FM20: Leeds Utd - On the way up!!!

Davidcc

I’m in 2023 on the new update and my squad is so strong. 

GK- Donnarumma (Free)

RB- Neco Williams (18 crossing and passing)

CB- De Ligt!!

CB- Kenneh 

LB- Telles

CM- Tonali (Free)

CM- Bellingham

AML- Pedri

AMC- Foden

AMR- Trincao

ST- Greenwood

Best subs include- Sergio Gomez, Jorginho, Cherki, Fabio Silva, Reyna

All players were purchased with the very minimum upfront payments. I also sold Bogusz (£60m) Phillips (£40m) Almada (£74m) J. David (£43m) Ponceu (£50m) 

Top tip- Put an offer in for De Ligt on 1/9/2022. Costs a hefty ~£104m though, don’t scout him before/add to shortlist or Juve will offer him a new contract 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while, greetings from an old friend.

It's good to see the thread still active here. My days of finding dual nationality South Americans in the game are now just a memory, but it's good to read that Welshace has continued to dig up a few gems. 

I've not posted here in many a year, but I've continued with the game. Back this year and, yes like old times, I've sold everyone that can be sold. Raising £60m+ and then blowing the lot on young prospects, a few quality players (Robertone, Gouri, Vagnoman) and some go to players of recent years (Pelayo Morilla, Mathias Olivera, Nicola Armini). 

I'll post on any player thoughts as I progress through the game. 

On 13/03/2020 at 09:44, Mardy said:

On the new update I have created a crazy team by the first winter window! Jan 2020 this is how my line up looks

Average age of starting outfield players=17.8!!

All players were purchased with minimum upfront payment then the remainder spread payments over 3 years

907921400_ScreenShot2020-03-13at15_40_38.thumb.png.1a12b35d04b0a82f5b12054ee23a3f65.png

I know this is an older post but how on earth did you manage to get Vinicius in your first season as Leeds? That's crazy.

2 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

I know this is an older post but how on earth did you manage to get Vinicius in your first season as Leeds? That's crazy.

He got transfer listed for around £32m mate! Pretty sure I sold him within a year to somewhere in China too 

10 hours ago, Mardy said:

He got transfer listed for around £32m mate! Pretty sure I sold him within a year to somewhere in China too 

I'm just in to mid September 2019 and he's on the cusp of being transfer listed in my save too, 'asked to leave' (has been unfairly treated too many times by his manager). I doubt that I've got the transfer and wage budget though.

started a new save today and hope a good long term save.I want to understand and play lıke bielsa or maybe make ıt better.ı have two tactics first gegenpress with minor tweaks other one is bielsa 3133 not quıte but at the pitch ıt looks good and ı get what ı want

image.thumb.png.bd8e6a233c625aa5ef4531a7d3095625.png

image.thumb.png.a8895405b9e89397733dfb5e4ccf68f5.pngimage.thumb.png.14880c9f2728d9e5ce3c00df8899068b.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 13:30, Heredane said:

Guys, 

how to keep Nohan Kenneh in the club? As soon as I start Newcastle offers him contract that he always accepts and immediately goes there.. 

is there any hint how to prevent it? 

Happened to me as well. Personally I let it go and concentrated on ensuring the likes of Edmunson, Bogarv etc all had a decent few years on their contracts before sending them out for loan experience

I managed to keep Kenneh at Leeds in my latest save based on latest database

I tried to offer him a new contract on day 1. He is very highly rated in my game and he refused to discuss terms. I immediately put him into the first team squad

On day 2 or 3, Newcastle came in with a transfer offer for him of about £1.5m with add ons. I negotiated this upwards a lot to about £10m plus big add ons totalling about £17m and 50% of future price. Newcastle promptly pulled out of the deal which was my intention all along. NB they did not just offer him a contract but made a proper transfer offer. I am wondering whether this was because I had put him in the first team squad and not left him in the U18s. At the time there were approx 12 EPL teams appearing in his wanted list.

Following the Newcastle pull out I have had no other offers from any other team. After the transfer deadline in early August 2020 he was willing to discuss terms and I managed to get him to agree to a contract of some £5k per week rising with appearances etc. This contract to kick in in Jan 2021 when he is 17. I am now in Sept 2020 and I am putting him in U18 and U21 teams to get games. He has not yet played for the first team. The list of teams wanting him is now 18 of the 20 EPL teams!!! I am waiting with interest to see what happens in the Jan 2021 transfer window

I would be interested to hear if this works for anyone else 

• 2 months later...

I am starting a new save with Leeds and I have downloaded a few tactics trying to replicate how Leeds play in real life. I am looking forward to this Leeds save. I want to try play some of the youth players as well like Kenneh, McCalmont etc.

Has anyone else started a new save with Leeds with a new data update so they are in the Prem?

How are you getting on with Leeds in the Prem?

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

Leeds Season 1 Review

My first season at Leeds had ups and downs but I ended up finishing 10th in the league which was above what the board expected so I am chuffed. 

image.thumb.png.d343c60e6f6b7ba90e49fff9878af6ac.png

I did ok in the cups as well. I reached up to the Quarter Final of the Carabo Cup and the 5th round of the FA Cup.

image.thumb.png.f1647a15f92a2a4d4af6544f37ad8d46.png

My standout players were Rodrigo who was our topscorer with 18 goals. He had a good first season back in England and led the line well.

image.thumb.png.0a369204094b7ed282430072db05d6d0.png

My other standout player was local lad Kalvin Philips who was my rock in midfield and also got 3 goals and 5 assists. I am trying to tie him up to a new contract but he doesn't want to sign a new contract until the Euro's are over. He is valued at £30 million so worse case scenario I will make a lot of money off him and replace him with either Kenneh or McCalmont.

image.thumb.png.59efae643bcde79d698d4baab9a7808b.png

Pablo Hernandez the wiley old Spanish wizard reversed time with his great performances you just wouldn't expect from a 35 year old.  He really was amazing as a Shadow Striker just behind Rodrigo.

image.thumb.png.c881ff7eb031910f66ecda5206875097.png

Robin Kock was brilliant in defence and was my 2nd top scorer for the club with 9 goals which is amazing as he is a central defender.  He formed a very good partnership with new signing Kehrer.

image.thumb.png.95bf524fa4db890d69e9768d9fa802f5.png

Tyler Roberts only played 9 games and made 16 sub appearances but got 6 goals and he has a good future at Leeds. 

image.thumb.png.56cd02871455771a07a943436f3bb1c3.png

I used this tactic to start off with and it worked well enough but then form dipped and I swapped tactics.

Tactics 1st Half Of The Season

image.thumb.png.fb3680a6f83b7412899836b226f5baf5.png

Tactic 2nd Half Of The Season

image.thumb.png.af8379a8a69c15967f451b44a1a34b9c.png

The future is bright at Leeds with Philips, Roberts, Kenneh, McCalmont, Leif Davis but I have also got Thiago Almada, Xavi Sintes, Ronan Darcy and Jonathan Calleri coming in the Summer.

Almada

image.thumb.png.5b3c8cb3dc863c0a8e52ab83f509fe8d.png

Sintes

image.thumb.png.dde39f44b189f937bda87717a3b807b4.png

Darcy

image.thumb.png.5d01a6f29fc73f787ce137523f8ffac7.png

Calleri

image.thumb.png.b62c57cf149aaef444850d6a970e00f7.png

Looking forward to getting season 2 started. I will post in here once the transfer window closes with any other moves I make.

Season 2 Review

Competitions

So I managed to get 4th place finish in the league which is amazing but I am annoyed as I don't get Champions League football for some reason. I think it has to do with Man Utd winning the Champions League against Liverpool in the final and Spurs winning the Europa League. I am still ecstactic  but I was really hoping to bring back Champions League football for Leeds.

image.thumb.png.e82acce5aa0f62b49d8a1846c1618369.png

I managed to get Leeds to the Carabo cup final but we lost to Chelsea 1-0 in the final. I got knocked out by Man Utd in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

image.thumb.png.72067c3d7c92a6e5debd61da4341a18c.png

Summer & January Transfer Window

Transfers In

My best transfer in the Summer window was Thiago Almada who absolutely amazing for me. The New Messi for sure. 

13 goals and 8 assists. Only 20 years old as well. I am looking forward to seeing how far he will go at Leeds.

Thiago Almada - £7m from Velez

image.thumb.png.a48e1ef2aaf51b98721d32dd1dbf46cd.png

Another good signing for me was David Brooks. He fit my criteria of being young and British. He got 2 goals and 3 assists in 19 games. I do think he has potential to become better. 

David Brooks - £29m from Bournemouth

image.thumb.png.c18afca7e5f59d371b68f9713fe9a9f0.png

Adding to the attacking force I had I bought in Rodrigo De Paul who has been up there with Almada as driving force in midfield for me. He has scored 7 goals and got 6 assists. 27 years so hitting his prime years now. 

Rodrigo De Paul - £38.5m from Udinese

image.thumb.png.51c7f82c9241296d9d1b4b7c3d34433a.png

I needed a good left back so I found this guy I never heard of before from Norway called Fredrik Andre Bjorkan who has been really solid and got us 9 assists as well. 

Fredrik Andre Bjorkan £2.5m from Bodo/Glimt

image.thumb.png.1fa7bc015233b23d5e0c5ab59aeae627.png

I needed a new GK so I signed Wulker Farinez who has been very solid and got 17 clean sheets and broke a previous clean sheet record. He has been a big reason for my top 4 finish in the league.

Wulker Farinez - £3.5m from Millionarios

image.thumb.png.bfd0fa04b4bca4f374625710f72f58ef.png

Next up was forgotton man who I bought from Chelsea. His name is Davide Zappacosta who has been really good and made right back his own. I originally took him on loan but made the deal permanent in January. He has got 6 goals and 5 assists which is pretty good as he plays as right back.

Davide Zappacosta - £12.5m from Chelsea

image.thumb.png.32498d375e40585225022f44eeeaeb51.png

Final signing in the summer was Benoit Badiashile. A very promising young centre back from Monaco. I know what he is capable of from my previous save as Monaco. He only played a few games mostly in the cups but he is capable of stepping up soon.

Benoit Badiashile - £7.5m from Monaco

image.thumb.png.27f20893487993b355efa75a31c68933.png

Talking of promising central defenders I managed to get a bargain in Tosin Adarabioyo. I signed him for a bargain price of £1m from Man City in January. He has amazing potential and played a few games for me and done well when called upon. The future is bright in defence for Leeds with Adarabiayo and Badiashile.

Tosin Adarabiayo - £1m from Man City

image.thumb.png.b9a31b2121abcd84cfbc914dcca6df8c.png

Transfers Out

Dominique Heintz - £16.5m - Leicester

Mateusz Klich - £10m - Wuhan

Kiko Casilla - £8.5m - Real Socidad

Motjeka Madisha - £2.5m - Atlas

Anthony Raiston - £2.2m - Blackburn

Pablo Hernandez - £1.7m - Al-Wahda

Cody Drameh - £1.3m - Norwich

I also some some young prospect regens for a few million and clauses on top.

Best Players Not Already Mentioned Above

Rodrigo was amazing again. He got 25 goals this season and 5 assists. Real Madrid are after him but it would take a massive fee to pull him away from Leeds even if he is 30 years old.

Rodrigo

image.thumb.png.c382af03747bac149d1516edde86c14a.png

Kalvin Philips was awesome again, the hometown boy done good again. 10 assists which was a draw with Helder Costa for the most assists of the season. He nearly beat Rodrigo De Paul for the best average rating as well.

Kalvin Philips

image.thumb.png.0a73b260462ebe9c1ebfa2859ab129d1.png

As I said before Helder Costa got 10 assists, joint most assists for the club for the season with Philips but Costa also got 12 goals as well. also had a very good average rating. 

Helder Costa

image.thumb.png.575c4efeacf0e39ed92c306b0e0951ef.png

Lastly is Micheal Olise who I know very well from a Reading save I done recently and Olise stepped up with 7 goals in 29 games in his first season at Leeds. He is only 19 years old and will be one of the players I build my team around.

image.thumb.png.397ab255ae2b789b7182780a9ff89149.png

Lets hope I can get Champions League football this season coming up lol.

24 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Well done that's a solid season and some great transfers. They are after De Paul IRL too actually.

Cheers mate. Yeah I signed him mostly cos of the fact they are after him in real life to try make it as realistic as possible.

Did you see the fact I got 4th place and didn't get Champions League football lol.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers mate. Yeah I signed him mostly cos of the fact they are after him in real life to try make it as realistic as possible.

Did you see the fact I got 4th place and didn't get Champions League football lol.

I saw that, just bad luck! But maybe you can give it a real go to win the Europa League next season.

• 4 weeks later...

Shame to see this thread so quiet this year @Coen@Nicko Blaggo@Welshace@GeesusChrist where art thou?

Anyhow, having basically go bored after a few 4-5 season saves buying up all the usual suspects (Almada, Bellingham, Haaland, Onguene, Aarons etc) decided to have a bit of a different challenge for the next month or so buy doing a DOF challenge.

So the mighty Victor Orta is solely in charge of transfers, and I'll do my best to challenge with what he gives me...

First season summer window has closed and he brought in...

Cameron Coxe - 80k - Went straight into the reserves and out on loan, but could be solid in the future

image.thumb.png.7b155e11fa17ee348dcbca11bb98adc6.png

Luis Perez - 500k - Never heard of him but looks ok, he won't play much as I will re-train Shackleton to be my RWB, but not bad.

image.thumb.png.9c1976140a539d7a180fca4953c912cb.png

Oliver Skipp - Loan - Never had him (and he won't get much game time as if Kalvin get's injured I'll play Struijk), but can see why he thought he would be useful

image.thumb.png.8ef344e0cdd57c21a2ebe6a3bedb22ff.png

Will see what January brings...

Hey @macca72, yeah its a quiet one, i've been lurking this year, been super busy this year and haven't had much time to play, and honestly, didn't get one very well with fm20 so didn't have the inclination to play either.. 

But i'm fully on board for fm21, it looks super promising this year, so i'll be around :)  ..

Love your idea to let Orta bring in the players, bit of a challenge and will be interesting to see which direction he goes if you can get them into some money. Good luck mate!

35 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Hey @macca72, yeah its a quiet one, i've been lurking this year, been super busy this year and haven't had much time to play, and honestly, didn't get one very well with fm20 so didn't have the inclination to play either.. 

But i'm fully on board for fm21, it looks super promising this year, so i'll be around :)  ..

Love your idea to let Orta bring in the players, bit of a challenge and will be interesting to see which direction he goes if you can get them into some money. Good luck mate!

Leeds will be my first save on FM2021. I will also be leaving Orta to bring in the players as that is what happens in real life.

5 hours ago, Welshace said:

Cheers, yeah I sense there's a few people who haven't got on with it.  Took me a while and a couple of long breaks to work something out.

FM21 will be a lot of fun, especially if @Seb Wassell gives the academy a nice boost and we have Gelhardt and Greenwood to look forward to ;)

Edited by macca72

So in the January window, Victor gave to me...

Bradaric - Loan - a loan left back.  Looks fairly decent and will back-up for Douglas.

image.thumb.png.211c0ea35f9b4467fbeb7afc40eb0dfc.png

Sylvester Jasper - 180k - Signing for the U23's, don't see him ever playing a game

image.thumb.png.6eb3b31c0e9d3cb3883f713d74c23ab1.png

We also had 2 players turn down his contract offers...

Zarfino - Wouldn't have minded him actually, can play wide or through the centre

image.thumb.png.62f6f815b3aef2f92f0acbe52924eb52.png

Garrido - Odd one this one, he was signing him to be a regular starter in my Half Back role, which is worrying given this is Kalvins position, so glad he turned us down.  He was going to pay £3.7m for him as well.

image.thumb.png.b149a2da4f7b63ae479da78ef6d7d671.png 

Nothing really exciting for Jan, the league will be won easily I think, so next stop his signings for the Premier League.

It's actually quite fun this, although I could see a load of suggestions (and have a load of questions about how it works now) for how to improve it, but i'm enjoying not doing my normal fretting over every transfer deal.

I've also decided to have veto on outgoing transfers by using the unwanted list, feels more realistic in terms of the relationship he has with Bielsa, plus I don't want him doing anything stupid like selling Phillips / Kenneh / Bogusz etc...

Edited by macca72

So, still 20 days of the window left, however Victor has been busy.  I sold Shackleton a couple of days ago for £46.5m to Burnley, so he hasn't had chance to spend it yet, for the sake of this experiment (I wouldn't have sold him otherwise).

I would have said at the end of last season my priorities would have been:

- CB (to replace White) 

- RM (to help Pablo)

- LB (to replace Douglas)

- CM (for experience / depth)

- ST (to be better than Bamford) 

So far I've got...

image.png.d2b0fd2296b761cfa95dd9c3e4b8bdb4.png

Badia and Gunn - 2 keepers which I'm pleased with. If I'm being picky I would've triggered the £3.4m clause in Mesliers loan contract but the added experience of Badia is good.

White - Very good, albeit I wouldn't have paid £23m when there are better, cheaper options out there, but it's Ben White so Bueno.

Pellegrini - Very nice young loan LB

Dembele - A cracker, very impressed with this one and for that money is insanely good business

Following the sale of young Jamie I now need a RB, Victor has £40m, 20 days and £316k per week to play with.

Edited by macca72

Rather disappointingly Victor decided I didn't need a striker, but he did replace Shackleton with...

image.thumb.png.2851d51b3cdf8b5c89868aa6e65e0240.png

Widmer - £9.5m - Seems to be a solid choice, heard about him from previous FM versions but never had him I don't think.

We also signed a lad for the U23's

image.thumb.png.8d1dab416655505141b1a8f8fc509f51.png

We had loan bids turned down for Kehrer and Ampadu.  Victor also wanted Mere but he chose Gladbach instead.  I needed a CB backup for White, so am a little light here.

So we still have over £30m in the bank to play with in January, I really hope we can get a new Striker in...

On 22/10/2020 at 09:41, Welshace said:

Hello Macca and Welshace, nice to hear from you. Like Welshace, I've been lurking too. I did post a couple of times in the thread some months back but I haven't really contributed at all in recent years. I'm still FMing but not as much this year. I've found the ME skewed a little, by for example a barely detectable minor individual player gripe which results in the team producing chance upon chance and converting none. I can't buy it, albeit it creates some deja vu of what I've watched on the TV over the past two seasons.. I'll likely as not get the game again this year but I do hanker after the glory days of signing the likes of Hugo and Felipe Mattioni on FM09 for pennies - well nearly. Happy days. Hope you're both keeping well.   

I can understand it, my tactic can have between 30%-70% possession without me doing anything different, I find it impossible to impose any sort of style on the ME or really understand what / if anything is wrong - fragile is the way I would describe it.

My saving grace is I have found something that works that I think produces semi-Bielsa player positioning so have managed to crack on with it - I did take a massive break.

Would be good to see you and a few of the others back around more, it's a shame all the old threads have been archived as we've all been around here so long, it was fun to look back on some of the old games.

Edited by macca72

57 minutes ago, macca72 said:

I can understand it, my tactic can have between 30%-70% possession without me doing anything different, I find it impossible to impose any sort of style on the ME or really understand what / if anything is wrong - fragile is the way I would describe it.

My saving grace is I have found something that works that I think produces semi-Bielsa player positioning so have managed to crack on with it - I did take a massive break.

Would be good to see you and a few of the others back around more, it's a shame all the old threads have been archived as we've all been around here so long, it was fun to look back on some of the old games.

Yep, great days those. Loads of banter, I remember the jokes, because I love a good sale, about how I'd sell my mother. Only for a £1m I replied. :)

Other than you & Welshace, I haven't seen any of the old crew on here for years. 

I might try and pick up the save again next week when I've some free time & I'll do better at posting.   

So the January window has been and gone, league wise i'm hovering around the top 7, so going on nicely.  Victor was quiet in Jan, but had a busy deadline day...

Kehrer - £4.1m - Good signing and more than capable of rotating with White & Kenneh at CB. His wages are a bit on the steep side, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come for the summer. Signed early in the window.

image.thumb.png.4153073e5b8633a59778b9d135c47a73.png

Deadline day was a bit of a flurry

Campuzano - £7.75m - Again, never heard of him but looks more than capable, will be interesting to see how he fits in

image.thumb.png.8a0c1e17141ec629cda50739a0d1b310.png

Saka - Loan - I like him a lot irl, his stats at this stage of his development probably won't add much value to us, but i'm going to train him as LM so if we get the chance to get him again in the future he's progressed.

image.thumb.png.551423442ddfdf97de89dde618b2050f.png

We also had this lad turn down our contract offer. Never heard of him before, but i'm disappointed he turned us down as he and Costa would've been great rotating on the LM spot.

image.thumb.png.27a06b4d5396eb63df737c7a2881316f.png

Another decent window from VO - but the need for a striker is still very much there, Bamford has been decent, but a blockbuster front man would be much welcomed in summer.

Edited by macca72

Good second half of the season saw us edged out to 6th on a mad final day with a 3-0 loss to Arsenal.  We got some revenge with a penalty shootout win in the FA Cup final.

In terms of signings for Victor in the summer - I really need...

LB - Pellegrini was poor and Douglas is probably not good enough

LM - Need a rotation / challenger for Costa

CM - Campuzano was good, but I'd like a high potential youngster, ideally left footed

ST - Bamford got 13 league goals, which is ok but. not enough to sustain a top 6 team

Oddly, I did get a 15 year old Brazilian CM through the youth intake, so I'll try get him involved

image.thumb.png.ad3407417dd0f8f49eb39073f19282c9.png

Edited by macca72

A very interesting summer window, I added a player to Victor list for a loan deal to see if he could pull it off, and my god he did...

image.png.58366bbc8b237998849b4d433b18504f.png

Window didn't start well with the completely pointless purchase of Martinez from Arsenal, I don't need 3 good keepers, but I have them.

Tierney is a belter, very happy with him at left back

Harkin went straight to the U23

Malinovskyi - Never heard of him but looks fairly solid

Sancho - This was the huge one, I noticed he was transfer listed, for some reason he only played 1 game for Dortmund last season, no injuries to speak of so I asked VO to try negotiate a loan, which he did with a £55m option to buy.

Brewster is a solid loan, had him multiple times before

Gregoritsch is my striker, a tad underwhelming maybe but he does have 17 finishing so we'll see how we get on.

Hickey came out of nowhere with like an hour of the window left, good cover for both WB roles.

We also got turned down by a few, most notably...

Meunier who chose Everton

Minamino chose to go to Norwich 

Sancho was a slight cheat by me identifying him, but I'm allowed to chuck the odd one in ;)

So onto January 2022...

Quiet one, as I made Victor spend all the rest of our money on making Tierneys loan perm, he hasn't set the world on fire but he's British, a good age and £20m seems reasonable.

I did also veto one of his deals as he tried to bring in another goalkeeper, he clearly has a thing for them.

Biggest news was my "cheat" with Sancho - I didn't check before but I know now why he was listed, he must've refused a new contract and therefore I was able to convince him to join us on a free in the Summer.  The £185k per week and 50% sell on fee probably helps.

I'm still hovering around top 7, it's going to be tough to break into the top 4 I think, unless Victor comes up with some absolute gems in the summer. 

Edited by macca72

Season done - Finished 6th in the league, but won the League Cup and the Europa league so heading for CL football next season.

In terms of transfers for the summer:

The squad is big, so need to offload a few, Gregoritsch was good, very good in fact scoring 21 goals in the league, but was frustratingly inconsistent.  I'm planning on shipping him, Campuzano and Widmer out (along with either Martinez or Badia), which should give VO around £120m to play with.

I've decided to stop this little save once I've won every trophy, so update...

Premier League :thdn:

FA Cup :thup:

League Cup :thup:

Charity Shield :thdn:

Europa League :thup:

Champions League :thdn:

Euro Super Cup :thdn:

World Club Challenge :thdn:

Edited by macca72

So Victor went pretty big, and very British...

image.thumb.png.bc3fb0eda113934b691c9c1166d660ea.png

I tried to start offloading early, Bamford, Campuzano, Widmer, Gregoritsch and Martinez all moved on for decent money, all leaving him with about £130m in the bank. 

I kept pushing for Badia to go out and eventually got £10m for him.

Big story was Costa, I was happy to keep him the Beijing came in with a frankly insane offer, which bolstered the kitty again and kicked VO into action...

Farinez - Was listed in the Arsenal reserves, once I'd pushed Martinez out of the door he was aways going to bring a GK in, v happy with this

Abraham - Fantastic signing, £13m is an absolute steal. He's hardly played for the last 2 seasons but he's still young enough for me to get something out of him.

Walton - Another GK...

Sancho - My "cheat" freebie from last year

Jones - Good utility player and cheap.  Another British talent who gets no games at big clubs, he'll be decent rotation

Mount - Took me by surprise massively this one, we had a bid for Grealish turned down, then saw he went after Mount. He could be fantastic.

Aarons - Norwich relegated and I needed full backs, brilliant piece of business, if not a tad expensive for a full back

Pavard - Was on the transfer list, can play CB and DM, so happy

Osimhen - We only actually had one striker at the club, so was wondering what he would do on deadline day, solid backup and still young

Kulusevski - Looks brilliant and can play on left and right of midfield

Some window that, his best by a mile and we still have £70m in the kitty for January.  I can also now field a good all british line up, which is equally impressive.  Players like Mount, Abrahams, Pavard I would just never, ever have gone for.

I have an outside hope we can make top 4...

I did lose the European super cup to Atletico, narrow 1-0...

So January came and went, Victor pulled out a couple of useful squad additions...

Velimirovic - £15.25m - Looks like a very good player, will challenge Kalvin for the HB role

image.thumb.png.5070997121277597bf006cbb3dd5acf7.png

Frimpong - £19.25m - another good solid signing, probably won't play a whole load as we have Aarons, which is a shame, however a very capable deputy

image.thumb.png.b6d870a5ebcf8f40e1c135fb7efad451.png

I'm competing with Man U at the top of the league, but they look unbeatable at the moment with Greenwood basically becoming the best striker in the world.

Will see how the rest of the season goes, but summer I'll be looking to offload Malinovskyi and maybe Ben White to try get 2 blockbuster signings in.

Well as predicted man u won the league easy and Liverpool used their games in hand to good effect to catch us and finish in 2nd place.  I had a poor run in and gave up any chance of a title challenge with a 1-0 loss to Everton.

Thats not the full story though...

I had pretty much resigned myself to a tame end to the season when we could only manage a 1-1 draw with PSG in the CL semi first leg

image.png.652b9b64078f79c73e44d0d1202c6d64.png

I clearly underestimated us as we did this in the second leg...

image.png.f894f4078f484cce347c2d0280f9b133.png

Truth is we battered them, they came on strong in the last 25 minutes, but we always looked dangerous on the counter and wrapped it up, leaving a final against Atletico, who have won it for the last 3 years...

image.png

Edited by macca72

A story only FM could write...

A week or so before the CL final I got my youth intake, and the pick of the bunch was young Sam Morris.

image.thumb.png.d396f20a513a7fd87cc9b35df7ed3f5e.png

Seen as though you can have a million subs in the CL, I put him on the bench for the final...

image.thumb.png.7db8d0f417b44b6041f3b74eadcbe851.png

Absolutely unreal, I'd played Abraham for the first half then brought Osimhen on after 51 mins, he didn't get in the game at all so I threw Sam on for his professional debut after 94 mins.

Have to try and develop him to the max, basically becoming a club legend after 19 minutes of his career.

So that leaves me with...

Premier League :thdn:

FA Cup :thup:

League Cup :thup:

Charity Shield :thdn:

Europa League :thup:

Champions League :thup:

Euro Super Cup :thdn:

World Club Challenge :thdn:

Edited by macca72

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Question guys: Bielsas Leeds Side (IRL) have incredible determination, work rate, stamina, aggression, etc. Does it seem to matter at all what kind of players you use for any give Leeds tactic? If so this would be very odd. Because there's really few players that would be suited to Bielsas system (again IRL). I ask because I've started a Leeds save and had incredible success with players who have average work rates, determination, etc. And this strikes me as very odd given his system is based on superior physical and mental attributes (and some tecnical attributes).

Any comments would be highly appreciated :)