Sports Interactive Community
Danielrberry

Constantly crashing on iPad for FM touch 2020 - nearly always just before a match starts - I’d say 75% of the time it just kicks me out and I have to reboot the app and hope for the best - very annoying !

Constantly crashing on iPad for FM touch 2020 - nearly always just before a match starts - I’d say 75% of the time it just kicks me out and I have to reboot the app and hope for the best - very annoying !

Hi,

Sorry you are experiencing issues. Could you please let me know what device you are using and on what iOS version you are operating from? The model number can be found via Settings > General > About > Model. Also, have you updated to the latest version of the game?

Apologies again,

Harrison

Exactly the same here, playing on iPad model MR7G2B/A. Definitely playing on latest game version, if anything I’ve noticed it more since the most recent update.

Other bug I’ve noticed is that game stats for your team only display key passes, goals, assists, distance covered. Changing from goalkeeping to defending to attacking changes nothing.

Edited by Chelski_Blue

Hi @Chelski_Blue,

We haven't been able to reproduce this crash ourselves, is it still occurring frequently for yourself?

Could you let us know what iOS version you are operating on, what version of FMT you are playing (check bottom left of start screen) and which team you are managing?

Thanks again,

Harrison

Hi guys,

Sorry you are still experiencing issues.

This issue is currently under review as we try to find what could be causing it. Please be patient with us as we investigate further.

Apologies again,

Harrison

Mine is constantly crashing during games, this is beyond a joke now. Final penalty in a shoot out in the play off final and it crashes again. 

Mine crashes during a match every other game. Very frustrating, it’s a real good game other than this. I’m using an iPad Air 2. Hopefully a quick fix will be sorted soon. 

I’m still having this problem is beyond a joke paying £20 for a game that doesn’t even work been released over a month and still not sorted it yet can I get refunded???? Rather play 19 again 

I have found a workaround this issue. Just view your Games in "classic" 2D mode works for me. Of course its not a solution on the long Term :-)

For me this Workaround is very pleasant on my iPad mini 3.

Best Regards
Carsten

Hi @Joshbis,

We are looking into this issue and are trying to find what causes this crash to occur.

If you wish to ask for a refund then you can go to Apple directly.

We apologise again for the inconvenience caused. 

Harrison

Not having as big issues as the guys above, but the app does seem to kick you back to the start menu if you flick into another app. Not sure if it is related or not?

Same issue 

I reported this on review and got this response, 

My questions are why is this not properly tested before release and how on would you be expected to screenshot a game crashing!!!

please fix this or refund

( I’m Trying to play on an iPad Air)

Apple App Store  

Dear David,

SEGA responded to your review of

Football Manager 2020 Touch
SEGA

"Hi David, sorry to hear this. Can you please report your issue on our forums, with screenshots if possible, so that our developers can take a closer look? "

Do you want to update your review?

You can also contact the developer.

I’m using the latest version of app - I think it was updated around dec 22nd , incidentally this is much more likely to crash than previous sw version 
latest iOS 

On 23/12/2019 at 14:32, martinwcoop said:

Mine crashes during a match every other game. Very frustrating, it’s a real good game other than this. I’m using an iPad Air 2. Hopefully a quick fix will be sorted soon. 

Can you let us know the model number for your iPad please? Apart from yours this seems to mostly be reported on iPads with low memory, so just want to confirm the exact model.

Mines an iPad Air , A1475 the version I’m on is iOS 12.4.4. I have just under 6 gb of free memory left. I’ve had the last 2 fms on this device and it’s been fine apart from the odd very rare screen freeze. However with Fm20 this freeze is happening even more and not just during a game now.   It surely isn’t the graphic capabilities? If so what’s fundamentally changed from fm19?

appreciate your help on this.

Having the same problem. Have the latest version of FM available in the Apple store. Did not have this issue in previous versions. Apple iPad 6. generation (2018). Model number MR7G2KN/A

keeps crashing when I start the first game after loading the game. After rebooting (the app) it seems to stop crashing, at least not very often. But always before the first match. 

have about 3.5 GB storage left, of 32.

Thanks for the additional info guys, it's a big help with narrowing down the causes of the issue.

@Gujord, would you be able to send us your save file from before the first match which always crashes please? That sounds like it could be a different, specific crash so we'd like to take a look and confirm for sure. Instructions here:

Playing on an iPad mini 2.

the game played fine from the release date but since updates started coming it started freezing during matches and requires closing the app and restarting several times before a match can be complete.

i’m now in fourth season of a save and am stuck on a match which has crashed 5 times in a row in the 90th minute. Very frustrating.

I have the same problem but at different stages of the game. Sometimes my game freezes in the menu, sometimes during a game. 

I’m playing the game on the lates iOS on iPad Pro. 

Here’s an example on graphic errors in the design in the menu. This is relatively new for me on this game, I have played it without issues since it came out. However the last two weeks the game has not been working. 

D69F07EE-3F56-4959-9E9A-7271C7D04438.png

Having the same issue. Have to play games over and over again. Having the same graphics glitches as above also. Happens most at start, half time and end of matches. Only way to continue is to restart app. Having issue for at least two weeks now so would really like a solution. I have experienced these issues with old saves as well as a brand new save I started on Monday as a test.

This has started happening to me after the latest update. Game crashed on 3D mode nearly every match now. Works on 2D, although that isn’t ideal. I hadn’t had this issue until the latest update and now it is nearly every match I play. Any fix in the works?

On 10/01/2020 at 14:18, Harrison Modeste said:

Hi @RasmusOlsen & @willowen,

Could you both let us know the Model Number of your devices please. 

This can be found via Settings > General > About > Model.

Thanks,

Harrison

Same with me, iPad mini 2

Just now, Dixie9 said:

Same with me, iPad mini 2

And Harrison I’m in my 2nd season with no problems, working very well... the problems started around 3-4 weeks ago... Now freezes and crashes after kick-off... hope solution is fast...

On 06/01/2020 at 20:13, Ally9 said:

Playing on an iPad mini 2.

the game played fine from the release date but since updates started coming it started freezing during matches and requires closing the app and restarting several times before a match can be complete.

i’m now in fourth season of a save and am stuck on a match which has crashed 5 times in a row in the 90th minute. Very frustrating.

Exactly the same as me but only 1 season... Very annoying... hopefully this will change soon...

On 06/01/2020 at 12:47, Gujord said:

Having the same problem. Have the latest version of FM available in the Apple store. Did not have this issue in previous versions. Apple iPad 6. generation (2018). Model number MR7G2KN/A

keeps crashing when I start the first game after loading the game. After rebooting (the app) it seems to stop crashing, at least not very often. But always before the first match. 

have about 3.5 GB storage left, of 32.

The problem stopped when I made some more space on the iPad. Deleted some apps, so I now have 7-8 GB free space

If the issue is down to space (I have 6gb free for a 16gb tablet) then it needs addressing surely? I shouldn’t have to upgrade my perfectly capable apple tablet in order to play this game.  6gb free space is more than sufficient.

This started to happen to me too.  Everything run smoothly this far, but just before the last match of my third season game started to crash. Happens every single time I load the career, I can’t get to match at all.

IPad Pro 11”, iPadOS 13.3, free disk space 32 of 64 Gb. Fm touch version 20.2.3.

Hi @kiuruja,

Sorry you are experiencing issues. Could you maybe send us a screenshot of the last page before the crash?

Could you also send us a save game file so we can take a closer look please as I think this might be slightly different to the above. Details on how to send us a save game file can be found in the thread below:

Let us know the name of the file once it has been sent.

Thanks in advance,

Harrison