FM20: Liverpool - Champions of Europe

Siven

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, dannysheard said:

Same here, although I don’t really think I’d ever want to move in real life, so I’ve decided to stop asking 🙂

I booted up the editor to check. In the Liverpool section the max capacity is listed as 85,000. But going to Anfield directly the expansion capacity is listed as 58,800.

Is that a data issue @diddydaddydoddy?

First season coming to an end could turn out to be the best in recent history exciting finish on my hands:applause:

alredy won community shield, super cup an League cup, now its time for the league and champions league ;) couldnt of got a harder run in the champions league played well all through it barca in the final now would top off a perfect campaign!!

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.04.03 - 12.32.26.96.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.04.03 - 13.13.52.62.png

22 hours ago, DaaNMaaN said:

First season coming to an end could turn out to be the best in recent history exciting finish on my hands:applause:

alredy won community shield, super cup an League cup, now its time for the league and champions league ;) couldnt of got a harder run in the champions league played well all through it barca in the final now would top off a perfect campaign!!

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.04.03 - 12.32.26.96.png

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.04.03 - 13.13.52.62.png

The season ended the way i wanted couldn't of went better !! we go again in my second season. Timo Werner first signing of the summer 52m. be hard to repeat first season but ill give it a go.

Football Manager Screenshot 2020.04.04 - 11.44.39.95.png

On 02/04/2020 at 21:19, paddypower said:

Has anyone managed to build a new stadium? I got Anfield expanded to 58,800 last season and sellout every game. I don't have an option to ask for further expansion, only a new stadium. But the board say no because they don't believe there is sufficient demand

I have to wait for the expansion to be completed to 58k+. I think you have to wait 6-12 months to ask again for anotehr expansion or new stadium. So I will wait until February 2021. But if the option is there sooner, I will report back. Damn Council better approve it, next to no chance of new statium in 2019

48 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Where did you play Trent? I'm toying with the idea of moving Trent into midfield. 

im the same im on second season now an can see the potential of Hoever alredy so im thinking of moving trent into midfield but his performances at wing back are far to good alredy got himself onto the icon list. it would be a gamble for me to do it cant decide.

2 hours ago, DaaNMaaN said:

im the same im on second season now an can see the potential of Hoever alredy so im thinking of moving trent into midfield but his performances at wing back are far to good alredy got himself onto the icon list. it would be a gamble for me to do it cant decide.

Looking at Trent and his ppm's, I'm actually tempted to look at a Regista or some form of playmaker.

On 06/04/2020 at 11:57, DaaNMaaN said:

On 06/04/2020 at 14:06, EnigMattic1 said:

Looking at Trent and his ppm's, I'm actually tempted to look at a Regista or some form of playmaker.

Did you give it a go? How did it work out? 

I’ve just finished my first season, won the league over Arsenal by 4pts, and CL, beat At. Madrid on penalties in the final. 

Now trying to build my squad for the next season. Need a good option at AML and maybe something more creative in midfield. Was thinking about getting Grealish since he can play both AML and MC and he’s english. But now Chelsea made an offer for sergej milinković-savić and I don’t want him to go there (obviously) so now I’m thinking I’ll maybe sell Gini and Keita and bring in SMS and maybe Jadon Sancho on AML. However that would be rather expensive I guess. Keita and Gini wasn’t great last season and Gini wants a new contract, but since he’s 29 I’m not sure plus he’ll probably want much higher wages. 

What would you do? Any other ideas or options?

Cheers. 

3 hours ago, RLC said:

I'm only in first season, pre season but it seems pretty useful. Granted, the opposition wasn't anyone huge, but Hoever scored and Trent had a 100% pass completion rate from 149 passes. 

On 09/04/2020 at 12:29, RLC said:

Not yet, hes playing to good to change creating more than anyone from right back an average rating of 7.77 and assisted 14 in 21 games this season. like playing with an extra midfielder with him just like Liverpool in real life to be fair!  

On 09/04/2020 at 12:39, RLC said:

I’ve just finished my first season, won the league over Arsenal by 4pts, and CL, beat At. Madrid on penalties in the final. 

Now trying to build my squad for the next season. Need a good option at AML and maybe something more creative in midfield. Was thinking about getting Grealish since he can play both AML and MC and he’s english. But now Chelsea made an offer for sergej milinković-savić and I don’t want him to go there (obviously) so now I’m thinking I’ll maybe sell Gini and Keita and bring in SMS and maybe Jadon Sancho on AML. However that would be rather expensive I guess. Keita and Gini wasn’t great last season and Gini wants a new contract, but since he’s 29 I’m not sure plus he’ll probably want much higher wages. 

What would you do? Any other ideas or options?

Cheers. 

ive signed Sancho second season hes been poor and I spent 97 mill on him but and ive seen grealish go to spurs and hes flying. but Sancho surly will become good his ratings seem to good not to. cant decide on a postion for Sancho anybody had success with him and what postion ? 

11 minutes ago, DaaNMaaN said:

Not yet, hes playing to good to change creating more than anyone from right back an average rating of 7.77 and assisted 14 in 21 games this season. like playing with an extra midfielder with him just like Liverpool in real life to be fair!  

Good to hear😛

On 02/04/2020 at 22:36, dannysheard said:

Same here, although I don’t really think I’d ever want to move in real life, so I’ve decided to stop asking 🙂

Eventually gotten the notification. 2 years after expanding and selling out every PL game. I also have £350m in the bank, been running a transfer profit for a while in preparation

image.thumb.png.e26545154838e80ee3d5f412f50b804d.png

Popped up on the 2nd of June at the end of the season without asking. I've asked loads before and been told no.

6 hours ago, paddypower said:

Eventually gotten the notification. 2 years after expanding and selling out every PL game. I also have £350m in the bank, been running a transfer profit for a while in preparation

Popped up on the 2nd of June at the end of the season without asking. I've asked loads before and been told no.

A lot of details to be confirmed it seems, but good to see they’ll build it in Liverpool 😂

after two seasons with the redmen is was time to leave after winning back to back premier league an champions league tittles it wasn't much more to do. Tuchel has took over an had a bad start maybe ill return one day haha. I took over at Lazio regret leaving abit to be honest.

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.04.20 - 16.11.07.36.png

On 19/04/2020 at 14:32, paddypower said:

Exactly one year later I've got this. 4 years to build unfortunately, although it will be named after me. I'm far in but only been Liverpool manager since 2029

image.thumb.png.a57352cf23deb9186a34b988b016dde1.png

March 2020 and Henderson wants a new contract. So I offer him a new deal and he declines what I offer. I try again and his agent says henderson no longer wants to discuss a new deal due to the breakdown previouly, he only gave me 1 chance LOL!

Lucky I have enough options to replace him as a first team starter. I can also easily get a replacement fringe player. But when I get replacements just to use as squad fillers outside my starting 11, I always search for players from my own nation but with dual nationality, Australian and English.

On 24/04/2020 at 23:24, paddypower said:

Exactly one year later I've got this. 4 years to build unfortunately, although it will be named after me. I'm far in but only been Liverpool manager since 2029

image.thumb.png.a57352cf23deb9186a34b988b016dde1.png

I had 300 odd million in the bank at the time of this news item, which was then wiped out down to 20m. Combined with the loan and selling of Anfield, I thought that was the stadium paid for. 

I went on to sell a lot of players to bring my balance back up to 150m, with my transfer budget sitting at 290m. The board took the entire sum from me in January, and took 1m per week from the wage budget. And didn't lower expectations at all. Surely that's strange? 

As LFC Manager on FM20 for some reason I never intend on hacking in to the squad so early and replacing them with young talen but for some unbeknown reason, I do it 9 times out of 10. 

Does anyone else also do this? I'm still glad that Im still successful but not by as big scorelines as I used to with the normal starting 11s. 2nd season and there is an 80% turnover in the First team squad LOL! Woops!

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2020 at 09:00, Liverpool FC Manager said:

As LFC Manager on FM20 for some reason I never intend on hacking in to the squad so early and replacing them with young talen but for some unbeknown reason, I do it 9 times out of 10. 

Does anyone else also do this? I'm still glad that Im still successful but not by as big scorelines as I used to with the normal starting 11s. 2nd season and there is an 80% turnover in the First team squad LOL! Woops!

I always use the first team squad for as long as I can with only realistic or necessary transfers. I don't enjoy going for Mbappe etc. and steamrolling everything. Liverpool have a good squad, but winning with the OG players give me a more satisfactory feeling than spending 200m every season.

• 3 weeks later...

Realistically, how much work do you guys do to the first team in the first season? I always make the mistake of buying players I want, as opposed to players I need. I mean, do we really need anything other than a backup lb and backup gk? 

Edited by EnigMattic1

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Realistically, how much work do you guys do to the first team in the first season? I always make the mistake of buying players I wand, as opposed to players I need. I mean, do we really need anything other than a backup lb and backup gk? 

Maybe a backup forward/Winger? Along the lines of Gnabry/Kluivert.

I always end up buying 3 players

LB Katterbach - Koln 8m-12m

CB Onguene - RB Salzburg 15.75m

CDM Kenneh - Leeds FREE (775k compensation)

Then in the summer after I'll go and buy Timo Werner as I prefer to keep things more realistic the first season.

Edited by LDP

9 hours ago, LDP said:

Maybe a backup forward/Winger? Along the lines of Gnabry/Kluivert.

I always end up buying 3 players

LB Katterbach - Koln 8m-12m

CB Onguene - RB Salzburg 15.75m

CDM Kenneh - Leeds FREE (775k compensation)

Then in the summer after I'll go and buy Timo Werner as I prefer to keep things more realistic the first season.

What do you do with Karius?

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What do you do with Karius?

Always sell him

Keeping Adrian for at least 1 more year with the hope of snapping up BurkI from Dortmund on a free at end of 2021, but that doesn't always happen therefore worst case I'll end up using Grabara and/or Kelleher as my backup GK(s).

Like Klopp in real life, as long as my first choice goalkeeper is world class I don't mind too much the quality of the 2nd choice as I think it's a waste of money/wages to splash out on one.

Edited by LDP

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's a question. Looking at the affiliate clubs and, under MTK, it says "MTK may send academy players to train at Liverpool to gain experience. Liverpool may benefit with some of these players coming through their youth team ranks". Has anyone ever had this? 

• 3 weeks later...

just a little rant, why why why: from FM 2010 players current ability and potential  ability how been so low it hard good players,

this is worst FM , Liverpool staff would find hard to work in non-league football, we have some best players in world but they to would find it hard in championship,

then look at players who are Premier League calibre only to find they are also pants and so on.

=====================================

any way when i am done doing the editor, squad need more reinforcement

LB: we got few young players who could break though but not to standard to push robertson might look at Van Aanholt

RB: agian like lb few young players break though few young players who could break though, i think going look for more experiench player.

LW & RW: got few good squad players but don't give as pace , flair, scoring, this try find young players to fill role

so 4 players i am look to add

mabybes CB: don't go for 3rd pick or someone to walk in the starting 11, same goes FC

Liverpool are soo good this year that its been a struggle to stay motivated during saves. In my last 2 saves I've had good fun with self imposed restrictions. I can never offer more than 200k a week for a player, my wage expenditure can never be above 4th in the league (the lower the better)I have to make a profit every transfer window and my match day squad has to have 3 homegrown products or under 18s in it every match, this increases by 2 in each of the first 3 seasons so in season 2 it has be 5 players and season 3 it has to be 7 players.

Although the Liverpool youth arent ranked particularly well by the coaches and dont have amazing stats, ive found with a little nurturing and game time they can be high end premier league players. I think Clarkson is my personal favourite little project, the boy just sprays it round the pitch Alonso style in my last saves. It was very satisfying having Man City bid £80mil for him season 4. Neco Williams and Adam Lewis can turn into fullback assist machines,in one season when they were both backups they each got into double figures with assists with Neco in particular having his value rise to £50mil plus 3 or 4 seasons in. Hoever, Jones and Elliot are just excellent cover options for multiple positions and Brewster given half the chance can turn into a goal machine. I've noticed that all of my strikers regardless of who they are having taken a good 2 seasons to start firing but when they do its 30/40 a season.

If youre looking for a cheap playmaker Almada always turns into a star, Stergiou is a fun centre back to develop and of course Bellingham is another i always try and buy end of season 1. First day transfers try and get Kenneh and Hlozek to flesh out the youth team squads cheap. Almada, Hlozek and Stergiou you can just loan out for 3 seasons and they turn into £50-70mil players if you get the loans right.

9 hours ago, adamc81 said:

Liverpool are soo good this year that its been a struggle to stay motivated during saves. In my last 2 saves I've had good fun with self imposed restrictions. I can never offer more than 200k a week for a player, my wage expenditure can never be above 4th in the league (the lower the better)I have to make a profit every transfer window and my match day squad has to have 3 homegrown products or under 18s in it every match, this increases by 2 in each of the first 3 seasons so in season 2 it has be 5 players and season 3 it has to be 7 players.

Although the Liverpool youth arent ranked particularly well by the coaches and dont have amazing stats, ive found with a little nurturing and game time they can be high end premier league players. I think Clarkson is my personal favourite little project, the boy just sprays it round the pitch Alonso style in my last saves. It was very satisfying having Man City bid £80mil for him season 4. Neco Williams and Adam Lewis can turn into fullback assist machines,in one season when they were both backups they each got into double figures with assists with Neco in particular having his value rise to £50mil plus 3 or 4 seasons in. Hoever, Jones and Elliot are just excellent cover options for multiple positions and Brewster given half the chance can turn into a goal machine. I've noticed that all of my strikers regardless of who they are having taken a good 2 seasons to start firing but when they do its 30/40 a season.

If youre looking for a cheap playmaker Almada always turns into a star, Stergiou is a fun centre back to develop and of course Bellingham is another i always try and buy end of season 1. First day transfers try and get Kenneh and Hlozek to flesh out the youth team squads cheap. Almada, Hlozek and Stergiou you can just loan out for 3 seasons and they turn into £50-70mil players if you get the loans right.

You like to develop the youngsters, what's your opinion on Millar, Stewart, Brookwell and Norris? 

On 07/07/2020 at 10:42, EnigMattic1 said:

You like to develop the youngsters, what's your opinion on Millar, Stewart, Brookwell and Norris? 

Millar does well, but its hard to push him over Brewster and Curtis, so tend to loan him out for a couple of seasons and then cash in, but £20-30mil bids i've taken for him usually. Its all about when you sell though, if you try to push them out the door you can struggle to get £10mil sometimes. 

Never had much luck with Stewart, don't know if his stats are random but I cant play strikers with bad finishing i rather give Glatzel and Longstaff games. Brookwell and Norris not so much for me and havent really looked at, Cain isn't too bad though and versatile. Kane is the other obvious guy in the u23s that can easily be a solid prem player.  

• 2 weeks later...

think its time to start a new save and try to keep one going until FM21 now. 

think i'll try to keep the squad together a bit longer than normal on this one and develop the few good young players who can make the first team. Hoever, Jones, Elliot, Brewster with Williams and Lewis useful FB back ups. 

will try to make use of the loan system a bit better to buy up some of the best youth and not move on the senior players to make way for them too early. loan them out for 1-2 seasons

22 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Is it fun to play with Liverpool? What  i like about them is that they have reasonable wages for such a big club.

Yeah, it is fun. You don't really need to buy anyone for the first team (but I still do) for the first season, But the transfer budget (98m) and decent wage budget will give you plenty to build your own team with.

Personally, it's the backroom and youth teams that need attention. 

• 1 month later...

started a final Champions of Everything save. hopefully will be able to keep this one going. keep losing the motivation to go beyond 3-4 seasons. 

Have given billy Kumentio a boost on CA/PA due to him training with the first team now and to see if i can develop him in game. IRl he looks a potential beast and hopefully in FM21 he will be the next in line for a high PA from the youth ranks. 

up to Mid December in my first season and currently top by 5 and through to the 2nd round of the CL. 

Have Josko Gvaridol set to sign on the 1st of Jan and want to tie up a couple of other young players who will go straight out on loans. Szoboszlai being my number 1 target

Neither Bobby or Origi are setting the world alight so may look to try to cash in on Origi and get a top CF in now instead of waiting on the end of the season (can usually get 60m for Origi if you win the league in s1)

21 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

OK, so it would appear that Gini and Mane could both be on their way to Barcelona in real life. In terms of FM, who would you look at to replace them? 

No way Mane's leaving, but Mbappe, Sancho, Zaniolo (if you're willing to accept left footers), Hudson-Odoi

As for Wijnaldum, Thiago (in real life), Romario Baro, Sandro Tonali

14 hours ago, TheJanitor said:

No way Mane's leaving, but Mbappe, Sancho, Zaniolo (if you're willing to accept left footers), Hudson-Odoi

As for Wijnaldum, Thiago (in real life), Romario Baro, Sandro Tonali

Sadly, Mane has said that it is his dream to play for Barca at the Nou Camp and, in all honestly, I believe this will be his last season at Liverpool (along with Klopp). 

I would love to see Tonali at Liverpool but he always eludes me in FM. I have had no experience with Thiago so far but I have seen good things from Baro. 

Mbappe will always be too expensive, but Sancho is a good shout. We will not be able to het him in real life though. I don't actually rate Hudson-Odoi in FM or real life. 

46 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Sadly, Mane has said that it is his dream to play for Barca at the Nou Camp and, in all honestly, I believe this will be his last season at Liverpool (along with Klopp). 

I would love to see Tonali at Liverpool but he always eludes me in FM. I have had no experience with Thiago so far but I have seen good things from Baro. 

Mbappe will always be too expensive, but Sancho is a good shout. We will not be able to het him in real life though. I don't actually rate Hudson-Odoi in FM or real life. 

Ohh next one maybe, but he isn't leaving this year.

Look to the academy as well, I already saw Brewster and Elliott developing well, both could take over Mane and based on your formation Elliott might take over Wij as well. Jones might also develop good enough

• 2 weeks later...

finished season 1

On 28/08/2020 at 10:25, Staf9 said:

started a final Champions of Everything save. hopefully will be able to keep this one going. keep losing the motivation to go beyond 3-4 seasons. 

Have given billy Kumentio a boost on CA/PA due to him training with the first team now and to see if i can develop him in game. IRl he looks a potential beast and hopefully in FM21 he will be the next in line for a high PA from the youth ranks. 

up to Mid December in my first season and currently top by 5 and through to the 2nd round of the CL. 

Have Josko Gvaridol set to sign on the 1st of Jan and want to tie up a couple of other young players who will go straight out on loans. Szoboszlai being my number 1 target

Neither Bobby or Origi are setting the world alight so may look to try to cash in on Origi and get a top CF in now instead of waiting on the end of the season (can usually get 60m for Origi if you win the league in s1)

finished my first season on this save. 

won the premier league going unbeaten, we were very good in the league but knocked out of all cup comps early and lost in the semi final of the CL to Real. won Super Cup and World club championship. Overall it was a very good season Mane finished PL top scorer with 20 league goals. 

in the jan window i brought in Gvaridol, Szoboszlai, Marco Kana, fabio Silva and Josh Tymon. focus firmly on youth. Gvaridol went out on loan and as i had sold Lovren i managed with 3 CB's for the rest of the season. Outs were, Lovren, Ox, Lallana, Clyne.

summer window so far was rocked with PSG chasing Firmino all season where i couldnt get him to agree a contract. they finally bid for him and i managed to get them to 110m split 80/30 upfront and over 3 years.

other outs are Gini, Shaqiri, Matip, wilson, grugic, chirivella. so far. still have 7/8 others who can go. 

with the bobby money and a big budget i've aimed to replace with big buys  

IN: Sancho 97m release clause, Haaland 65m Release Clause, Tonali 40m

working on a couple of other deals as i need another CB. want to buy english for the HG status. waiting on cout reports back on Gedfrey, Mepham and Ben white. i know all are slightly lower on the PA than most but they are for 3/4th choice rotation option. 

need to find a proper CM-AP. not sure i want to bid for Havertz as irl he went to chelsea. 

might also go for Camavinga with long term thinking in mind i he would suit rotating with Szoboszlai in my CM-DLP role