Sports Interactive Community
davidjai

How many hours have you spent on FM in your life?

I used to play FM12,13 handheld and FM17 pc

I spent 2990 hours on FM17 and approximately 1500 hours on the other two...regret a bit now but I was having fun at that time

Edited by davidjai

Too many

jxBECdQ.png

And this is only since Steam... I also have 1000s of hours in earlier FM's and a lot on all kinds of CM's since the early 90's.

Edited by XaW

Around 1000 a year since Steam started counting.... prior to that I think CM0102 was close to 3000hrs

Terrible having to toss between this, World of Warships, a child, the missus and a whole loada box sets and various total war titles over the decades.... but I've learned to multitask :D

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Too many

jxBECdQ.png

And this is only since Steam... I also have 1000s of hours in earlier FM's and a lot on all kinds of CM's since the early 90's.

Haha, it's like each year you try to get more hours in than the year before that one!

I have 650+ hours on the last three.

Just now, ScoopDeeDeeWhoop said:

Haha, it's like each year you try to get more hours in than the year before that one!

I have 650+ hours on the last three.

Yeah, but the strange thing is that it doesn't feel like I'm playing more than before... :onmehead:

3 failed relationships later but fm/cm has never let me down 😂😂😂😂 I average about 1600 per version according to steam, my record 36 hours non stop on fm14. 

I have no idea but the wife has a whole spreadsheet dedicated to my hours playing the game :D

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

Just checked my Steam account. Since FM12 (when I stopped buying the discs), I've done 6881 hours.

However, as I've been playing since 92, my grand total will be much much higher. I remember buying CM93 when I was doing my A-Levels (I'm that old). The amount of time I spent playing that game alone, it was a miracle I ever go the grades I needed.

20 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Just checked my Steam account. Since FM12 (when I stopped buying the discs), I've done 6881 hours.

However, as I've been playing since 92, my grand total will be much much higher. I remember buying CM93 when I was doing my A-Levels (I'm that old). The amount of time I spent playing that game alone, it was a miracle I ever go the grades I needed.

I have that and more on FM 12 alone! 

I played from the early days - when it first came out in 92 - I was 12! 28 years later, still going strong.

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I have that and more on FM 12 alone! 

I played from the early days - when it first came out in 92 - I was 12! 28 years later, still going strong.

Wow! I'm impressed. I take it you continued with FM 12 some some years after the release of 13

1 hour ago, Lempicka said:

Wow! I'm impressed. I take it you continued with FM 12 some some years after the release of 13

Still playing it now. Love it

How long have I been playing FM for? Put it this way. I have just offered free agent, Mervyn Day a goalkeeping coach job for my team on my new save.

He's 63 years old. He was my goalkeeper at Leeds United when I first started playing football manager/championship manager on the Amiga in my bedroom many many years ago. You do the math! Ha ha:kriss:

I never played FM until 1999, I think it was. A friend introduced me to the game and I was hooked. I didn't have a PC so had to be content with LMA manager until I decided I had to get a miracle box myself.

If you add up my Steam years it's 0.38 of a year. If you added in the years before that I shudder to think. I would estimate I have spent at least three quarters of a year playing FM/CM. Sounds less of an addiction in years.

FMplaytime_1.thumb.png.56ad7a54110f098a85a3de9f7f00175a.png FMplaytime_2.thumb.png.98b09487bf570b60fd0d97cd8394841e.png

The last two years it looks like I'm out of a lull. FM15 to FM18 were that for me. I put in so many hours on FM13 and FM14 and needed a break. I missed FM15 entirely. Only Cities:Skylines tops FM for me.

Edited by anagain

8 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.951c2f3b310c0fca86dbf7b70b873c85.PNG

Nearly 7000 hours and still not ALL the achievements? Tsk, poor show :lol:

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Nearly 7000 hours and still not ALL the achievements? Tsk, poor show :lol:

Ha true! 

I had done all the Hero achievements - probably pre-steam so it doesn't show up. And I did do the Confederations Winner too... 

The defence ones - I can't manage to keep a clean sheet any game - I'm too attacking! I score about 100 goals a season but concede about 40! 

achievements1.thumb.PNG.6df0c77043987a3f1881c796fddfc98f.PNG

achievements2.thumb.PNG.04bbc34cb3fcbb6c9a78dacd38763429.PNG

This doesn't account for Championship Manager all the way up to Football Manager 11. I used to get the new version every year.

Too many to mention. I have played every version ever created, going back to CM 93 with the angry old man on the front cover. Used to spend whole weekends with my best mate just playing CM. Great days!