the beta.. 

Never mind, its only for the full game. 

Edited by samelders86

On 06/12/2019 at 18:18, RTHerringbone said:

It's a computer game.

Haha, what a weak counter-point.

I've been playing FM since 2005, and have purchased every instalment since then. If they have released this year's edition with a massive bug that totally breaks the realism, then we as paying customers have every right to be frustrated with them. As far as I can recall, the managerial system was perfectly fine in FM19, so I'm not sure why they were even messing with it anyway. There have been similar glitches like this in every edition, but I've always been able to enjoy the game and overlook them. This one, however, is so detrimental that I have no desire to play FM until it is fixed.

Edited by Predicates

11 hours ago, Predicates said:

Haha, what a weak counter-point.

I've been playing FM since 2005, and have purchased every instalment since then. If they have released this year's edition with a massive bug that totally breaks the realism, then we as paying customers have every right to be frustrated with them. As far as I can recall, the managerial system was perfectly fine in FM19, so I'm not sure why they were even messing with it anyway. There have been similar glitches like this in every edition, but I've always been able to enjoy the game and overlook them. This one, however, is so detrimental that I have no desire to play FM until it is fixed.

Totally agree with you. The coaching/staff system in FMT 2019 was awesome! I saw some cool stuff such as Sneijder becoming manager after his playing career and managing Top Oss and later on Roda JC and Sparta. And Huntelaar starting as manager at Cambuur and later on Excelsior, SC Heerenveen and PAOK. Lovely stuff and i didn't really see any regen managers up until 2023. 

Edited by Samelders

FM Touch is really the version of the game I like to play the most, but every year I'm tested to the max to not switch to full fat, because as a touch player you are being ignored from announcement until post go live support. (features are announced after release, as good as no communication about patches, the touch forums are a graveyard when it comes to official feedback on just about any question you have....)

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

The detaly in releasing the update for FMT it's a bit unusual. in previous years, FM and FMT (in all plataforms) were usually updated in the same day, or at most FMT were updated the day after.

So i'm assuming that with this upcoming update there are a larger number os issues that SI are fixing, issues that are FMT exclusive.

There were issues related with the UI, with some android tablets, etc etc. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

The game was not ready to release for tablets. I do not really know how come they decided to release it at such a state. It would be better to delay it for a while.  Now we paid for the game and we cannot play it.