Sports Interactive Community
ClemB

Not enough regens generated from Africa

After 2 years, Africa has barley generated 20 regens for the whole continent. I hardly see how African nations will remain competitive in the future. Also small clubs like the one I'm currently managing hugely rely on african imports. Such low numbers of regens make it very difficult. I dont have South Africa loaded (never had, in FM) but i'm playing with a large database.

I noticed Asia and South America lack a bit of regens too.

Most recent update contained a fix that should have improved the number of dual nationality newgens. Please provide specific examples of any cases you think could be further improved.

Il y a 3 heures, Andrew James a dit :

Most recent update contained a fix that should have improved the number of dual nationality newgens. Please provide specific examples of any cases you think could be further improved.

Well, I was more talking about regens generated by African clubs. Surely more dual national regens will help to improve the competitiveness of National Teams but further regens generated from African sides are also needed for teams/leagues relying on african imports.

On 09/12/2019 at 22:45, ClemB said:

Well, I was more talking about regens generated by African clubs

I've had a look at this and the newgens generating in Africa seem to have a similar percentage of dual nationalities as anywhere else - is this different to what you're experiencing? 

On 16/12/2019 at 16:13, Andrew James said:

I've had a look at this and the newgens generating in Africa seem to have a similar percentage of dual nationalities as anywhere else - is this different to what you're experiencing? 

I think he's pointing out that African newgens based in Africa are rare. That's due to database size perhaps, because the game is trying to keep number of players at the same level. But African players generally don't have big world reputation hence not enough players based in Africa are 'loaded' at the start of the game (because mainly good reputation players are loaded if you don't change anything in advanced database setup). 

@ClemB - you can upload your save here, I'll try to check how many Africa based players are loaded.