Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
FulhamFc14

Mentoring & Determination

The senior/influential players in my squad generally have good mental stats, however, I noticed that a lot of them have low or average determination stats - will this massively impact their ability to mentor? I have set up a few mentoring groups and notices that a couple of my young players determination stats have dropped already.

23 minutes ago, FulhamFc14 said:

The senior/influential players in my squad generally have good mental stats, however, I noticed that a lot of them have low or average determination stats - will this massively impact their ability to mentor? I have set up a few mentoring groups and notices that a couple of my young players determination stats have dropped already.

It won't impact their ability to mentor, that IS their ability to mentor.

If you put senior players with a high level of influence in mentoring groups with young players that have a weak level of influence, they will affect the young players' personality and determination level.

This is why so many FM players put an emphasis on signing players with good personalities and high levels of determination.

1 hour ago, rockpie said:

It won't impact their ability to mentor, that IS their ability to mentor.

If you put senior players with a high level of influence in mentoring groups with young players that have a weak level of influence, they will affect the young players' personality and determination level.

This is why so many FM players put an emphasis on signing players with good personalities and high levels of determination.

Thanks. If my influential players have low determination is it better to avoid mentoring completely for now? 

You could risk that the younger players determination drop, if you mentor them with players that have lower determination than themselves.

2 minutes ago, FulhamFc14 said:

If my influential players have low determination is it better to avoid mentoring completely for now? 

For the most part, yes.

There might still be cases where a young player has a REALLY bad personality and some mentoring might still be good for him in the long run, but as a rule of thumb I would avoid it for now.