Sports Interactive Community

What's been people's experience with club vision so far?

Had an interesting scenario last night on my journeyman save. Took over AFC Fylde at the end of Jan on a 2 year deal. Just outside play-offs but playing pretty uninspiring football. Club vision was exciting attacking football with play-offs as a minimum requirement.

Had a lot of injuries when I took over so to get through the first month or so I set us up to be hard to break down and quick on the counter. Stayed in a steady 8th position but the board were unimpressed at our style of play and league position.

Implemented a more attacking, pressing style with a 4231 after that but results took a turn for the worse, conceding far too many late goals as players tired. Eventually finished 12th after an abysmal run-in. However for the board were now satisfied with performance despite our poor league position and we're now plotting to building a squad capable of challenging.

I (and quite a few others) can't continue our games due to being sacked for wage budget when we are all under the budget (a couple of us even got promoted back to back). Go check out the bugs forum for club vision, the system is a mess. That being said I do like the concept of it

That's mad, i wasn't aware of that. Hopefully it's sorted soon

1 hour ago, Soverntear said:

I (and quite a few others) can't continue our games due to being sacked for wage budget when we are all under the budget (a couple of us even got promoted back to back). Go check out the bugs forum for club vision, the system is a mess. That being said I do like the concept of it

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one.

I was managing Fulham, got them promoted in the first season and then while in the Premier League I asked for a bigger wage budget as I had a signing I want to make and my current wage budget wasn't enough (even though I was under budget anyway) and the board basically said "we won't give you one now, but if you lower the current wage budget then we will increase it" ... so I cracked on not thinking anything of it, finished mid-table in the Prem and then was immediately sacked.

It's my first save, so I reloaded back to 3 months prior (I'm on a 3 month auto save) and played through the same fixtures again while also endeavoring to lower the wage bill ... which I did. 

Some may call it cheating, but I was furious that the board would sack me after a mid-table Prem finish and being within the budget that THEY had set.

That being said, I do actually like the format and idea of the Club Vision - it gives a longer term view on the boards hopes and aspirations for the current seasons and lets you see where you need to be aiming for. 

Edited by xarm0x

Really really like it.

However that may change as after getting Cottbus into 2.Bundesliga the board expect me to get promotion by winning the league which I'm not sure is gunna happen.

Something I have found at Watford and then Cottbus though is the boards both insisted on taking advantage of set pieces. Tried to remove but they are adamant about it. Never happened at my 4 years at Motherwell.

Also at Cottbus one of the objectives is to sell players for profit. The board went over my head and sold my two most promising players for a combined £11m yet they have marked me as failing in this objective. Possibly because they made the decision themselves? I dunno.

Overall I'm enjoying the feature though and look forward to experiencing it when I proper put down roots at a club and maybe do 10 years somewhere.

I briefly took over Rangers before deciding against it and going back to my save before I took them over but one of their objectives was to make my youth academy the best in the country which as a youth focused manager I really like the idea of and interested to see how that would be judged.

Think it is good feature for long term play, so long as it works well. I have noticed issue with "signing high reputation players" that needs addressing asap... At present you do not know until you try to sign a player whether or not his world reputation is enough to meet club culture criteria. You would expect scouts at a club to know about club expectations regarding new signings and their scout reports should indicate which, if any, of your club culture requirements would be met by signing a particular player. I would have expected this to be a basic adjustment to scout reports following introduction of club vision/culture feature and am amazed it has been overlooked. Hopefully this will be included in first patch. possibly issues with others too.

Using different descriptions for club reputation stars and player world reputations just adds to confusion - Chelsea club reputation 4 1/2 stars = Worldwide reputation.

No Worldwide description for player reputations....., just Very Good (3 stars), Superb (3 1/2 stars & 4 stars) and Exceptional (5 stars).

If i need to sign players with minimum reputation of 4 1/2 stars then it has to be Messi or Ronaldo (5 stars each).... Players like Hazard, de Bruyne, Griezemann, Mbappe, Lewandowski are 4 stars or less for world reputation and potentially not of sufficient calibre?. Surely this cannot be right/what was intended? Star systems not consistent to enable star for star comparison!

As I said above, scout reports should indicate whether player likely or not to meet club culture requirements. Hopefully sorted in next patch.

Edited by mhaffy

Delighted to read that you're all enjoying Club Vision and it's great to see how varied an approach it is encouraging you to take in even the few posts here.

For the couple of potential bugs mentioned, could I kindly ask that, if you still have the relevant saves, could you get them posted in the bugs area please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/745-club-vision-and-performance/ - we'll get them under review, if they are not already.

6 hours ago, mhaffy said:

I have noticed issue with "signing high reputation players" that needs addressing asap... At present you do not know until you try to sign a player whether or not his world reputation is enough to meet club culture criteria.

We are aware of this and are investigating :thup:

Easier way to see who are "high profile players" relative to your club would help but one thing people need to also understand is that high profile doesn't necessarily mean great player. It only means a popular player. He could be rubbish (old age). I don't believe a player's reputation needs to be exactly the same as the club's rep but only in the range of the club's rep.

I'm quite happy with the rating system you get from the fans about how they view a signing as well as your monthly progress report, much easier to fathom than several blue bars.

@Seb WassellWassell

Some questions:

I have seen that board can add style of playing (i had no request and the in second year they add to play attacking football and others) that is great. But a part adding, they can also change them?

About transfer policy. Some question as above. And also i have seen the buy to sell for profit (i playing in italian), but there was also the possibility they add something about young players (like the ones set at starting in others clubs) ?

Thanks

On 29/11/2019 at 16:53, Grifty said:

I'm quite happy with the rating system you get from the fans about how they view a signing as well as your monthly progress report, much easier to fathom than several blue bars.

Agreed however I had an annoying one where I had to sign an ageing left-back on a short-term contract to see out the season due to injuries to all available LB's, but the fans got annoyed I was signing older players rather than use youth (lower leagues team so only had a couple of LB's to start with)

I've not once had my board anything but devestated about "sign players to sell for a profit" even though I've always made a profit in the transfer window. Having never bought anyone for cash! 

15 hours ago, dth18 said:

Agreed however I had an annoying one where I had to sign an ageing left-back on a short-term contract to see out the season due to injuries to all available LB's, but the fans got annoyed I was signing older players rather than use youth (lower leagues team so only had a couple of LB's to start with)

That’s part of the challenge. Things shouldn’t always go as expected

True but when there is no youth options available it just seems a bit daft

On 30/11/2019 at 09:22, FlorianAlbert9 said:

I have seen that board can add style of playing (i had no request and the in second year they add to play attacking football and others) that is great. But a part adding, they can also change them?

About transfer policy. Some question as above. And also i have seen the buy to sell for profit (i playing in italian), but there was also the possibility they add something about young players (like the ones set at starting in others clubs) ?

Yep, these are dynamic.

10 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Yep, these are dynamic.

Hmm, my slider for budget adjustment is not showing.. I mean the one where you can change wage budget above it.
How do i get it? 

Board expectations seem way too aggressive this year. I'm 6 years in to a Trapani save, got them promoted to Serie A and spent a couple years struggling climbing to mid table.  Finally was able to barely squeak into 4th placed and qualified for Champions League for first time, I'm way ahead of the club vision timing. What does the board expect for next season, that I win Serie A REQUIRED, reach Champions League Quarter Final REQUIRED no negotiation...wow. Even the pre-season media only think we're like 6th best in league. Never mind despite reaching that level of success they still rate my performance as B-  it must be impossible to get an A. Previous game versions I would be Untouchable and long may I last.