Sports Interactive Community
Minuy600

[FM20] Royce Sithole's Grand (African) Tour

Once upon a time, a little Swazi lad called Royce Sithole came home from public school. He was poor. Very poor. Of course. But that one day... It was special. The instant he came in, his dad called his name. 'Royce', he yelled, 'Look at this'. Then he showed a picture. The picture showed a car.

A... Bentley. No, not a Rolls Royce, you fool. Anyway- young Sithole was inspired. He wanted the car. But he was poor. So he couldn't get it.

10 years (or something idk) later, he finally had built up the money to see a match of football in his country. Inmediately he realised something. He saw the players struggle harshly, get punted off, concede at irritating moments, and much more. He thought he could do it much better than the guy who went by as the 'coach' of the team. After the match, Royce approached the 'coach' and questioned his abillity. And then came the bombshell. 'Do you get paid for this?' he asked. 'Yes, why wouldn't I?' was the response. 

A light bulb went up in Royce's head now. If he could do it better than this guy, who earns money off of this, then why wouldn't he try to realise the dream of his truth and afford a car while leading a team to glory? And so he would.

Alright enough of this, i'm not that great at telling stories. Point is- we're here to bring glory to Africa. In which countries you may ask?

image.thumb.png.e0405ff73c6d0492859722f242ff5c25.png

These. My friend made a very fun looking database fixated around the southernmost part of the continent and it would only make sense to give it a shot in one way or another. Why not write a bit of a story around it?

Here's some goals to get you excited.
The first one would obviously be to win promotion from one of the lower divisions that got added, preferably in Eswatini or Lesotho for realism's sake. Won't let it get in the way of fun factor though. After that has happened, I would grant myself access to the highest divisions of every country barring South Africa (where I would be able to manage in the second tier instead). Then finally, the big one, is to win all of the top divisions. From Botswana to Zimbabwe, no stone should remain uncovered. After that you'd probably be looking at me trying to win the CL and Cup of Nations with the national teams, however it's unlikely I will have the determination to actually make it happen.

image.thumb.png.66f579aa4572c45d6714d8bd24f71dcb.png

He never learned how to look cool in a way that it's actually cool. Can you *really* blame him though? Poor guy. Literally.

Will be reading! 

So much obscurity in the Updates Forum coming through recently :thup: There's real progression to be had here from the lower reaches of Lesotho and eSwatini through to Botswana and Mozambique before guiding a big club from South Africa. 

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Will be reading! 

So much obscurity in the Updates Forum coming through recently :thup: There's real progression to be had here from the lower reaches of Lesotho and eSwatini through to Botswana and Mozambique before guiding a big club from South Africa. 

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, SRL88 said:

This could be very interesting. Love that it's different too :)

Thank you both! Glad to have ya on board.

Now let's check back on the day of today, whatever adventures Royce may be getting into now...

image.thumb.png.55e77408826374fab617e950ce534f14.png

So it looks like we have 3 proper options here.

African All Stars are the biggest of those 3 teams, however as their reputation is very high for a complete nobody like Royce, it might be difficult to land the job there.

Mogoditshane Fighters are very strong indeed, maybe *too* strong. They and Centre Chiefs are 14 points ahead of everybody in the league, and I don't think Royce wants to halt that progress by changing everything.

And then we have Malanti Chiefs. Currently hovering 1 point above the relegation zone in the very tight eSwatini Premier League, they don't fit the rule of starting in a lower division but are of a low enough level for that to be forgivable.

Let's apply to some, shall we?

Edited by Minuy600

Just now, ManUtd1 said:

Woohoo! Love this. Definitely followed.

Glad to have you here, I knew you'd fancy a bit of a 'story'.

image.thumb.png.2d1b2478cbc8412a4237b04f1e99048f.png

Never thought it'd happen anyway.

No question about it, and an African journey always appeals. 

Young African FC from Namibia knocked on Royce's door.

image.thumb.png.2fc2094623deec251fb0a44b0c463eab.png

'...Well, who knows', he responded.

Edited by Minuy600

image.thumb.png.f4c27880c7a78f3dc027c755cfd7471c.png

image.thumb.png.3a6a0b7f8e9443fe7b667405ff6d2e7a.png

image.thumb.png.f03f765c49a2e3faa7ca4d785c1acac7.png

And thus, a new journey begins. Glory to Malanti. Glory to Royce.

Edited by Minuy600

Royce entered the dressing room, which consisted of nothing more of a couple of planks to represent a bench and a nonfunctional shower. 22 guys watched intently- they have never seen a manager that young.

'Alright lads... where to start? What's your name, for starters?'
'I'm Mxolisi Ngomezulu, the number one goalkeeper.'
'I'm Mxolisi Dlamini, i'm supposed to be the number one goalkeeper in the future.'
'I'm Mxolisi Bachar, the rightback.'

Et cetera, et cetera.

image.thumb.png.f8279e74322bdcb93b1b64ebe50eb48d.png

Looking at our squad and it's obvious why we are so low down for the time being. Either the players are amazing or completely useless. Hopefully that means there's a balance, but I don't expect so. Luckily the winter transfer period is close by.

image.thumb.png.6d0cea083be4e4ea79087de264aeb173.png

image.thumb.png.0f7a7efcae5746fb053e5196e8fdafe0.png

Mlanti failed to make progress beyond the first few matches and find themsleves battling against Green Mamba and the Highlanders. If they can be as good as they've shown in August, we should be able to make some steps.

image.thumb.png.873dcca02c628e86569a377d49aad3c2.png

We're absolutely bloated.

image.png.f82fc77f5d706ff94be9d603e7fae901.png

Haha, oh, so forgetful.

Let me ask you the same question, Mxolisi. Which one of the 6 are you again?

3 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Best of luck with this Minuy, I'm Mxolisi Nakamura, the follower of your thread. :D

I'm Mxolisi26 and so's my wife

12 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

Tough start so far

0 played, 0 goals for, 0 points, yeah that's a rough one.

I'm Mxolisi600, your host for tonight.

image.thumb.png.c068bb07c0d55eb31af32e3c702a9458.png

So Denver Sundowns are 3 points ahead of us after winning against the Highlanders, might be good to play a bit carefully and (try to) pounce them on the counter. I have no clue how this is gonna go.

My bad :lol:
Thought you'd got a few under your belt looking at fixtures posted.

Just now, SRL88 said:

My bad :lol:
Thought you'd got a few under your belt looking at fixtures posted.

I'm no instant result user so unless I were some kind of wizard playing on the highest speed, I was never gonna do 13 matches in an hour.

Just now, Minuy600 said:

I'm no instant result user so unless I were some kind of wizard playing on the highest speed, I was never gonna do 13 matches in an hour.

I'll lend you some of my wizard powers. ;) :lol:

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I'll lend you some of my wizard powers. ;) :lol:

I shall never join the Dark Side :stop:

In the searing heat of Manzini, eSwatini, Royce walked onto the pitch, which was dry and burnt out. 'This... this is my life now.'

He turned to the players. 'Well. It's been 4 months since we last won, hasn't it? Why do you think you won't change it today? DON'T YOU WANT A SHOWER?'

Everyone, including the sextuplet of of Mxolisis, looked at each other, then at Royce, and then walked right past him. Onto the pitch. In front of the excessively vocal patch of Sundowns supporters. Boy, are they loud.

image.png.43e000aad82cbf8bf6f826462e248c11.png

GOAALLLL! Denver's Mxolisi has fired it beautifully... into his own net!

image.png.1a716a12b716a8de24950997c23eb536.png

GOAAALLL! There's no doubt about that one! Tebogo Mogale, the 35-year South African, has still got it!

image.thumb.png.21cd93ede8e7293f8b4d52154357942f.png

Royce Sithole has been heard talking about pride, cars and showers to his players... will his words prove the key to a special first victory for the manager younger than almost all of his players?

image.png.bb2ca5c200f57a9e798c0b72f8a3ec30.png

GOAALLLLL! And THAT is how you do a cross! Tebogo Mogale and Mandla Kunene seem like a dream team already!

image.png.c0fd2f7e22cc6f5f9f1e810657dad06d.png

GOAALLLLL! Unbelieveable strike from Sifiso Mathunjwa! He may have been seen as below average by some, but in eSwatini, there IS no below average! The vocal fanclub of the Sundowns... they've been completely silenced!

image.png.a9c855bdedbd0be697ae181d3e6dfa8a.png

GOAALLLL! I don't know what we're witnessing... but feast your eyes before it ends!

image.png.83f7091fd618d9a093c6f6bcdcff4d7f.png

GOAL DENVER SUNDOWNS! They wanted it badly, you could tell in their eyes that they needed to feel some confidence that their scoring abillity didn't go down the gutter. Fair play!

image.png.d34a5d3b2bb1ec676036cf58d32d0e40.png

GOAALLLL! It just doesn't stop! No way! Nope! Zip! Nada!

image.png.19493d7259bece57221eacbd40fdeebf.png

GOAALLLL! I told you!

1707019264_DenverSundownsvMalantiChiefs_Review.thumb.png.04da9fb883fc38bead57c6bf2966bb23.png

We have just witnessed an almighty entry of a new Swazi legend. Or so we hope. His name? Royce blimmin' Sithole. Glory to Malanti Chiefs!

Edited by Minuy600

Denver literally have 8 Diamini brothers with 3 of them having the first name Sipho, they were completely confused and that is why you were able to win so easily, you can't tell me otherwise.

Just now, Makoto Nakamura said:

Denver literally have 8 Diamini brothers with 3 of them having the first name Sipho, they were completely confused and that is why you were able to win so easily, you can't tell me otherwise.

What the hell, you're right. I knew the name pool in eSwatini was tight but that's a whole new level of... what?

image.thumb.png.3b9afcf60c0be0ab50b1c3e36925a89c.png

giphy.gif

(this went on for 18 messages)

Edited by Minuy600

image.thumb.png.4fa77cec9c6ccb1409487f9e33ca90a3.png

This might be a bit tougher than the previous one. Manzini Wanderers have been unbeaten since September, and only aren't on top because they drew too many times. Let's hope our tactic is as good as it seemed last match. We also miss Tebogo Mogale who was instrumental to our success.

Edited by Minuy600

7 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

image.thumb.png.9d85a264f1b79bf0e0fabe38e0606ff2.png

No words needed to describe this one. This, is that.

Another Mxolisi and another Diamini. :lol: Can we have a running tally? Mxolisi count is currently at 7, Diamini count is at 9. 

10 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Another Mxolisi and another Diamini. :lol: Can we have a running tally? Mxolisi count is currently at 7, Diamini count is at 9. 

Manzini Wanderers has 2 Mxolisi and 5 Diamini. Check and check.

Didn't even notice before but we have 7 Diamini ourselves, haha.

Edited by Minuy600

5 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Manzini Wanderers has 2 Mxolisi and 5 Diamini. Check and check.

Didn't even notice before but we have 7 Diamini ourselves, haha.

In which case we are up to 9 Mxolisi and 21 Diamini! Good luck beating the Wanderers away. :D 

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

In which case we are up to 9 Mxolisi and 21 Diamini! Good luck beating the Wanderers away. :D 

15 Mxolisi if we include our own.

Edited by Minuy600

image.thumb.png.0807482b5bb50723144f3826a0996821.png

We got ourselves a rival, lads. Pretty unbelievable it can happen in real life as well.

image.thumb.png.d49e3a97296acb9924c6264484ebcf8c.png

'I'm Mxolisi Dlamini. I'm your new scout.'

To finish off for today- the current league table as of the first day of 2020.

image.thumb.png.0bfe11081c96da4d3b4add512ac48110.png

Did I mention it was tight? At least we got that advantage of getting to play one more game than our rivals.

Glory to Mxolisi. Glory to games in hand. Glory to the good night.

(chances are progress will be a little slow sometimes because I also wanna continue working on my megapack- except me to rotate between the two)

Edited by Minuy600

We're starting off today's session with an investigation... Just HOW MANY Mxolisi are there?
I got your answer.

image.png.4225931365b8ff844243d98821b09da2.png

Yep. 211 Mxolisi exist in this world as of the first day of 2020.

And how many people have the surname Dlamini? Well...

image.png.7dea418d5777a5c25d254cd5b7626e81.png

Seventy-five of these people are called Mxolisi Dlamini, too. This is some next level weirdness.

1993219957_RoyalLeopardsvMalantiChiefs_Review.thumb.png.2c74d2d00077bfab0f85f212162ac8e7.png

'Superb job, lads. You all deserve a meal at McDonald's for that.'
'But there's no-'
'Just play along Mxolisi, y'all gotta be happy'

2 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

image.thumb.png.2a7bcfd8c04d230a1cc61c710b2c98f5.png

There's no stopping this guy... or any of the other 74.

I cant't wait to see what to eSwatini Hall of Fame will look like in 10 years. :lol:

image.thumb.png.aa93cbe7be81b8978a08bd6300c460fe.png

Our first signing! This lad will help us fill the other centreback position as we only have one with more than half a star. Just after my other main centreback scored a red card too!

image.thumb.png.96cfb3383233a28afae67bb19cb72a80.png

Two more dominant (like, how are they this bad dominant) wins against the weakest teams of the league. No goals conceded in January, we now go into a short break untill February, where the final stretch of 10 matches will start.

image.thumb.png.42341c0f62c86be7d9924efebd20f890.png

We're the only perfect team since Royce's appointment, if that isn't encouraging, I don't know what is.

image.thumb.png.d97035575243b58c393a78acc024246b.png

And then we were 11 points ahead of the relegation zone. What the hell did the previous manager to get in there anyway?

We! Are! Probably gonna throw this away eventually. But we're also gonna buy a shower now!

Ahhh, i'm sorry. I can't really continue this save. It's a nice one but I can't properly concentrate on it when I have so many other things to play and do.

I won't delete it, just in case I get motivated again. But consider it over unless Royce decides a shower and bragging rights aren't enough.