Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pasonen

Pressing forwards

I dont know is this the right forum but I would really REALLY like that pressing fw tackling could be set to easy. Sometimes i want my st defend but when he gets yellow card its very risky to keep using him. Its unrealistic.. deep playing fw is too technical and cant be set to defending role. Fix it in next patch thank you. :D

I think forward should be able to defend without taking someones feets off. :DThis would be quick fix because its too late to introduce new role for the game at this point.

9 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

I think forward should be able to defend without taking someones feets off. :DThis would be quick fix because its too late to introduce new role for the game at this point.

You could train said player to not dive into tackles...

Also, I believe there is a team/player instruction to tell them not to dive into tackles and to stay on his feat

1 hour ago, Neotropolis said:

You could train said player to not dive into tackles...

Also, I believe there is a team/player instruction to tell them not to dive into tackles and to stay on his feat

That's the whole point of a pressing forward. His job is to not allow the defence to have time on the ball and bring it forward. He gets stuck in and chases the ball in the opposition defensive area when they have the ball. I wouldnt worry about the odd yellow card. My pressing forward has played 15 games and not one yellow card

Your deep lying forward is a creative player linking midfield and attack and hopefully also drawing out the centre back. Why do you want him performing a defensive role?

My recommendation is that you spend a little time to understand what the various player roles are. If you dont want you players performing these roles then select another and train the player in the role you want

51 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

That's the whole point of a pressing forward. His job is to not allow the defence to have time on the ball and bring it forward. He gets stuck in and chases the ball in the opposition defensive area when they have the ball. I wouldnt worry about the odd yellow card. My pressing forward has played 15 games and not one yellow card

Your deep lying forward is a creative player linking midfield and attack and hopefully also drawing out the centre back. Why do you want him performing a defensive role?

My recommendation is that you spend a little time to understand what the various player roles are. If you dont want you players performing these roles then select another and train the player in the role you want

Defending or supporting st's help build counterattack from center of pitch when defending deep. Balls what are cleared center from def drop to these players or amc. In fm19 I had some red cards because could not set tackles easier after yellow.In fm If u want to overman center with your tactic and defend properly against winger tactics and turn def to counter you need support or def st's. Deeplying st's got through balls and if u dont want that what to do when your press st got yellow. Cross your fingers and shout calm down. :D st's can win balls without hard tackles or at least reduce passing lines.

Edited by Pasonen

3 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Pressing forwards should be about pressing not tackling.

A Pressing Forward per the FM description has instructions for hard tackling for Defend, Support and Attack

I personally disagree and would be happy about the hard tackling as they are generally combative type players. Unlike Pasonen I don't have a problem with yellow cards. There was a previous issue that too many yellow cards were being given out and this has now be fixed for a while

However if you feel its either incorrect or that you should have the option to change this then I'd recommend a defect is raised or perhaps a feature enhancement is requested

3 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I personally disagree and would be happy about the hard tackling as they are generally combative type players.

That's good for you but you should be able to tell your striker to both press like hell AND not tackle at every opportunity. Tackling is not a prerequesite of pressing. Pressing is about blocking your opponent's ability to pass to an open teammate and winning the ball back by forcing errors or interceptions.

3 hours ago, MrPompey said:

However if you feel its either incorrect or that you should have the option to change this then I'd recommend a defect is raised or perhaps a feature enhancement is requested

Strikers with "blank canvas" PIs or at least with less hardcoded PIs have been requested before and fallen upon deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

That's good for you but you should be able to tell your striker to both press like hell AND not tackle at every opportunity. Tackling is not a prerequesite of pressing. Pressing is about blocking your opponent's ability to pass to an open teammate and winning the ball back by forcing errors or interceptions.

Strikers with "blank canvas" PIs or at least with less hardcoded PIs have been requested before and fallen upon deaf ears.

I think the bit to remember here is that the pressing forward is going to be in less contact than say a combative midfielder so the number of challenges will be less so yellow cards shouldnt be a major issue

There are likely other examples such the midfielder who is a deep lying playmaker who is prevented from taking longshots.

I very much doubt it falls on deaf ears but there should really be some feedback from SI to explain the reasons, regardless of whether we all agree or not as it would be helpful

Once he has been booked there is an option isn't there to 'ease off'  - at least my assistant seems to think so.