Newgen pictures

fansten992

I used to replace my newgens pictures every FM until FM20. Now it seems that is not possible to import custom pictures over newgen's generated faces? I did everything, created a config with correct lines including my newgen's ID and picture, reloaded skin, but nothing happens. I already have some facepacks and they are showing up correctly, except these ones that i have inserted for my newgen players.

Edited by fansten992

Just now, keysi said:

I can confirm it's possible and I made it without problem within two minutes as always.

Rafael Brito is my newgen staff, Dave White is newgen from Charlote Eagles from June 10, 2019.

Rafael Brito_ Profile.png

Dave White_ Profile.png

I'm confused, why is a kid in a German shirt both a Mexican staff member and an American player?

2 minutes ago, keysi said:

I can confirm it's possible and I made it without problem within two minutes as always.

Rafael Brito is my newgen staff, Dave White is newgen from Charlote Eagles from June 10, 2019.

Rafael Brito_ Profile.png  774984140_RafaelBrito_Profile-2.thumb.png.151ee175134c80269a35f1030eb86491.png 277.26 kB · 0 downloads

Dave White_ Profile.png  747720905_DaveWhite_Profile-2.thumb.png.625a1b9a7e98843a0d36e0ec62bec6b0.png

I see the images on the right now. Are those yours or FM's? I haven't seen a soul patch like that in years, much less on a 20 year-old haha

Edited by Weston

I'm confused, what's the issue then? You have to set it up so that newgens that are created pull from a new folder of faces from outside the game, this is just replacing a face for someone already in the game, no? I'm new to this but interested in downloading whatever allows better newgen faces to appear as the game progresses, if it works and does look better.

I reacted to the opening post when fansten992 wanted to know if it's possible to replace newgen picture with a custom picture. I just took a random DF11 picture from my own facepack for one young player and tried to add it to one newgen player and one newgen staff with their unique ID same as I would make it with real life players in the game.

I never used something to make newgen pictures better as it's not important to me.

But to answer the question from the opening post, it's possible to replace newgen pictures with your own.

OP. If you haven’t already, put your new photos for newgens in a folder that you know the game is reading. All of my faces are in one giant folder, df11 I think. Just add the id’s to the config, put the photo in the same folder and it should all work.

Tried one more time, thought maybe is problem in picture file. So i tried with Ronaldo picture, but it won't work on regen again.

Next i tried with picture from other non-regen player that is working ingame. All faces from same folder are working with non-regen players, except those assigned to regen players.

Now i am even more confused considering that @keysi imported faces without any problems.

UPDATE: I moved all the faces from graphics/faces folder and left only one face for my newgen and it's working now. Now i need to figure out how to make it work with all faces inserted.

Edited by fansten992

1 hour ago, Ruh Roh said:

Hey lads, I made a big folder of faces from PES with a photoshop lighting filter mass-applied to them. Someone on sortitoutsi had the idea of using PES faces but I thought they looked a little flat - not his fault, just the way the standard PES images look. It's easy to scrape images from the pesdb site because they use ID numbers, I got around 800 of them but getting more wouldn't be a problem

unknown.png?width=1282&height=644

They look good with the logos on the default skin but a lot of you use skins that make the faces huge and these are only 128x128 so, uh, see what happens I guess

image.thumb.png.7bf12c7fd0154ee4beb9a131beeda846.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akEi3FVS52mHQoLhATp7VFrBpyduhhiP/view

Those actually look pretty good nice job. Is there a way to get a specific players face for a specific nationality type? Like for example; a newgen from Japan can only get a face with traditional Japanese traits, a player from Iceland would get a white player face, Nigerian would have a black player face etc. Is that possible or would the faces be random? 

40 minutes ago, Pattric_b said:

Those actually look pretty good nice job. Is there a way to get a specific players face for a specific nationality type? Like for example; a newgen from Japan can only get a face with traditional Japanese traits, a player from Iceland would get a white player face, Nigerian would have a black player face etc. Is that possible or would the faces be random? 

You have to handpick them, change the numbers around yourself and use fmxml. The game makes new player IDs in sequence so I guess if you're playing in Korea you can load in a bunch of Asian faces and do it that way, maybe with cmd and excel, but that's as close as you can get. Aside from that there's no difference between a white player's ID and a black player's ID or whatever, so the game doesn't know. I wouldn't recommend anything more than punching in ID numbers for your signings, your key youth players and maybe the stars of your league if it's a long term file, obviously following the basic physical characteristics of their default regen face.

Edited by Ruh Roh

3 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

You have to handpick them, change the numbers around yourself and use fmxml. The game makes new player IDs in sequence so I guess if you're playing in Korea you can load in a bunch of Asian faces and do it that way, maybe with cmd and excel, but that's as close as you can get. Aside from that there's no difference between a white player's ID and a black player's ID or whatever, so the game doesn't know. I wouldn't recommend anything more than punching in ID numbers for your signings, your key youth players and maybe the stars of your league if it's a long term file, obviously following the basic physical characteristics of their default regen face.

Gotcha so you'd have to do it all manually. Thats a shame there isn't an easier way to add the faces into the game but so be it, these are much more realistic looking and have great detail so I'll give it try.

Thanks for the effort

19 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

Hey lads, I made a big folder of faces from PES with a photoshop lighting filter mass-applied to them. Someone on sortitoutsi had the idea of using PES faces but I thought they looked a little flat - not his fault, just the way the standard PES images look. It's easy to scrape images from the pesdb site because they use ID numbers, I got around 800 of them but getting more wouldn't be a problem

unknown.png?width=1282&height=644

They look good with the logos on the default skin but a lot of you use skins that make the faces huge and these are only 128x128 so, uh, see what happens I guess

image.thumb.png.7bf12c7fd0154ee4beb9a131beeda846.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akEi3FVS52mHQoLhATp7VFrBpyduhhiP/view

:applause:great work my friend. can you tell me where do i put the file. many thanks

1 hour ago, booble said:

:applause:great work my friend. can you tell me where do i put the file. many thanks

It's complicated to install something like this but it's not hard, it's just a lot of steps.

- go to preferences and turn on "show user IDs to assist in skinning" or whatever it's called

- change the file name of the picture you want to the newgen's unique ID - Nicky Jones in that picture is 1915526532. They should all be around that long. Do this as many times as you want.

- move that picture to your faces folder, for me it's the default windows directory (Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\faces\faces). Should be the same folder your other player images are in. If you don't have graphics folders yet you can just make them now as long as they're in the right place.

- download [url=https://www.fmscout.com/a-fmXML-for-windows.html]FMXML[/url], point it to your faces folder, and make sure to tick the checkbox "All filenames are IDs"

- go to preferences, turn off skin cache, turn on reload skin on confirm

Once you have the routine down the hardest part by far is typing in the stupid long unique ID numbers.

Edited by Ruh Roh

15 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

It's complicated to install something like this but it's not hard, it's just a lot of steps.

- go to preferences and turn on "show user IDs to assist in skinning" or whatever it's called

- change the file name of the picture you want to the newgen's unique ID - Nicky Jones in that picture is 1915526532. They should all be around that long. Do this as many times as you want.

- move that picture to your faces folder, for me it's the default windows directory (Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\faces\faces). Should be the same folder your other player images are in. If you don't have graphics folders yet you can just make them now as long as they're in the right place.

- download [url=https://www.fmscout.com/a-fmXML-for-windows.html]FMXML[/url], point it to your faces folder, and make sure to tick the checkbox "All filenames are IDs"

- go to preferences, turn off skin cache, turn on reload skin on confirm

Once you have the routine down the hardest part by far is typing in the stupid long unique ID numbers.

Can I not delete the fm newgens and replace them with yours and let the game randomly pick? Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Is there a way to setup it up so that newgens will have he default black picture? I can’t take the ugly 3D faces anymore. I would rather everyone have a blank face then assign pics as needed...

I think there is a setting in prefs that says something to the affect of “show faces for newgens”. I may be mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Yes! Thanks guys!

So with newgen faces off, will i still be able to assign them pictures?

Yes. I mean, I haven’t turned off generated images for regens before but would imagine it makes no difference. They have an id. They can have a user defined picture.

• 4 months later...