Sports Interactive Community
noikeee

[FM18] From Unemployed to Hexagon - Chapter 1: Conquering Uzbekistan

Hello and sorry in advance for stopping my careers so abruptly lately! My FM19 and FM20 careers really didn't last long as I quickly grew tired of these versions of the game.

In search for my love of the game I've gone back 2 versions to...

rAzB5jZ.jpg

... inspired by the last career I really enjoyed, with MTK in Hungary, and also taking advantage of the extensive library of add-on leagues available for FM18, courtesy of Claassen. So I've decided to do a....

CZJ1N3s.jpg

In case there's still someone who doesn't know what a Hexagon Challenge is, it consists in winning:

• the UEFA Champions League (Europe)
  • the Copa Libertadores (South America)
  • the AFC Champions League (Asia)
  • the CAF Champions League (Africa)
  • the CONCACAF Champions League (North/Central America)
  • and the OCF Champions League (Oceania)

Basically, you seek to become continental champions in all 6 continents as the globe of football is subdivided by FIFA.

For this purpose I have set up my game like this:

HRDJvTr.jpg

... and the game is processing/holidaying literally as I type. My manager is unemployed and taking a holiday until the 1st of January of 2018, so all I know is afterwards I will end up in one of the following 5 nations as a starting point - in search of one of the most obscure CLs in Africa, Asia, or Oceania:

naiFXWg.png 0GRsL10.png clt1AOZ.png FbMpvoU.png 8JVMBls.png

Let's go!

Edited by noikeee

Available jobs after returning from holiday:

efyZ9EW.jpg

- I've started with the recommended reputation/skills which are pretty appalling so I don't think I'll even bother to apply for any clubs with over half-a-star of reputation
- I'd rather not start in the lowest league in New Zealand because I think there's no promotion/relegation there, and I don't want to get attached to a club only not to be able to progress with it!

Cameroon or Uzbekistan it is, then?

Interesting challenge....looking forward to reading. Hopefully you can get into the save after disappointment of the last two FM years.

32 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Interesting challenge....looking forward to reading. Hopefully you can get into the save after disappointment of the last two FM years.

Hey, I remember you! :D Thanks!

Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 9th of January 2018

I'm surprised this travel takes under 15 hours:

0K0GLwJ.jpg

gqytonF.jpg

... and this is also a more futuristic picture than I or you were expecting.

The club

tE1T6gE.png

YYBIFaq.jpg

I have taken over FJ Obod Toshkent in the Uzbekistani 3rd tier. And you know what... I think it's a brilliant opportunity. No sarcasm.

• We're professional. So does all the clubs around us, but that's a huge surprise.

• We have a pretty damn decent 24K€/month wage budget. No idea how they plan to pay it, but not my business. We're only spending 1/4th of it, and the squad is short - so it's a clean slate for me to build in whatever way I want.

• We have a stadium with capacity for 9000 people.

• Our location is brilliant, we're based on the capital.

• The board has no expectations, only wants us to avoid relegation.

Perfect place to start?

The squad

1iv3gUy.jpg

I guess I need to hire midfielders. We have zero of them. An assistant manager would be nice too, if only so I could have some nice yellow stars for ability and potential.

The stars

These are the highest valued players in the squad as it stands:

bCjYzWX.jpg

tYZzmDP.jpg

U10SsIg.jpg

I've no idea how good/bad they are for the division, but my gut feeling is they're good. Pace, that's all I want at this level, thank you.

The finances

647cfQJ.jpg

Yeah I've no idea how the board intends to pay for this, if they really do let me increase the wage spending times 4.

The goals for this season

• Find some good players, build a squad. Hopefully there are a few Uzbeki midfielders out of contract around.

• I've not looked at our opponents yet, but I'd be surprised if we struggle to avoid relegation as the board thinks. I still have all my tactics from my MTK and Derby days (wide 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 respectively) and they were pretty good, I trust them.

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - Pre-season 2018

GgKDB0p.jpg 

I poached any player I could get my hands on, including some of the worst players I've ever signed!

rQT9TJe.jpg
Okay CB.

wID89vD.jpg
Backup LB.

fNIRt5b.jpg
DM that can tackle. First of a series of pretty terrible midfielders but I was unable to get quality for the middle of the park in the transfer market.

zFES5dj.jpg
Pretty bad MC.

eLQIZDa.jpg
A waste of time. Looked better before I could see his full skills. Still, our backup AMR.

5eAC5IE.jpg
Another DM that can tackle and, eh, not much else.

lnrDloa.jpg
Quite possibly the worst of all midfielders, I was starting to get a bit desperate here.

hrTTP82.jpg
MC position started getting a bit better with this guy. In theory at least. He can run quick and, ehh, what else?

P8RBP9V.jpg
A legit decent player, quick striker, I wanted an upgrade there.

9hDBIUD.jpg
And then better midfielders started showing up in my searches, like this guy.

LnWV6fU.jpg
We didn't have a backup RB. Not exactly the attacking wingback I wanted with 1 for crossing and dribbling, but...

FolMmfd.jpg
Near deadline day we found a pretty good CB and on paper he's the best signing we've made.

UQ6NBoQ.jpg
... on par with this striker. I was looking for pace from a striker though, and he's a little short on that.

oq11PAE.jpg
So this is the squad and my expected 11 now, as you can see there's a few megastars, basically the two fullbacks and the two wingers, I have very few hopes of holding on to any of those 4 for next year, the biggest team in the country is already circling around them.

DfC2SjS.jpg

Very long pre-season that went very well - the only defeat was to a much bigger team.

The cup started on the final day of March, and after being teased by their manager that the match was going to be "easy", we proceeded to knock him and his side from 2 divisions above us, out of the cup. Just shut the hell up the next time.

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - April 2018

v4UPt6a.jpg

I've had worse starts to a season. Unsurprisingly our two wingers are killing it, another player on brilliant form is teenage midfielder Tolipov that I loaned in. If can keep the form for long we're not gonna struggle getting promoted, but I've been known to start seasons great then lose steam as it goes on.

jVMBFRS.jpg

WKgbNrF.jpg

Our mezzala.

That's the exact injury I have right now - and why I've been having so much time playing FM for now - so I can sympathize with the guy here, but I would've liked to at least have been informed? No article in my inbox informing that one of my starting players will be out for 7 to 10 months?

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - May 2018

TeXhYTh.jpg

The Uzbekistani footballing calendar sure is busy when it gets going - we've been playing more matches than a English Championship side. We remain comfortably top and on good form, but no longer unbeaten, with tiredness from the crazy calendar showing on the pitch lately. The fact Alisher Saidov, our star left winger, is injured, also doesn't help.

On the cup a 1-1 away with AGMK is excellent, they are another team that's 2 divisions above us. We nullifyed them well in defence, limiting them to mostly harmless shots.

jO2iXtR.jpg

No surprise you have gone back to FM18 :D Remember your save with MTK very fondly. Good start with Obod :thup: 

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - June 2018

d6ly6eI.jpg

We've had to seriously fight for some of these wins, but now we've opened up a big gap upfront with 11 points above Sherdor-Presstizh. Unless we have a catastrophic meltdown the rest of the season, we should be able to get promoted.

In the cup we kick out a team from the top tier again - at home we were too strong for AGMK and we're into the quarterfinals. Bizarrely the first leg of the quarterfinals is next week (beginning of July), and then there's an almost full 1 month Summer break until the 2nd leg (beginning of August), with the league resuming 2 weeks later.

8Mhqdg1.jpg

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - July/August 2018

There was a transfer window through the Summer but we didn't hire or sell anyone.

4UTNiqm.jpg

On the cup we ran out of luck, and came just short of knocking out a top tier side for the 3rd consecutive time, losing on away goals. It had been a great run, nevertheless.

When the league started again, we were in trouble. Winger Alisher Azizov, easily our most talented and highest performing player, had started a bit of a dressing room mutiny asking for a move to a bigger club, that I refused. His contract runs out at the end of the season and I'm not gonna hold on to him no matter what, but he's so much better than any other option for the position I thought it'd pay off to keep him. Then he got injured for 3 months so I don't think I'll play him again...

In light of this we trembled in both league matches, against 2 of the teams that are chasing us in the table. Uz-Dong-Joo beat us, and we went 2 goals down to Kosonsoy. Sensationally, a switch to 4-2-3-1 in this last match worked wonders and we scored 3 in the final 5 minutes to turn it around - perhaps that might just have given us some extra breathing room to hold on to the table lead for the rest of the season, as I suspect our form might plummet from now on, without Azizov and with some players against me.

KbBFlIK.jpg

8 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Ohh, obscure countries, my favorite. Good luck on your endeavors :D

It is pretty damn obscure, my reasoning for loading Uzbekistan is it's a pretty competitive nation in Asia, without being at the very forefront of the leagues that are expected to challenge for the continental Champions League. I feel something like China or Saudi Arabia would've been boring as those leagues have too much money, so Uzbek/Iran felt more fun starting points for Asia.

Obviously the Uzbeki 3rd tier is a bonkers low level, I wanted to start from somewhere pretty low, then progress through the national ladder, until being at the front of it so then I can get on to fight for continental honours. I was under the impression the Uzbeki sides could be competitive in the AFC CL, however a quick search tells me they usually don't get any further than the group stage. So even if I break into the Uzbeki top flight quickly, there's still a long road ahead.

I'd have probably been better off starting in Africa or Oceania as those CLs are weaker in my opinion, so there'd be a shorter route to continental honours there - but ultimately if I can grab some minor trophies to boost my reputation, and switch clubs quickly whenever I get the chance, it doesn't really matter wherever I start. No reason why I can't switch continents at any time, and get back to Asia later on.

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - September 2018

YAYAow6.jpg

As predicted our form was hurt by the absence of Azizov (and it's not just him as a few others are out, Uzbeki football seems to be brutal for injuries in general). And we're now attempting to limp through the finish line still in 1st place. A 8 points gap seems safe enough with 6 matches to go, but you never know.

fKrnA0q.jpg

U0n0F4H.jpg

A club in the 2nd tier in Cameroon - I remember them as I applied for them in the beginning of the season. I'm gonna refuse the interview, they're semi-pro, the Uzbeki footballing level seems higher, bizarrely. They did finish 9th in a 18 teams league which isn't bad.

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - October 2018

PCybUFk.jpg

Still limping through the finish line. It wasn't a very pretty October, but getting draws against Uz-Dong-Joo and Kosonsoy, title and promotion rivals, lead us to...

XW96ze6.jpg

In truth, I almost forgot that it's the top two that go up! The gap to 3rd has remained large enough for this to be possible with the point we got against Kosonsoy. A nice achievement for my first season, but now I want the title... With 3 points and a game in hand, and just 3 days to go in November, it should be doable.

IqMouq3.jpg

C4K1aLZ.jpg

Can't even celebrate our promotion in peace, look how they massacred my boy. :( I didn't even get a chance to play him yet, he can't be registered until the end of the season.

I think they train and play in fields of rocks brushed with butter here in Uzbekistan. Long term injury after long term injury.

Edited by noikeee

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - November 2018

fBNyYLZ.jpg

The match against Sherdor-Presstizh was one of those 1 in a 100 occasions - we dominated and came out of it defeated 1-0. Worse, Kosonsoy overtook us for first place! Right at the very end! Kosonsoy were about to sit out the final round, so it all came down to a very simple equation for us. Beat Labsa, be champions. Lose or draw, finish 2nd.

Turned out to be one of the best performances of the season. There'll be dancing in the streets of Tashkent tonight.

ILq1YIV.jpg

vi5dxsN.jpg

tE1T6gE.png

Obod - Season review 2018

Best 11 and statistics

i1d9GrV.jpg

It's kinda amusing how similar this tactic is to some that were going around lately for FM20, but this plays out in such a much more appealing way to me on the pitch that I've not even tried the FM20 patch and am not considering going back to it any time soon.

We keep a few more options in our tactical arsenal - the "433-" is in fact a flat 4-1-4-1 version of this same tactic with the AML and AMR dropped back to ML/MR, a variation that I remember I used a hell of a lot back then in my MTK/Hungary career, specially in tougher matches. Most recently I've been experimenting with another variant, a more aggressive 4-2-3-1, which has been able to grind us out some goals situationally.

dRUiObw.jpg

The squad feels extremely unbalanced, the wingers and FBs are too good for this level, the CBs are alright and the rest is poor.

Top 5 players

I'm going back to the top 5 players format I used in earlier careers to speed up writing these reviews.

5. Aydos Alekeev (ST)

03B8asw.jpg 

A player that shouldn't be in contention here, because Bobojonov was the designed starting striker, but won the position over him. A nice quick poacher and not much more than that.

4. Xusniddin Tolipov (MC)

JwmMzl6.jpg 

Superb ratings from the young midfielder on loan from So'g'diyona meant he vastly outperformed his ability. 7 assists was nice too.

3. G'ulomjon O'runov (DR)

wAAmcvp.jpg 

One of 2 star fullbacks, he put the talent on the pitch much more than leftback Qurbonov as the ratings prove.

2. Alisher Saidov (AML)

Azxk8hM.jpg 

Not particularly outstanding ratings, but it cannot be denied that the engine of our side was the 2 wingers, 14 goals + 11 assists was nice even if plenty of those were from penalty kicks.

1. Alisher Azizov (AMR)

Su6inFA.jpg 

By far the best player in this side, 15 goals, 10 assists, a rating of 7.55 tells everything you need to know about him.

Prospects

Suyun Holmatov YP18A

E3wrUIf.jpg 

I was lucky enough to have a seriously exciting prospect come out of my youth academy on year 1, only to be ruined by an achilles tendon injury before I could even play him once. Hopefully he survives, I think he could've gone on to reach one of the top Uzbeki clubs without this setback.

Career progress table

H9zALoc.jpg

Thoughts on this season and the future

I'm gonna lie if I'm gonna say I didn't think winning promotion+the title was a possibility from the start, because I know the tactics work and these very low levels are sometimes unbalanced - even if the board was being very gentle by only asking to avoid automatic relegation (I guess non-automatic relegation would've been alright?). I got what I wanted from season 1 which was a trophy in the cabinet, a tiny boost in reputation and the momentum of starting to move up the ladder. The cup run was great too, and showed the gap to the top levels in Uzbekistan isn't huge.

I generally don't tend to leave clubs immediately after a promotion, but I don't plan to take Obod to world domination and if a good opportunity shows up, I'm in. Azizov and O'runov (our 2 stars on the right flank) are not interested in renewing contracts, rightly so as they could easily be playing in a tier 1 side, so that's another factor making me interested in possible job moves - feels underwhelming to stay whilst the best players go.

Edited by noikeee

dvYS7Ma.jpg

Uhhhh... okay... interesting reasoning, typically clubs in-game build stadiums when they outgrow them, but this is clearly not the case as JAR has capacity for 9000 people whilst we're averaging 336!

World of football - 2018

PXxP3fj.jpg?1

A quick overlook of what's been going on around the world during this season. This is something I enjoyed doing in my earlier careers but stopped because it was too much work to take screenshots. Time to bring it back, but on a quick to cover text format?

International competitions

World Cup 2018 - A miracle has happened and Portugal are world champions! Cristiano Ronaldo missed a penalty kick during the 90 minutes, and was controversially substituted midway through the 2nd half, but eventually Portugal did score more penalties, in a shootout that gave them the title over Germany in Moscow after a 1-1 draw.

Continental competitions

UEFA Champions League - An Aguero brace gave Guardiola's Man City their first Champions League in a 2-0 win over Real Madrid.

Copa Libertadores - The title sensationally nearly arrived to Paraguay and to Cerro Porteño, but Atlético Mineiro overpowered them in the final's 2nd leg.

Asian Champions League - Qatar's Al-Duhail win their first continental honours, over South Korea's Jeju. A bit of a surprise contest as neither team had ever been in a final before.

African Champions League - It's an odd domination from South Africa, a nation not used to getting continental glory, as Bidvest Wits clinch their 2nd consecutive trophy beating Ismaily from Egypt in the final.

CONCACAF Champions League - No surprises with an all-Mexican final, Tigres beating Chivas.

Oceanic Champions League - Uh-oh, something seems buggy as nothing was played during this calendar year. It says the competition will start in January 2019, so perhaps things will be fine in the near future, I'll keep an eye on it.

Domestic leagues

England - Albeit Guardiola's City were European champions, it's Mourinho's Man Utd kicking off what we believe will be an era of success - 5 points above Chelsea and 10 over City in 4th.

Spain - Comfortable title for Zidane's Real Madrid, 9 points ahead of Atlético.

Germany - 6 in a row for Bayern with a huge advantage, almost 20 points over surprise package Hoffenheim.

Italy - 7th in a row for Juve and Allegri, business as usual.

France - Oh my! You'd think PSG but no, Monaco retains the title even after losing all those stars like Bernardo Silva, Mbappé etc. Magnificent work from Leonardo Jardim, just nicking it by 2 points over PSG.

Portugal - Insane scenes as Sporting grab a title that had been escaping them for 16 years, on equal points, head-to-head advantage over Benfica. Jorge Jesus is the wizard that delivered it. Porto have a dismal year and finish 4th.

Individual awards

Ballon d'Or - No surprises as Messi wins his 6th ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Suarez.

2 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Really great start to the save.

Thanks.

In unrelated news, I would in no way or shape pressure you to post your Cyprus career on the forum but seriously do it, it sounds interesting.

Farg'ona, Uzbekistan, 8th of January 2019

So I've suddenly moved 5 hours further East, next to the border with Kyrgyzystan (those are some funky as hell borders too, btw):

1xHGy96.jpg

This enormous statue was almost the only thing that came up on Google Images about the town:

Bb3RJfC.jpg

The club

wD62LR2.png

7SFAsP6.jpg

I was already planning the new season with Obod when I decided to look at the available job openings, applied for one, then they gave me the job. The club is Neftchi Farg'ona - hold your breath just for a moment before looking at me with a blank face as if you didn't know anything about them.

• They've just got promoted from Pro League A (tier 2) to the PFL (tier 1). So I get to bypass tier 2 altogether and go straight for the big boys' league. I'm not sure why their previous manager left as he's unemployed, but I think it's the fact he's 65, might be near retirement.

• Low expectations, just like at Obod last year. The club wants nothing but "fight bravely against relegation". Lovely.

• The squad is dramatically better than Obod's. I accepted before being able to see the full profile of players, but just from the player values you can tell.

• This is a club with history (domestically). Last year on the 2nd division was basically just a minor blip - they've spent all the previous 20 years at the top level. Better yet, they've won the national league 4 times (the last of which in 2001) and the cup twice.

• Convinced yet? What about a 400K transfer budget?

The squad

nkL71OL.jpg

Looks okay other than the glaring lack of a rightback. Also, holy player names batman, how am I supposed to spell and distinguish Abdumavlon Abdujalilov from Abduraxman Abdulhakov?

The stars

The 3 highest valued players on current ability:

YyR0orn.jpg
Incredibly quick LB, I could've done with slightly less pace and a more well rounded player though, specially on mentals.

QAzACqI.jpg
Perfect player for my system of 2 IFs and a advanced forward. Can play all 3 positions upfront. Love it.

Oscd2iA.jpg
Oh, a international, fancy. I'm slightly concerned for Uzbeki football that this guy is good enough for the national team, but I guess for our level he should be okay. The bad news is his contract ran out and he's a bit reluctant to sign a new one, I'll try my best.

The finances

4nL0c02.jpg

giphy.gif 

The goals for this season

I've not had a good look at this division, how we compare against the rest, team report does make it seem like my squad's attributes are a little low. And we come from the division below. But I mean, come on, "fight bravely against relegation"? That seems pessimistic. Last year I was getting results on the cup with Obod against teams from this league, I see no reason why I can't do it with this lot now. Specially with cash to burn.

For my career this is a brilliant break, I did not expect to already be 2 levels above where I was last year. Definitely a step in the right direction, time to prove it on the pitch. I need to study my squad and hit the transfer market for surgical reinforcements, for a start.

Edited by noikeee

tE1T6gE.png

buh-bye, Obod

Before leaving Obod, I hired all the following players - I was in the middle of pre-season squad building, juggling trialling players and what not:

lvl81GI.jpgS4Offh7.jpgpIEdb9i.jpgdJyoHr7.jpgw8bjVno.jpg 

... and even more importantly, I just about managed to renew Azizov's contract. I think they should be all set. Thanks for the good memories, folks, and good luck in the Pro League A - I trust you'll do just fine.

za6Uqb8.jpg

One time only opportunity, if you regret not putting money on Leicester a couple of years ago why not gamble on us?

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - Pre-season 2019

I6hOzwM.jpg

giphy.gif 

It's a revolution!

GosLzHP.jpg
Hey, a player you already know. Of bloody course I would go to Obod and steal their best players - specially when we badly needed a RB. They're lucky I didn't manage to poach Azizov to complete the full right wing. The bad news is he signed for another team in our division.

1L22IBf.jpg
A Filipino-Emirati-English guy, from the Bolton youth academy, because why the hell not. Looks perfect for mezzala or BBM and might just have been our best signing.

RZx0GLw.jpg
Mediocre left winger to provide cover for the position, looked better before he signed up.

dOxHPlc.jpg
I'm glad I signed this guy just so I can say my starting duo of CBs now is Davron Tursunov and Doston Tursunov. Not confusing at all.

FsSGQGD.jpg
Probably not the best idea to sign this guy, provides decent cover for CB and DM yes, but he fills one our foreigner slots (we can have 4 foreigners registered in the squad, play 3 in a match), is paid bloody well and is not that great.

7qkUYI6.jpg
Mediocre aging player that provides cover for LB and eventually ML in a desperate situation.

E92SS9Q.jpg
Cover for the backline, we only had O'runov for RB. He's a pretty versatile guy and everybody wants this type of player in a squad.

JQrBSFr.jpg
I'm a bit confused because I don't recall putting a bid to loan in this guy. Whether it was me or my staff, well done. He'll start on midfield now.

H2hQk3t.jpg
Stop what you were doing now, and listen. WE'VE HIRED MARADONA. He's a DM, has a flair of 1, and looks like a lesbian. Pretty damn good DM for real though.

fk2z7uq.jpg
Classic run, dribble and cross winger. I like more forward-y wingers, but he'll have to do - we needed depth for the 3 positions upfront.

EZely5o.jpg
And this guy is pretty identical, except on the left wing and a bit better mentals. But he's right footed, so idk. I guess it's nice to have a few different options on the squad. Foreigner slot 3 out of 3 filled in, thanks to having the Cameroonian league loaded up.

g6qj55g.jpg

This is how this group is looking now, I think I have pretty good depth but the team report screens are a bit alarming, we seem to be one of the weakest sides in the division for sure. Then again, I was beating sides from this division with bloody Obod, so there's no point being afraid.

Tc4Trwz.jpg

We lost to the best team in the country and won all other pre-season friendlies. On IR button. Sue me.

Edited by noikeee

7 minutes ago, noikeee said:

H2hQk3t.jpg
Stop what you were doing now, and listen. WE'VE HIRED MARADONA. He's a DM, has a flair of 1, and looks like a lesbian. Pretty damn good DM for real though.

The real Hand Of God has been interviewed and asked about these latest developments in Ubzekistan.

giphy.gif

Practical examples of effective squad morale building, chapter 3, page 45

(journalist) "How talented do you think Maradona Safarov is? Do you expect him to live up to his name at his new club?"

(me) "Mate, this is Uzbekistan. So no, there are no real Maradonas here. And he needs a haircut, I've been telling him every bloody day in the dressing room, this isn't 1986 anymore, drop the mullet."

LODCYdJ.jpg

Edited by noikeee

hPuAEYE.jpg

This keeps going just great. Blank stares in the dressing room ahead of our first league match, as if I've ate all their cereal in the morning. I feel like David Brent from the Office.

Excellent first season in Uzbekistan,will be interesting to see how you take the step up into the first tier with Neftchi Farg'ona.

That haircut on Maradona though....

giphy.gif

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - March 2019

bEQgMMD.jpg 

jrBiXo3.jpg
I couldn't resist getting one more deal done in deadline day. Yes that puts us up to 4 foreigners meaning I need to leave 1 out every match. And yes he's not that much different from the other poachers we have in the squad, just a tiny little bit better. But when you see a quality upgrade upfront, you have to take it. Already rewarded me with a crazy run of 5 goals in his first 3 appearances.

oOJd5ia.jpg

Undefeated so far, this is what I want to see. Should've been 3 wins in the league, I'm not sure how the hell we drew the first match as we had 5 clear cut chances and they only had a single shot, that went in. We exploded as soon as Mbaka entered the team, hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

hat0qES.jpg

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - April 2019

7N3ZJ8u.jpg

A busy month with 6 league fixtures. I'm happy enough, even if we got smashed by Paxtakor in the biggest defeat of my career so far, even if we're not scoring many goals, and even if Isroilov, our better player, has just picked up a knee injury that will stop him for 6 to 8 weeks.

That's because we're 2nd. Even briefly went up to 1st when Lokomotiv Tashkent had a game in hand. So yeah, that's a nice start to the season so far.

8jAUjEh.jpg

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - May 2019

T2Cgt9y.jpg

Bloody Lokomotiv Tashkent. They are the best team in the country at the moment and pretty much unstoppable - our match against them proved it. I hope they step on goat poo.

But other than that, things keep going well. We still hang on to 2nd place and I've not seen anything to convince me we'll drop out of that race as the season goes on. 2nd place gives access to a preliminary round of the ACL Champions League, so that would be brilliant.

XYSBxTL.jpg

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - June 2019

qWPv9rH.jpg

A bit of an inconsistent month with a few too many conceded goals - we're particularly struggling against the good old 4-3-3 with 3 strikers, cheating AI bastards. The good news is we beat Paxtakor, so that bodes well for the cup quarter-finals which is against them - although they smashed us earlier in the season 4-0, so idk. We're also having a mini injury crisis which doesn't help.

Also, here's an important information that I'd missed earlier - after 22 matches the league will split in two. We're definitely gonna get into the top split, but Qo'qon overtook us for 2nd place now.

4jxBuTs.jpg

Edited by noikeee

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - July 2019

zuxvtGd.jpg 

CB/DM Zoxir Pirimov, who was unhappy at not playing much, was sold by 35K. We're a bit light on squad depth on those positions now, but I think we can hang on for the rest of the season, it's either that or bring in some fairly mediocre player just for the sake of it.

xLT46oS.jpg

So I decided to start IR'ing regular matches now to further speed things up... and this happened. Worse, we were winning the 2nd leg 1-0 at halftime. I guess that's the price to pay for being this hands off. I could've been more clever and told the assman to use the more defensive tactic, too.

oLMtbMc.jpg

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - August 2019

dDRIbL3.jpg 

I ended up being very quiet in this transfer window and the only other move I did was loaning out a kid. There was the odd player out there picked up by my scouts that looked interesting, but since we have all foreigner slots filled, and none of the potential Ubzeki signings looked like a huge upgrade, I'm banking on next winter there being better transfers to make. Specially since I think we're gonna go up in reputation a lot by the end of the season, therefore start attracting better players. The squad is doing well as it is anyway.

QGxBEkQ.jpg

A pretty good month, I'm happy with all results apart from drawing at home with Nasaf. It's nice to see Mbaka scoring regularly again, and also Isroilov on good form, he was on paper our better player but has been the most quiet of our front 3 all season.

The league has just split, and as predicted we've comfortably made the top split in 2nd place. With Lokomotiv Tashkent a big fat 9 points clear the league should be theirs, my goal now is to hang on to 2nd and make it to the ACL Champions League preliminary rounds.

nxMg6z5.jpg

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - Youth intake 2019

jIMUlKX.jpg

ye9MizL.jpg
AcBR7N2.jpg
zIWOnWd.jpg
mlxBDo7.jpg

With continue game timeout on, I almost missed my youth intake, oops.

It's pretty bad personalities all around, but from the Olimovs I like the striker. Properly tutored he could become a decent player for the Uzbek league, but maybe not more than that.

What is pretty interesting among all this is I quite like Otabek Ro'ziev despite him being rated with absolutely awful potential (hence the YP19J tag) - time will tell if I'm right or not.

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - September 2019

dxt2WX5.jpg

Well that's pretty terrible. We're now suddenly in a 7 match winless run! With the next match being away to Lokomotiv Toshkent, I don't predict winning that one neither.

My hands-off IR managing lately probably isn't helping, but we should be doing better than this. Perhaps the fact we're constantly now playing against the other top 5 teams in the country is what's putting us off our rhythm. It looks like 2nd place isn't a possibility anymore, but 3rd could still be salveagable, even if we've dropped to 5th.

i3ujrJr.jpg

wD62LR2.png

Neftchi Farg'ona - October 2019

5o4SlW1.jpg

Sooooo.... let's talk about next season?

LpWtYgw.jpg