Player refusal to acknowledge singular poor performances

I have noticed that when criticising players last games, they almost never accept the criticism. I am talking about performances as poor as 5.8 and players telling me I need to get my eyes tested when I criticise them for it.

The game has lots of broken things some of the problems found in 2014 still is in 2020 and over time they keep adding more and they never seem to take anything that isn't insanely game breaking seriously enough to bother investing in fixing it.

You just have to stop buying the game or find out something is broken and stop doing it.

I've reported that B club's is broken for years and it's still broken and now the new 2020 features related to B clubs is broken too.

(B Clubs put up adverts for staff, but doesn't hire any, my B club has an open slot for Technical Director, but when I try to contract a new one, I can't select B Club TD as job and on and on and on and on. The B club has a SINGLE DL player, no one else for the position and it told me to sell the player.... If you start in a club with a B team it doesn't select the league the B team plays, so you just have all the B team players have magic 100% match sharpness, but doesn't play any matches. The B team has the arranges friendlies but no selection box to pick weekly or the other options. I'm sure I've heard of Messi recovering from Injury and playing for the B team, but no Senior player is selected when I tell them to play, even better when the selection comes up, the drop down menu contain Select For Sensior, not B team. Not tested if this actually work's on B teams players, but I think they tried to add QoL here where I can go and right click a B team player and make him unavailable for the B team. Problems is it breaks because it give me the B team player popup, but it's on a senior player. If you make u19 player available for B or B player available for u19 it doesn't work. This really ruins trying to move a hot u19 player to B team and let them be ready for u19 Champions Cup or playing time if he has trouble breaking into the B team.)

Edited by Miravlix

5 hours ago, Miravlix said:

The game has lots of broken things some of the problems found in 2014 still is in 2020 and over time they keep adding more and they never seem to take anything that isn't insanely game breaking seriously enough to bother investing in fixing it.

The Op's problem doesnt mean the game is broken.

I think there are players that will never accept they have played bad, or trained bad. There's a reason the players have individual personalities and attributes like, professionalism, sportmanship, controversy etc.

Last year I signed Balotelli, not once did he ever train well (lazy), criticised him a lot, he always disagreed with what I said whil the other players responded positively for the most part. I ended up transfer listing him

In FM18 and before, players knew when their last game was very poor - i.e. a 5.8 as OP states. After finishing the match and passing at least one continue for the code to register, the player would acknowledge criticism and accept it was wrong in a private discussion. Bad personalities, respect for the manager, all affect your interaction with players in the game quite obviously but this is beyond that as it will happen with any player. Even with top personalities.

In FM19 something was broken - the player often (but not always) doesn't 'know' about his last game so you end up in a situation where he cannot give the appropriate response to your criticism. This affects everything you might want to criticise such as passing, mistakes etc. Manager and player aren't referencing the same stat so the broken response occurs. It's still happening.

This forum is a battleground between players who micro-manage the game and notice the sheer amount of little bugs, and the carefree who can dismiss anything that happens in their game as a quirk using logic they convinced themselves of. I wish I was the latter I really do. Remark that something is broken on here and you'll get jumped on by assumptions - 'this guy doesn't know about player personalities', 'this guy doesn't understand the game' etc. There's a blatantly broken part of post-game criticism interaction right now and OP probably ran into it. But it's more romantic to just put it down to the player being a Balotelli and tell OP he's wrong. Frustrating.

7 minutes ago, amberhelix said:

This forum is a battleground between players who micro-manage the game and notice the sheer amount of little bugs, and the carefree who can dismiss anything that happens in their game as a quirk using logic they convinced themselves of. I wish I was the latter I really do. Remark that something is broken on here and you'll get jumped on by assumptions - 'this guy doesn't know about player personalities', 'this guy doesn't understand the game' etc. There's a blatantly broken part of post-game criticism interaction right now and OP probably ran into it. But it's more romantic to just put it down to the player being a Balotelli and tell OP he's wrong. Frustrating.

I gave reasons as to why a player would react that way. If the OP is a respected manager and the player does have a good personality (with low controversy etc) then it's a bug. We don't know either way.

Even so, if it's a suspected bug, the best thing to do is report it with a save game from just before the incident. SI can then check it out, including the code under the hood.