Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
saint.666

Oppositions Instructions Button

Hi

In previous FM versions (Maybe FM17) you are able to apply recommended instructions for a specific/individual opposition players by highlighting the player and then applying the recommendations 

Currently you can only apply the recommended instructions for the WHOLE Opposition team, even if you just wanted instructions for a single or couple of players. Subsequently then you have eliminates the unwanted instruction one by one.. terrible.. i mean why have that feature if you're eventually going to do it manually!!! 

FYI ive posted the same on Features Request Forum.. However just would like to know if this feature is available.. and Im missing some something

Are you playing the full game or FM Touch? It's slightly different on either one, although you can still choose individual players as you've done before. 

The one thing they've taken away from this screen that was really useful was the information it showed when you clicked on an opposition player's shirt - ie it would show if the player had the best pass percentage in the team, etc etc. This was useful for me to dictate what OIs to use. 

9 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Are you playing the full game or FM Touc

Im playing Full FM20 game.. is the individual feature available there ??!!

3 minutes ago, saint.666 said:

Im playing Full FM20 game.. is the individual feature available there ??!!

Yeah, I've not noticed any difference to be honest. You can choose individual players or you can use the squad screen to choose an instruction under the jersey, both ways lets you do it individually. I actually can't see a way you'd be able to do it all together, unless you highlighted everyone. If it's to edit recommendations from the assistant...have you ever been able to add the instructions individually per player? EDIT - Hang on, I'll load  up FM17 because I'm curious now...

As of the 2nd screenshot, when you click 'apply advice' it does it for the whole team, just as it does in this year's game. 

I am perhaps misunderstanding what you mean

image.thumb.png.fe68636c88ad3adecf5d000c8bf21b33.png

image.thumb.png.c4be7a15b24b4b241b8f9d1e826f1a73.png

Hi

As i said im not sure which version had the feature .. maybe FM18

The way it used to be... you highlight the player (like shown in the pic) .. and when press the Ask Assistant button (circled in the picture) it would apply the recommendation/instructions for that player ONLY..

now even when you highlight the player .. it will apply the instructions for the WHOLE team only.. which forces you then you to remove those which not needed manually 

Capture10.PNG

Edited by saint.666

1 hour ago, saint.666 said:

The way it used to be you highlight the player (like shown in the pic) .. and when press the Ask Assistant button (circled in the picture) it would apply the recommendation/instructions for that player ONLY..

I have to say I can't ever remember it doing that. I must have totally missed that feature. 

What I've also noticed is that when you leave "handle opposition instructions" to backroom staff, nothing actually gets applied in game, you still have to manually each game go to opposition instructions after kick-off and ask for assistant advice then apply it.

On 01/12/2019 at 08:42, Dagenham_Dave said:

I have to say I can't ever remember it doing that. I must have totally missed that feature. 

I never knew it could do that either.

Apart from minor layout changes, I haven;t noticed anything different about it this year.