Sports Interactive Community
Siven

FM20: Liverpool - Champions of Europe

First thing i did as Liverpool is sort out our staff.

Several of our staff have a secondary role which lowers their coaching rating, so i gave them new contracts with just the 1 job while also signing a bunch of new staff.

John Kennedy (Def Coach)

Jochen Sauer (U23 Assistant Manager)

Flavio Tenius (GK)

Dennis Bergkamp (U18 coach, or first team coach)

Philippe Vande Walle (u18 GK)

Ze Mario Campiez (u18 fitness)

Nathaniel Weiss (u23 coach)

Kristjaan Speakman (U18 Assistant manager)

Chris Burton (Physio)

Andy Renshaw (Sports Science)

Elio Carravetta (Fitness)

Markus Zetlmeisl (U23 Fitness)

Dirk Kuyt (U18 Manager)

Thomas Caers (U23 Coach)

Grant Downie (Sports Science)

Flavio Tanajura (U18 Coach)

Anselmo Sbragia (fitness)

Chris Welman (Scout)

And some newgen staff for others roles like data analyst and sports science etc.

Players, i only bought in first window are Josha Vagnoman as backup for Robertson and can also play right back, and Mohamed Ihattaren as a young winger, going to retrain him to right inside forward and hope i can get him Det up. Also got Manuel Gasparini as a young GK.

Kept the youth until end of pre season before i loaned them out as a lot of out first team are on a break.

Sold no one at start of season.

Playing a 4141DM (433) formation, pretty much Gegenpress but with Tempo lowered and lowered line of engagement by one notch. 2 Wingers playing Inverted winger attack, tho i may change one to support, and the forward i keep changing role as i cant make up my mind.

Transfer targets for Jan or 2nd season are Haaland, tho i hope i can train his first touch, passing and technique as they are too low for me atm.

Also looking at Diogo Jota from wolves as he looks like a great winger and backup forward too.

Ruben Dias from Benfica is a DC target im hoping to get too, along with Saliba of Arsenal, Florentinio Luis for DM/MC and Sergio Reguilon (DL) for free when his contract runs out at end of first season.

English Youth targets are Dewhurst (GK), Nohan Kenneh and Jude Bellingham.

Edited by Siven

25 minutes ago, sparkycufc said:

How much did you get Vagnoman for mate?

Got Vagnoman for 14m and 15% profit of next sale.

8 minutes ago, Siven said:

Got Vagnoman for 14m and 15% profit of next sale.

I've still not managed to get a decent back up for Robertson, I'll take another look at him.

9 hours ago, sparkycufc said:

I've still not managed to get a decent back up for Robertson, I'll take another look at him.

lewis at norwich is a good backup mate 

Got Vagnoman for £18.5m

Only him and Bruno Fernandes as significant signings, Fernandes in the first transfer window and Vagnoman in January.

Took advantage of the black friday sales & got FM 20 at a discount price ill play it not as much until the March update is out 

A bit random, but Ox is amazing at RB. I liked Gomez at CB, and we had a glut of midfielders so I used Milner as Robertson's backup, and retrained Ox to be Trents backup.

if youre looking a decent youth prospect as back up to Robertson check out Toni Herrero, young spanish fullback. good potential and a low release clause as well

Won the league first season, lost FA cup final on penalties to Arsenal :(, but then won the Champions league final vs Real Madrid on penalties :)

Had a great season, but i am actually going to restart. Decided i could do a few things better.

Want to get Jota at start of season and a few youngsters a year earlier for getting homegrown status a year earlier.

Also going to train up and play Hoever more as a right back, but need to work on his (and TAA) Stamina, unless i can find a better backup for TAA. Gomez is ok, but poor crossing and i use him mainly as CB anyway.

Changed my formation slightly by having both wide forwards on support, which seemed to make them more involved in play, and midfield is now DM(d), with Mez(s) and DLP(s) infront.

Edited by Siven

11 hours ago, paddypower said:

A bit random, but Ox is amazing at RB. I liked Gomez at CB, and we had a glut of midfielders so I used Milner as Robertson's backup, and retrained Ox to be Trents backup.

Good call on Ox as RB. How long did it take him to improve his positional rating for RB? Has he become Competent or Accomplished?

I like the idea of Ox at RB may also try that too.  I managed to get Alex Telles as back up for Robbo - was listed and got him for about 12m I think - will be joining in Jan.  Also Eriksen was listed at spurs and he is also joining in Jan for a bargain 40m I thought.  Good think with these 2 is neither wanted huge wages and both happy with squad status ( telles is on 20k and eriksen is on 90k).

Currently in negotiations with Haaland.....

I use Fabinho as a RB and I love him there. 

Speaking of 1st window transfers - I've sold Lovren and got Ajer instead (a bit slow but otherwise well-rounded), got Bruno Fernandes and also negotiated with the board to get me a Jamal Lewis as a sub for Robertson.

Lewis was a mistake - 70m USD for him is a bit of overreaction I think. At least he performs somewhat well despite being rated at 2 stars. 

For the summer window I'll try to get Eriksen for free as Lallana replacement, won't renew Milner unless he'll accept a wage below 100k.

Edited by NyanOverlord

Signed Bruno Fernandes and played him as a B2B midfielder. Great player. Scored 27 goals in 51 appearances so far this season, including 20 in Prem League.

On track to win PL. Just knocked out semi-final CL to PSG on away goals. Final of FA Cup v Burnley to come. Focus on buying youth in window.

On 02/12/2019 at 01:25, yonko said:

Good call on Ox as RB. How long did it take him to improve his positional rating for RB? Has he become Competent or Accomplished?

A full season to become accomplished. However I kept encountering a bug that when I played him CM, the training turned off. I missed it a couple of times so probably would have been quicker 

I much prefer Ox in midfield. Hes a beast at Mezzala or BBM.

On another note, im finding a striker on his own upfront is really bad this edition, no matter the roles :(

I tried to retrain Ox at full back but he kept complaining.  Ive also tried him as a backup inside forward and he has done well, while Salah was injured. Agree on strikers, Bobby does not score enough despite trying him in DLF, PF, CF. He does drop deep and allows Mane and Salah to cut in to score. Bruno Fernandes finished top scorer however.  Season 2 ive signed Haaland so will see how he does as backup.

15 minutes ago, MBhighfield09 said:

I tried to retrain Ox at full back but he kept complaining.  Ive also tried him as a backup inside forward and he has done well, while Salah was injured. Agree on strikers, Bobby does not score enough despite trying him in DLF, PF, CF. He does drop deep and allows Mane and Salah to cut in to score. Bruno Fernandes finished top scorer however.  Season 2 ive signed Haaland so will see how he does as backup.

When you say Firmino doesn't score enough - what sort of figures (goals/assists) does he give you in a season? 

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

47 minutes ago, carlowsaint19 said:

Guys any one have an issue if I re-create the thread with proper intro, screenshots etc.?

That would be hugely appreciated mate thanks. 

On 04/12/2019 at 09:27, diddydaddydoddy said:

When you say Firmino doesn't score enough - what sort of figures (goals/assists) does he give you in a season? 

first season, his league return was played 33, 9 goals and 7 assists. avg 7.21. However, in CL he scored 7 in 14 games with 1 assist. 4 in 9 in the cup.

I have changed the inside forwards to support and they seem to be providing more assists in to the striker, as Bobby has scored 5 in 6 PL games so far in season 2.