Jump to content

Development and progression of players


Recommended Posts

i have noticed that some players simply don't progress even doe they have a good personality a lot of playing time and high average rating ... example: matteo kovacic 

age: 25 at the start of the game(28 in the save that i will upload for review)

his personality: resolute 17 determination 16 professionalism and 14 ambition

he had no severe injuries through the span of 3 years and most of the injuries he had were for the most part minor and only 3 were moderate(3 to 4 weeks)

he played a total of 94 games in all competitions in the span of 3 years with an average rating of 7.30 or more as i did not make the exact calculation for the champions league and cup games(his rating in the english first division is 7.38) 

test: with the genie scout i checked his CA(current ability) and PA(potential ability) at the start of the game and in 3 years time(my save will be included for proof) 

his CA and PA at the start of the game: 160 CA and 175 PA 

his CA and PA in 3 years time: 161 CA and 175 PA

i believe that a player with this type of personality+amount of playing time+average rating playing in the english first division(chelsea) should progress much faster and not by 1 point in 3 years 

i get that you've made the player progression slower from fm 18 or 19 onward but this feels simply too slow and makes no sense to me ... would love to hear your opinion on the matter ...

3 years into the future save:  matteotest.fm

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @PAPA Edien

Players have a hidden score called their Progression Factor that dictates how close to their CA can get to their full PA. A player's PF is calculated based on a variety of different things, including age and performance.

Younger players are much more likely to get a high progression factor, and it can be recalculated during a save at key points of a player's career.

We aim to keep the number of players in each CA bracket relatively consistent as the game progresses, which means we can't have every player always reach their full PA. If you notice a pattern with lots of players not progressing that you think should be, please let us know, but there will always be individual cases where this happens.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Andrew

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Hi @PAPA Edien

Players have a hidden score called their Progression Factor that dictates how close to their CA can get to their full PA. A player's PF is calculated based on a variety of different things, including age and performance.

Younger players are much more likely to get a high progression factor, and it can be recalculated during a save at key points of a player's career.

We aim to keep the number of players in each CA bracket relatively consistent as the game progresses, which means we can't have every player always reach their full PA. If you notice a pattern with lots of players not progressing that you think should be, please let us know, but there will always be individual cases where this happens.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Andrew

i understand completely plus i do know about this hidden stat as is does feature in the genie scout but it dives a bit to heavily after the age of 22 23 24 from what i have seen in the last 2 fm's ... i used kovacic for that reason exactly to show that his progression is a bit too low considering:

he is training on the best training facilities possible

he is trained by the best coaches possible 

he has played well if not great in the second highest league(english primier league) in the world with more then enough playing time 

he has a good if not great personality 

look he had almost the best possible environment to develop and even doe he is over the age of 23 i still think he should have developed better ... because then what's the point of buying players older then 23 if they won't evolve well or consistently after that age ... in real life some players go from being average to world class after this age(23) some even after the age of 28 29 30 even doe that is uncommon ... yet in fm the chance of this is extremely low if not impossible  

same example in my save being frankie de jong(who is a player build for reaching his potential from what i have seen in his hidden stats) another player with a great personality and the same conditions as kovacic plus good if not great seasons for barcelona ... in my save he went up only 3 points in current ability which for a 22 year old at the start of the save is extremely low ... this is definitely a common theme from what i have noticed ...

i would at least like to know if i am missing a major factor in player development as i do not know how else i can raise the players current ability ? 

as for the keeping each CA bracket consistent comment that i would like say in the most polite way i can that i do not agree with ... as if that's the case some players that have the potencial ability the environment and personality to succeed won't do so just because there are other players in the world of fm that are taking their place in the exact CA bracket ... 

would like to know more and would like to hear from from you again as my thrist for knowledge is extremely high :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a look at your save game, and Kovacic has a Progression Factor of 5, which is the highest it can be, and means his CA is not being limited at all. The closer a player gets to his full PA, the harder it becomes to increase, and the player's age is also a factor in how likely they are to improve. There is an element of chance involved, and I'm afraid it just seems like you've been unlucky not to have the player's CA increase much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andrew James said:

I've had a look at your save game, and Kovacic has a Progression Factor of 5, which is the highest it can be, and means his CA is not being limited at all. The closer a player gets to his full PA, the harder it becomes to increase, and the player's age is also a factor in how likely they are to improve. There is an element of chance involved, and I'm afraid it just seems like you've been unlucky not to have the player's CA increase much.

ok that sounds fair and is realistic so i have no issues with it anymore ... thank you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2019 at 08:50, PAPA Edien said:

ok that sounds fair and is realistic so i have no issues with it anymore ... thank you :)

 

On 29/11/2019 at 00:04, PAPA Edien said:

i understand completely plus i do know about this hidden stat as is does feature in the genie scout but it dives a bit to heavily after the age of 22 23 24 from what i have seen in the last 2 fm's ... i used kovacic for that reason exactly to show that his progression is a bit too low considering:

he is training on the best training facilities possible

he is trained by the best coaches possible 

he has played well if not great in the second highest league(english primier league) in the world with more then enough playing time 

he has a good if not great personality 

look he had almost the best possible environment to develop and even doe he is over the age of 23 i still think he should have developed better ... because then what's the point of buying players older then 23 if they won't evolve well or consistently after that age ... in real life some players go from being average to world class after this age(23) some even after the age of 28 29 30 even doe that is uncommon ... yet in fm the chance of this is extremely low if not impossible  

same example in my save being frankie de jong(who is a player build for reaching his potential from what i have seen in his hidden stats) another player with a great personality and the same conditions as kovacic plus good if not great seasons for barcelona ... in my save he went up only 3 points in current ability which for a 22 year old at the start of the save is extremely low ... this is definitely a common theme from what i have noticed ...

i would at least like to know if i am missing a major factor in player development as i do not know how else i can raise the players current ability ? 

as for the keeping each CA bracket consistent comment that i would like say in the most polite way i can that i do not agree with ... as if that's the case some players that have the potencial ability the environment and personality to succeed won't do so just because there are other players in the world of fm that are taking their place in the exact CA bracket ... 

would like to know more and would like to hear from from you again as my thrist for knowledge is extremely high :)

I’ve also noticed that players don’t seem to be able to progress as well as you would imagine they should do. My save I have too facilities all coaching categories 4 stars min. Players playing 40+ games per season and stats are pretty stagnant. 
 

Look at players like Grealish and Daniel James. They have come into their own this season with huge reputation increases. I don’t see that being replicated in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...