Sports Interactive Community

Summary: Match engine stutters in 3D, not tried 2D. Happens every match,

Description of Issue: The FPS changes and varies from 30-57 even if I lower settings.
I have a 9900K, 1070 GTX, 32 GB ram, 970 pro ssd, FM 19 works fine, and so do other games I play. Have a laptop with a 7700hq, 1070, 16GB ram, ssd, and it too has the same issues.
Attaching a dxdiag if it helps.
Also added pkm and match highlights I recorded, but upon reviewing the highlights it plays smoothly :-(
Match highlights: peterfernandezArsenal 2-1 Man Utd - Match Highlights.ogv uploaded to sicloud

Let me know what else you need?

Steps to Reproduce: Play a match in 3D

DxDiag.txt

peterfernandezArsenal v Man Utd.pkm

Edited by peter_fernandez

So, interestingly, after I tried to record the match highlights via the Win-G key shortcut to show FPS etc, and doing nothing else besides recording the match, the match engine no longer stutters! Not sure why or what changed, but it works now, without any other changes to the system or settings. Very weird, as I previously used the WIN-G shortcut to check framerates, but didn't record it before. The moment I did, everything seems to be fine after. Solid, steady framerates of 56-57 frames, not stutter discernible.

9 hours ago, matty11207 said:

sorry silly question but how do i add my dxdiag to my current lag forum? 

There's an option to attach files. In dxdiag there's an option to save or export the readout, then you can attach that to the post.

I have this issue as well with a 9700K and RTX 2080. Can run most games in ultra settings and get 80+ but FM20 seems to be really jumpy and float between 30-50FPS.

Here is my tips (i have now smooth ME) :

1. Use Material Skin Skin

2.  Nividia Control Panel

*-Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
*-Threaded optimization - ON
*-Triple buffering - Off
*- Vertical Sync - Fast

3. In the match settings 

* Shadows - Off

* (only if still lag) - Crowd quality - Low

I have tried numerous settings and can't get the lag / stuttering to stop. It is terrible to think that this has happened now for three years in a row. Always the same issue, always with NVIDIA graphics cards. Why can't they test this before BETA release, why can't they work with NVIDIA to rectify this issue before release. Every year it is so frustrating to be told that it is our system that is the problem, we have to change settings to run their match engine. It is not our systems that is the issue. I run some very taxing games on my system from different companies with way more going on than Football manager and not one hitch, not one stutter or lag. Considering that NVIDIA is one of the most widely used graphics cards then why can't they fix this issue before release.

I have been loyal to Championship manager and football manager since its release. Buying every year without issue. But this constant trek of having to send files and DX logs and trying all different control panel set ups every year is really starting to wear me down on the game. I am back playing the smooth running FM2019 that is took about two months for them to rectify last year. I refuse to play this new one and will not be buying anymore until they get their act together and sort the issue out. I always watch my matches and having them stutter about like 20 year old CCTV footage is pathetic in this day and age.

Well said that man !! It's a disgrace that yet again we've been subjected to lagging graphics. Who the hell are they employing as programmers/software engineers ?? Also I simply don't believe that this issue was not seen and therefore corrected at the development/beta stage. Si deny this is an issue, yet the majority of complaints in the ME bugs forum is about the lag !  No surprise then to see they are looking to employ software engineers because frankly the ones they currently use are amateurs !! Many FM users are tolerant because they love the game so much but if this was a piece of business software Si would have been laughed out of existence !

Edited by bartdude

You have to laugh, they have posted that they have issued an update through steam. This update has made FM2020 the best they have ever done. Fix the NVIDIA 3d match graphics and then you might have a chance of that...….

2 часа назад, thomas.rae@hotmail.com сказал:

You have to laugh, they have posted that they have issued an update through steam. This update has made FM2020 the best they have ever done. Fix the NVIDIA 3d match graphics and then you might have a chance of that...….

Where is this post and this update? Two weeks already waiting for the miracle

Edited by BrAnD1990

4 hours ago, thomas.rae@hotmail.com said:

Its not just with nvidia, present on amd aswell

There's nothing on Steam regarding an update !! Where exactly did you get that information from ??

Edited by bartdude

I have been suffering the same stutter and lag with gtx2080 and I9 processor which is a little disappointing.However I read elsewhere that SI have pinpointed the problem as skin issue.This I believe as I tried the material skin as suggested and put all my in game settings to very high which is something that has not been possible up to now.On this material skin the match was absolutely flawless.I just don't get it.For me I prefer the default game skins as third party skins are usually designed for 1080 res and don't look too good on 2k,

3 часа назад, meenie сказал:

I have been suffering the same stutter and lag with gtx2080 and I9 processor which is a little disappointing.However I read elsewhere that SI have pinpointed the problem as skin issue.This I believe as I tried the material skin as suggested and put all my in game settings to very high which is something that has not been possible up to now.On this material skin the match was absolutely flawless.I just don't get it.For me I prefer the default game skins as third party skins are usually designed for 1080 res and don't look too good on 2k,

It's for these users was determined, now it was only to improve their own skins, but they do have two weeks although can not insult and do not respect their pokupatelem. At least apologize..

On 30/11/2019 at 07:53, meenie said:

I do not get the choice to change skin to material? Can you tell me where to find that as the only options for skin I have are Football manager, football manager dark and football manager light. No other options available. I have checked the whole preferences menu and don't see any further options to change to material skin. Cheers

Most people are reporting that the lag issue is fixed for them in the latest update. Have you tried that?

Here's something I'd like to know ... 

Is it possible that the lag is somehow dependent on your internet speed? 

Now, I live in one of those areas where there is no superfast broadband, so I am stuck with a lousy 5mb ... 

And I find that the more I'm doing in the background - streaming etc - the worse the lag gets.

Playing the game in offline mode resolves this entirely.

Has anyone looked into that prospect? 

22 hours ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Here's something I'd like to know ... 

Is it possible that the lag is somehow dependent on your internet speed? 

Now, I live in one of those areas where there is no superfast broadband, so I am stuck with a lousy 5mb ... 

And I find that the more I'm doing in the background - streaming etc - the worse the lag gets.

Playing the game in offline mode resolves this entirely.

Has anyone looked into that prospect? 

Had the same issue for last two FM's before this and my internet not any different. They found the issue and patched it, problem sorted, so no don't think internet anything to do with it, im on 1gb fibre so no issues with speed.

On 04/12/2019 at 20:02, Jack Joyce said:

Most people are reporting that the lag issue is fixed for them in the latest update. Have you tried that?

Hi, yeap after I used the Win-G and recorded highlights to upload, it magically became smooth! I'm still not sure what changed as there were literally no other changes made besides that, leading me to believe it's partly (possibly) due to windows 10 resource allocation/focus shift? Very weird either way, never had any issues with any version of FM before, and this is a pretty high spec rig I'm running now.

On 04/12/2019 at 13:02, Jack Joyce said:

yes now 3D i perfect with NO LAG

@Jack Joyce

Hi Jack, thought i'd give you some information that you and the dev team might find useful since you are continuing to investigate this issue.

My Initial issues prior to latest patch:

Suffered from lag even with the Material Skin whereas other users had success with the skin alone.  Suffered lag with all graphics settings.

After the latest patch:

lag completely disappeared even on Very high graphics settings.  Skin in use - Material skin

Extra information:

Tonight I have gone back to the default skin (with the latest patch).  Result - lag.

Conclusion:

What has fixed the lag for me is both the latest patch AND the material skin.

My match engine is also lagging/stuttering too. Tbh the game is unplayable. My graphics card isn't super (although the rating says it's excellent) Nvidia 950 gtx 2mb and it's a reasonably powerful computer. Not had a problem with other versions. The major concern is that on low graphics it seems to lag and for some reason even in the 2d classic mode too so I don't think the issue is resolution or match engine settings. I actually think there is something awry in the game itself!