Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
rourkararian

Wingers unable to cross, always shooting

What is going on with the game play with wingers?? I have tried multiple formations with different styles of wingers and each time, they run to the bi-line, then towards the goal and shoot. WHY ARE THEY NOT CROSSING???

Also please sort out the fouls by AI opposition. It is also ridiculous! 

Seen this mentioned a few times and it's been said that this is being worked on

Until a fix is here, find wingers and STs with "looks for pass rather than attempting to score" trait. You can also add this trait via in game editor. It is like fixing a wrong with another wrong but, whatever works I guess...

Well, my WP(S) on the right has 108 crossing attempts in 18 games, my two main fullbacks have respectively 160 and 121 and my new left IW (can't see the old one's stats because I sold him) has 42 in 3 games. So I'd say there's more than enough crossing going on. ;)

As has been said before, this issue has been reported and is under review.

I'm looking forward to this getting sorted out, though I think the occurences of the wingers beating everyone from one end of the pitch to the other will need to be toned down to prevent cricket scores if it is. It's also what I believe in contributing to extremely low scoring from strikers. My 3rd season just ended and Pepe (the winger) was the league's top scorer with 20. Second was Lautaro Martinez with 16 and Nketiah 3rd with 14.

Me too. For consistently cricket scorelines, Forwards would Need to be Pretty much in unmarked space, central of the box, time and time again though, and they'd still miss some as the keeper mostly has the Edge (low scoring Sports for reason). This had happened on early FM15 btw, as half a Team plus depending on the Formation and duties didn't at all defend. User reporting Weekly 6-3 scorelines were all over the place both for their own team as well as the AI. I tried to do similar and immediately conceded with the first couple shots. Somebody had just uploaded a 8-0 in the General Feedback thread. I watched the pkm, took a look in the shot Analysis watched those shots back to back and wouldn't bet on that this was an 8-0 every time. 

However, the frequency the wide guys are through are likely top priority anyways. :D 

Edited by Svenc