FM20 Touch - Training Solutions

Training Problem 1: Training Sessions Intensity

I keep getting a monthly message about players voicing their displeasure over the quality of training sessions.

For example, Matt Doherty is unhappy wit the low level of general team training? 

To resolve this, it says to increase the intensity of the team training? How do I do this?

Training Problem 2: Training Units not getting attention

Again, monthly I get reports on training say players are unhappy with training, saying their units are not getting enough attention. 

Each player is involved in a mentoring group and they each have their own individual sessions (including position additional focus etc).

How can I resolve this problem?

Training Problem 3: Staff

My staff aren’t the worst, they cover each attribute well and each are well skilled staff (4+ stars each). Is there anyway of hiring attacking coaches or defending coaches, similar to the FM Mobile game? For some reason, I’m thinking I’m missing something, linking my staff to my training sessions? How do you hire more staff?

• 3 weeks later...

been the same in previous version with the new training, just switch your training to assistant and everyone's going to be happy. no idea how to solve it otherwise.

there isn't more staff and i think all that matters is training facilites anyway.

Edited by radosst

• Administrators
On 27/11/2019 at 17:54, jamie_B_105 said:

Training Problem 1: Training Sessions Intensity

I keep getting a monthly message about players voicing their displeasure over the quality of training sessions.

For example, Matt Doherty is unhappy wit the low level of general team training? 

To resolve this, it says to increase the intensity of the team training? How do I do this?

Training Problem 2: Training Units not getting attention

Again, monthly I get reports on training say players are unhappy with training, saying their units are not getting enough attention. 

Each player is involved in a mentoring group and they each have their own individual sessions (including position additional focus etc).

How can I resolve this problem?

Both of these issues are bugs. The reaction is coming from the schedules themselves, but as you can't micromanage them you shouldn't be getting this message

Can you please report them to the bugs forum? https://community.sigames.com/forum/734-football-manager-2020-touch-bugs-forum/

On 27/11/2019 at 17:54, jamie_B_105 said:

Training Problem 3: Staff

My staff aren’t the worst, they cover each attribute well and each are well skilled staff (4+ stars each). Is there anyway of hiring attacking coaches or defending coaches, similar to the FM Mobile game? For some reason, I’m thinking I’m missing something, linking my staff to my training sessions? How do you hire more staff?

You don't. It's related to your training facilities and club reputation how good your training is. 

On 18/12/2019 at 06:52, Lucas said:

Both of these issues are bugs. The reaction is coming from the schedules themselves, but as you can't micromanage them you shouldn't be getting this message

Can you please report them to the bugs forum? https://community.sigames.com/forum/734-football-manager-2020-touch-bugs-forum/

You don't. It's related to your training facilities and club reputation how good your training is. 

The unhappiness with intensity is usually caused by it being left on automatic. There seems to initially be a bug. It shows ‘automatic’ with the level usually ‘very light’ or ‘light’.

If you select ‘normal’ and then re-select ‘automatic’, you will see it now displays ‘normal’ with the little circular icon denoting automatic. The level will now usually show ‘medium’ and players will stop being unhappy. 

With regards to training units, I usually notice it when I use ‘attacking’ team training for prolonged periods. Goalkeepers and defenders will eventually start complaining. Swap to ‘balanced’ or other routines in which they’d be more involved and it seems to stop the unhappiness. 

Edited by eencae
Another typo!

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, eencae said:

With regards to training units, I usually notice it when I use ‘attacking’ team training for prolonged periods. Goalkeepers and defenders will eventually start complaining. Swap to ‘balanced’ or other routines in which they’d be more involved and it seems to stop the unhappiness. 

That's precisely for the reasons I've mentioned with the schedules, as that's where they get their unit training from. While there are workarounds, this isn't at all clear and it's a bug for us to look at in either case. They shouldn't be complaining and if they are it should be clearer why that is the case. 

But thanks for the insight. It should help others with the issue in the meantime while we investigate.