Sports Interactive Community
bendavo27

FM20 - Cannot download the game on steam via 2nd PC.

Hi guys,

I got the game last week and downloaded on my laptop. Its pretty old and performance isn't the best.

I've got a powerful desktop for work so i wanted to download on this to play on 2nd PC. But when i access the game on Steam the download button is grayed out. I can't seem to find a reason as to why this is?

I thought all games can be played on multiple computers via steam account?

Thanks. 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb bendavo27:

I've got a powerful desktop for work so i wanted to download on this to play on 2nd PC. But when i access the game on Steam the download button is grayed out. I can't seem to find a reason as to why this is?

Are you logged into steam on both computer? As you are using two different IPs, you need to log out from your home computer.

Log into your steam account on the new machine and FM will be available from the drop down menu in the Games Library- you must log into your own account first.

Yeah I've logged out of my original machine. Still the same issue.

I come to the games library on Steam and I can't install the game its grayed out. The other football manager I've got in my library is 2010 and the install button is  highlighted blue to download. 

Struggling to thing what it could be...

vor 5 Minuten schrieb bendavo27:

Yeah I've logged out of my original machine. Still the same issue.

I come to the games library on Steam and I can't install the game its grayed out. The other football manager I've got in my library is 2010 and the install button is  highlighted blue to download. 

Struggling to thing what it could be...

Is there a 64 bit os installed on that computer?

45 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Is there a 64 bit os installed on that computer?

That's what I'm thinking. If it's only a 32-bit OS install, you can't run FM20.

On 29/11/2019 at 19:15, bendavo27 said:

Hi guys,

I got the game last week and downloaded on my laptop. Its pretty old and performance isn't the best.

I thought all games can be played on multiple computers via steam account?

Thanks. 

Are you absolutely sure you've got the same Steam account on both PCs? I know of a similar instance previously, where the user was adamant this was the case but realised he was logged in with a different account on the second PC...

7 minutes ago, Mons said:

Are you absolutely sure you've got the same Steam account on both PCs? I know of a similar instance previously, where the user was adamant this was the case but realised he was logged in with a different account on the second PC...

If the install button is greyed out, I'd assume the other PC was running a 32-bit version of Windows.

On 01/12/2019 at 16:10, Mons said:

I'm getting a similar issue, only FM20 doesn't even show on my desktop. I've signed out, logged off, etc from my laptop. I've just got a new PC and am currently migrating everything to it, but FM20 doesn't even show on my library on the desktop. But it's still on my laptop library.

21 hours ago, Korky Blues said:

I'm getting a similar issue, only FM20 doesn't even show on my desktop. I've signed out, logged off, etc from my laptop. I've just got a new PC and am currently migrating everything to it, but FM20 doesn't even show on my library on the desktop. But it's still on my laptop library.

And you are 100% positive that you're using the same account on both the laptop and the PC? Screenshots if possible please :)