Sports Interactive Community

Summary: Players, especially wingers and wing backs, are often brought into crossing positions but won't give them for no apparent reason

Description of Issue: (Wide) players won't give any, or very few, crosses into the box. Even when there are 3-4 of our own players in the box, the ball is not coming. Instead, the player passes back or dribbles across the touchline. Only when crossing TI's & PI's are all activated, will we see crosses and chances from them. This mainly goes for wide players such as wingers, IF's, and wing-backs. But also players who roam from their position and find themselves in a crossing opportunity will not or rarely cross. I am aware that roles such as IF are not encouraged to cross, but I didn't change anything in my approach in roles compared to previous editions of the game where crossing wasn't a problem. On top of that, crossing has always been a huge part of my tactics and this is the first year that I encounter this issue.

Steps to Reproduce: Watch the saved matches uploaded to OwnCloud. One with extra crossing PI's and TI's on, one without, hence the title of the matches.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Two PKM's (KAS Eupen v KRC Genk no crosses TI & PI.pkm and KAS Eupen v KRC Genk.pkm) and one save game (KRC Genk.fm). EDIT: uploaded the PKM's here as well.

In the PKM's: I left out the situations where crosses weren't given when it corresponds even remotely with my tactics.

In the match without crosses TI & PI:

00:20: Maehle is played out on the right side. Goes for an unrealistic shot instead of a cross. Blocked.
02:00: Bongonda finds Uronen on the left side in a crossing position. No cross.
02:20: Heynen finds Uronen on the left side in a crossing position. No cross.
02:40: A throw-in eventually makes its way to Nygren who is in a crossing position. No cross.
10:57: Heynen plays to Uronen on the left side in a crossing position. No cross.
26:20: Nygren makes his way down the right flank. Three players joined on the break and made their way to the box, as told by the tactic and their roles. No cross.
28:15: Mæhle is played out on the right side in crossing positions several times. No crosses.
37:20: Mæhle is played out on the right side in a crossing position. Instead, plays a back pass of 40 meters towards the defence.
40:45: Mæhle is liberated on the right side in a crossing position. No cross.
41:14: Mæhle dribbles himself to a crossing position. No cross.
44:30: Nygren plays out Mæhle on the right side in a crossing position. No cross, keeps dwelling on the ball and is fouled.
55:45: Uronen is played out on the left in a crossing position. No cross.
60:00: Hagi gets the ball on the edge of the box after a deflected free kick. The majority of players are in the box. He keeps dribbling and shoots from an impossible angle when he's on the touchline.
73:10: Mæhle in a crossing position on the right. No cross.
90:45: Mæhle in a crossing position on the right. No cross.

And these are only the obvious ones. I've played this team in every version for the past five years and my tactical approach has never been different. I know when they should cross and when not so please don't come and blame it on 'Play for set pieces' or 'Work ball into the box'.

The other match has all crossing TI's and PI's maxed out, and only then am I seeing more normal crossing behaviour.

I will not list up anything from that match since I didn't pay 45 euros to waste my free time in the evening on listing when and if a blue dot crosses or not.

KAS Eupen v KRC Genk.pkmKAS Eupen v KRC Genk no crosses TI & PI.pkm

Edited by TOMetz

I am having this issue too, virtually means we have to create a tactic with no wingers

8 minutes ago, jden86 said:

I am having this issue too, virtually means we have to create a tactic with no wingers

Try what I did: play one or two matches; one match with your regular tactic, and one match with all of the Team Instructions and Personal Instructions regarding to crossing enabled (TI: Cross early, working ball into box unticked. PI: cross more, cross early). When the game is done and you're still in the dressing room, click the 'Save Game' in the top right corner. Do this for both games. Give them each a name and upload them here. Don't worry about the result, you don't have to save your career after doing this. At least I didn't.

Sadly that's all we can do to offer SI some info.

I understand making a video game is a process and it is never finished upon release. But this issue combined with the 1v1 bug is a real gamebreaker this year.

Edited by TOMetz

I'd love to upload but this website in all its wisdom keeps coming up with a message stating I can only upload 9.7mb and therefore won't let me upload a save. I've had this issue with every game I've started I can't understand how the "crossing" issue is not raging everywhere.

Just now, jden86 said:

I'd love to upload but this website in all its wisdom keeps coming up with a message stating I can only upload 9.7mb and therefore won't let me upload a save. I've had this issue with every game I've started I can't understand how the "crossing" issue is not raging everywhere.

Have a look at the pinned topic. SI need PKMs, not saves.

1 minute ago, jden86 said:

Saves are big files whereas PKM's are small. I always upload a save through OneCloud (find the link in the topic below) and mention it in my post.

5 minutes ago, TOMetz said:

Saves are big files whereas PKM's are small. I always upload a save through OneCloud (find the link in the topic below) and mention it in my post.

All good, worked out how to do PKM's

Just now, jden86 said:

I wrote it in the Crossing Disaster topic you created. Give it a try and upload it here so all PKM's are centralised. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, jden86 said:

Sorry, meant this topic. Third post is how I do it.

@TOMetz and @jden86 as well as the PKM, the times need to be noted where the reported issue(s) occur.

16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

@TOMetz and @jden86 as well as the PKM, the times need to be noted where the reported issue(s) occur.

Dortmund Game - half of these are questionable when judged on there own, some could be put down as player decision or player error but when its game after game it becomes noticeable, this particular game didn't have as many clear cut ones, the best example is the last play of the game.

18:10, 18:40, 27:50, 45:10, 52:20, 56:25, 76:00, 86:20 (maybe not), 88:20 & 92:50

I wasn't really prepared for posting this, if I play over next 24hrs I will keep a better log and post again.

There, all match events have been added in the first post. 

I've complied to every demand required to post a bug by now. Would be nice to hear at least something from someone at SI.

Thank you.

Edited by TOMetz

Thanks for the detailed examples. 

We are currently working to make the crossing better balanced.

The issues from your PKM all seem to be similar to what we've seen and reported ourselves so hopefully we can get a fix out as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, CJ Ramson said:

The issues from your PKM all seem to be similar to what we've seen and reported ourselves so hopefully we can get a fix out as soon as possible.

Fantastic news. Thank you!

14 hours ago, CJ Ramson said:

Thanks for the reply, hopefully SI are able to manage a fix along with the 1 on 1 issue that still seems to be around.

On 28/11/2019 at 20:14, CJ Ramson said:

This was over six months ago, and as far as I can see is still not fixed. What's happening SI?

8 hours ago, philw said:

This was over six months ago, and as far as I can see is still not fixed. What's happening SI?