Turk-many-men, Turk-many-many-men

ToMexico!!

th?id=OIP.o1T_Bvc41eynqGc6RlHiXQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

FK Kopetdag Asgabat 

FK Kopetdag are a club based in the Turkmenistani captital Asgabat. They have previously won six Yokary Liga (or Higher League) titles and six Turkmenistan Cups. Due to financial difficulties the club was disbanded in 2008. Seven years later in 2015 the club was reborn and entered the First League of Turkmenistan and managed promotion to the top flight in 2016. 

FK Kopetdag won its last title in 2000 and the league has recently been dominated by Altyn Asyr who have won the last five titles. 2001 was the last time the club also won the national cup. The Higher League is made up of eight clubs with two continental competition spots and one relegation spot. The relegated team goes into one of three Second Division leagues with each being made of 10 sides including B/-2 sides. 

Save Aims

Like my Azeri save on FM19 its about becoming the best in nation, trying to win a continental competition and improving the national side. This truly could take quite a long time, Altyn Asyr are so far ahead domestically, it could be 10 seasons before we're capable of challenging for a domestic title, then we have probable years of suffering in the Asian continental competitions just to compete. 

Like all my saves we are not strictly tied down to a way of playing, we will buy players, we'll sell a lot of players, we'll develop our own youth and we'll poach plenty too. What makes this even harder is the fact we can only register 3 foreign players in our squad, total not foreign players in the first team etc. This also means Altyn Asyr can't go leaps and bounds ahead of us whilst we build a squad for a couple of seasons. 

Club Vision

234345489_TurkmenistaniDelight.thumb.PNG.6bc8352ba53014c62ec8a8fa5511885a.PNG

Simple enough; work within the wage budget, achieve a mid-tabled finish (from 8 teams) and reach the last four of the FA Cup. Simple enough until I see we're £1600 over our wage budget of £1389 per week :herman:

Finances

Finances.thumb.PNG.90bfd62d07939b128fc849f6ef425208.PNG

Labelled as Okay. Ok. Just 34k in the bank, no sponsorship deals, well no one in the league has. I'll have to sell some players then...

Squad

Squad.thumb.PNG.d0f8f3fe43719a2a18b9b7809baca0d9.PNG

Erm..... maybe not, we don't have many players. We do have a full B team and a few more in the U18s which I need to promote and gauge how good they are before maybe letting the rubbish ones go. I'll need to find a good AssMan to help with that. 

Staff

Staff.thumb.PNG.baf88680aee41e45d21295f4beba1af1.PNG

Oh crap...me, myself and the doctor! :D My own personal coaching stats give us a head start in the fitness department. I'll prioritise an AssMan, a HoYD, a DoF and a physio! How are the facilities anyhow? 

Facilities

Facilities.thumb.PNG.c5aa188528d812d148245a631fb37801.PNG

A big stadium to fill in the future, maybe 20 years time. Average training facilities is good! We actually have the best training facilities in the country. Poor youth can be improved. Fairly basic academy coaching and basic youth recruitment is to be expected. 

The Season Ahead..

First and foremost is to find some staff, build a squad from within, try and control the wage budget and finish mid-table. Achievable right? :thup: RIGHT? :idiot:

1. Build up a backroom staff
  2. Achieve Mid-Table
  3. Reduce the Wage bill

This is going to be fun! 

:D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-Season 2019

From starting the game to the first friendly was 19 days. 19 days to find some staff, work out how good my "squad" was and work on a something that resembles a tactic. 

Staff In

1483440403_StaffIn.thumb.PNG.7ed606c4d4ea7956ef0b0734f839a867.PNG

An AssMan, a scout and a head physio....sounds like the start of a joke. Whats not a joke though is Paulo Noga our new HoYD. 

Noga.thumb.PNG.ccdc2a2f61aeab6efe1193c674df43bd.PNG

WUT?! He was earning 10 bob a week in China, lured him over to Turkmenistan for with an extra 100 notes. Formerly at Sporting and Porto, here's mine for at least two years. 

Sponsorship Deal

Sponsorship.thumb.PNG.ad67a0c700b72782c8202929b039ccc6.PNG

Anything right now is helpful! Along with some season ticket sales, over 1400 actually finances are on the up. 

Finances.thumb.PNG.d6059e746bd122064dfb268a2c843cc2.PNG

Transfers

Transfers.thumb.PNG.ab25df9e26b0358deb088d64916167d2.PNG

Unsurprisingly no one joined but two left, both to lower league opposition and thats £200 off the weekly wages :thup:

Friendlies

Results don't matter at this stage, its about finding out who can kick a ball into and who can stop the ball from hitting the nets. 

Friendlies.thumb.PNG.aca950d6514e6460ea01259c2c1157bc.PNG

All lower league opposition but there was plenty of rotation and illnesses from the -20 conditions they were playing in. 

However there was one guy that stood out...

Hasanow.thumb.PNG.6874d0850520c7d7bae648e318e99b38.PNG

This little cherub, 16 year old Asirgeldi Hasanow. He can finish and he can run quick, all that's needed at this level. 5 games and 8 goals in pre-season. 

Rest of the Squad

1628939689_FirstTeamSquad.thumb.PNG.fa420e4a890b87072812dc924c246754.PNG

As the first game of the league season is on the horizon, this is the best first choice XI and subs we can muster. Heavily youth orientated with a couple of old heads mixed in. Every single players surname ends in W and there are some tongue twisters in there too; Gurbanmammedow, Sayitmuhammedow (x2) and Owezmyradow to try and say a few. 

Money in Turkmenistan?

313267555_FinancesMarch.thumb.PNG.1168779b140151668e53610ea2caa8cb.PNG

After a month of the league season we've more than doubled our finances, two of those games were at home where we averaged around 3000 fans per game. This bodes well, if we can over achieve in the league and further reduce the wage budget slightly in the next transfer window, we could well get an improved wage budget next season and look to improve the squad further. 

3 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, best of luck!

Thanks, this is going to be a slog, especially in Europe Asia. I forgot to mention I loaded all players of Asian nationality so pretty much every club has players.

Hopefully I can emulate some of your success when you get to Turkmenistan. 

5 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Seconded!

26 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Good luck mate,very interesting save-nation.;)

Thanks both! 

I just can't for the life of me bring myself to play as a team from a regular/vanilla nation and enjoy it. Obscurity breeds longevity to a save for me, my last two major saves have been with Sumqayit in Azerbaijan (where we reached 2050 and won the Europa League) and with Ashanti Gold in Ghana where I reached the 2050s also. 

Thinking about these just prompted me to look back at my old saves I've documented on here, AC London, UCD, and Brda the most successful of saves. I've tried and failed in Israel, Moldova and had startings of saves in Bosnia and had journeyman career that began in Colombia, dropped into Carlisle before heading to China, South Africa, Australia, back to Colombia, USA and ending in Holland with PSV that had a striker that scored 71 goals in a season (back on FM11). 

1 hour ago, deltablue said:

This should be interesting. 

Lets hope so! 

With the league rules being strict on foreign players limits (3 max) we really need to develop our own players but also be cautious on releasing players as the number Turkmenistan nationals is not huge. We then need to be really selective on which positions we can improve the squad by bringing in a foreign player. Maybe one defender, one midfielder and one striker? I'll need to look ahead a couple of seasons at a time and plan which players to move on. 

The other thing I'm not sure on is dual nationality, I think the standard is five years before a player can gain dual citizenship, it certainly was with my Sumqayit save in Azerbaijan. 

2019 Youth Intake Preview

I probably won't be posting every preview but would be good to see these intermittently through the save. Lets remind ourselves of our facilities first. 

Facilities.PNG.a24ef8f1aa738c7614a89e83c1ed1da1.PNG

Its the bottom two we're obviously focusing on first, fairly basic academy coaching and basic youth recruitment. We're about mid-table in terms of ranking the rest of the league for these two elements. Ahal and Altyn Asyr both have fairly basic for both coaching and recruitment so we're not too far behind. 

Once we acquire the players we have poor youth facilities as do every team in the Turkmenistani top flight. Once the players break through to the first team we have Average training facilities which are the best in the league. 

Back to the preview...

Preview.thumb.PNG.d0ff2aa43fd641beff1a20656139c454.PNG

More negatives than positives but I don't expect these intakes to be pulling up any trees for a few season yet. 

• We have plenty of wide midfielders coming through but are of poor quality.
  • A number of new wing-backs? what does a number mean?.. one? two? three? 
  • I notice it says that one of the defensive midfielders has good potential then goes on to say about a young Turkmenistani having caught the eye. Is this the same player? 
  • No wingers it says so its RM/LMs coming through not RW/LW. Which ties in with the first bullet point. 
  • There's poor central midfielders coming through but none are of the attacking ilk. 

Will be interesting to see if this is completely accurate. 

2019 Youth Intake

First lets take a look at how the preview compared to the actual intake. 

Preview.thumb.PNG.86f235bc761ed018fbd7aac50c54a676.PNG

• Wide midfielders suggests MR/ML - we have three wide players in total, two are of a more attacking orientation
  • A number of new wing-backs - one D/WBr and three out and out WBls.
  • Defensive midfielders - we have one come through and he is the top prospect
  • Attacking midfielders are hard to find - we have one M/AMC and one AMC/ST
  • We don't anticipate wingers coming through - we have two 
  • Most of the central mids aren't good enough - he's an M/AMC positionally but a ball winning midfielder 
  • Wide Midfielders do not look great - the M/AMR is good enough for first team appearances, the M/AML is not. 
  • Very poor crop of players - in relative terms this intake isn't that bad

These comments are subjective to each "manager" as to whether they are 10%, 25% 78% or 100% true. I could give each one a percentage of how accurate I think it is and then work out an average to show its accuracy to me. 

Intake.thumb.PNG.c9818634596f0f57185304c3b86aeeca.PNG

Now this intake looks amazing, all those stars in the potential column. There are some good players in here with the potential to be first team players, even next season. Samyradow, Gocguliyew and Minhairow the pick of the bunch but all will be signed for depth. 

Samraydov.thumb.PNG.8952095c233e0f80d31b4563819bdefe.PNG

This is the top prospect Samyradow who is a defensive midfielder but I will look to retrain him at CB to utilise his height which is 191cm and his tackling which is better than any CB I have at the club. Beyond his tackling and and physicals he doesn't have much else going for him. 

One thing I don't like with this edition so far is the lack of ability to customise the youth intake screen, I would like to add some individual attributes to the view like Determination/Leadership/Work Rate and key stats like Tackling/Passing/Shooting & Pace/Strength rather than viewing them on separate screens. 

Season Review 2019

Lets remind ourselves of the clubs vision this season;

1. Work within the wage budget - when I took over we were around £1,600 over the wage budget
  2. Finish Mid-table - predicted to finish 4th
  3. Reach the semi-final of the FA Cup

So did we achieve those? 

Higher League

League.thumb.PNG.20421999d2a6929a486874eb1cc2e9a5.PNG

A pretty solid season overall, we never looked likely to be relegated and never felt like we could break in to the top three. The league was split into three distinct groups through the course of the season before Altyn Asyr powered on to win their sixth title in a row. The league grouped up as it finished really; Merw, Energetik Mary and Nebitci scrapped amongst the bottom three; ourselves and Asgabat swapped places so many times I lost count and Altyn Asyr, Ahal and Sagadam kept quite close through the first half of the season before points gaps began to open up. 

Turkmenistani Cup

Cup.thumb.PNG.d0f1f0af785f877d8761613d7100d948.PNG

The board wanted us to reach the semi-finals and we should have done. Comfortable wins in both the first and second rounds before taking a 3-1 lead back to Lebap, only to lose 2-0 and then bow out on penalties. Luckily this part of the club vision was only favoured (level 1 out of 4). 

Squad

Squad.thumb.PNG.c5382aa5f30f47cb4df0c23f67339e05.PNG

In the preview I suggested that Hasanow would be the one to watch out for and eventually he delivered. It was Seydiyew who took onus to get the goals before Hasanow found his feet, scoring 18 goals in his last 20 appearances. Beyond those two strikers (who netted 38 of our 59 goals we scored this season) it was Gurbanow who scored 11 goals. As you can see there is a lot of youth in our first team squad and from my calculations the average age of our first choice XI + subs was 19.3 years old. 

Behind the Scenes/Finances

Commercial.thumb.PNG.a8dbb0ec4ae666103c9a7ef4f3f7d161.PNG

We gained a sponsorship deal of just under £57k per season which helps, we gained just under £650k from gate receipts this season which was huge for us. 

Finances.thumb.PNG.801857ea7df92b2e0a681b88b5d2977f.PNG

With a tax bill of £150k for the season we have £650k in the bank and have been given a transfer budget of £65k and wage budget of £2,680 which is higher than last season. 

Career Summary

Season | Pred | Finished | Turkmen Cup | Continental Cup | Top Scorer   | Training Fac | Youth Facil | Junior Coach | Youth Recruit | Ave Att | Finances
2019   | 4th  | 4th      | Quarters    | -               | Hasanow (19) | Average      | Poor        | Fairly Basic | Basic         | 2516    | 650k

2020 Vision and Manager Performance

176338378_ClubVision.thumb.PNG.51fc68b0ed6d55e6253823eaa26c5276.PNG

I didn't mention the club culture in last season preview but same as last season the club culture is to make progress on and off the pitch. To me this is license to improve as and when without pressure from the board to potentially bury us financially chasing a title within a season or two. 

I am required to Work within wage budget which I am finally on course to do so after 10 players were released in the summer when their contracts expired and the board increase my wage budget. I am also asked to finished in the top half of the league, which is very achievable considering that's where I finished last season. There are now no expectations revolving around the Turkmenistani Cup this season. 

271538180_PerformanceSummary.thumb.PNG.0ffd244c9190b047951b0d57b636bc5d.PNG

C+ is middle of the range for me. We'll see what happens with this as the season goes on. 

307533664_ContinentalQualification.thumb.PNG.4514938e10e80a4cc7f70a866bcd754f.PNG

Some good news regarding the Continental Competition qualification from league position. The league has gained a place in the First Preliminary Round  of the AFC Champions League. Hopefully Altyn Asyr can do us proud and maintain that qualification spot for the foreseeable future. 

Pre-Season 2020

We signed no one this summer but did release 10 players which dramatically reduced the weekly wage spend. We did promote a few youth players to bulk out the first team, bringing our total number of teenagers to 18 in the squad. 

Friendlies.thumb.PNG.9fc57de63f9890beffd9762d385b3521.PNG

A strong performance in the set of friendlies, although all against lower league opposition. 

Squad.thumb.PNG.14acb64a1447f98ebd2a906e2d3f8d26.PNG

Here's the squad and strongest first choice XI with the two injured players Gurbanow and Hashynow going back into the first XI when fit again. 

Stumbled into a problem?

I wouldn't call it a problem but its the start to our league campaign which has caught me by surprise...

706368783_Fixtures7Games.thumb.PNG.c82b52a7e995df96eb30a685373457aa.PNG

Pretty imperious in our first seven games of the season which equates to a quarter of the season. That heavy loss to Altyn Asyr is expected but six from six elsewhere is pretty damn good. It's almost too good for where we are and the players I have. I'm using a standard 4-2-4 with wingers tactic with wing play and its seems to be working a dream at the minute. Six wins from seven actually leaves us top of the league. 

437709142_Table7Games.thumb.PNG.90847e1f1c6cf15b2942755cb2fb552b.PNG

I mean I don't expect league form to continue as such and I expect Altyn to takeover pretty quickly as we begin to drop points and also expect Ahal to find better form. We're ahead of schedule as things stand and I don't want the board to get ahead of themselves, I mean when I was trying to improve the squad I couldn't even attract the players that were released on a free from the teams ahead of me last season. 

2020 Youth Intake Preview

Preview.thumb.PNG.5dde9c78aed32a409350baee0cfac7c9.PNG

Well this isn't good. Earlier in the season I tried to improve the Youth Recruitment but the board declined even with me using all my powers of persuasion. 4 positive v 7 negative comments. 

• A promising CB :thup:
  • A defensive mid with potential/Turkmenistani dm from Asgabat :thup: same thing like last season - will it be two comments regarding one player
  • A fine prospect of a forward :thup::thup: 
  • no great number in any one position - I take this as a positive - why would we want another three WBLs?
  • no new central midfielders :thdn:
  • full backs/wing backs/wide midfielders aren't great :thdn::thdn:
  • mediocre group of players :thdn: 

We wait for the intake in October :sega:

Youth Intake 2020

Mid-October and the youth intake has arrived and its billed as a 'golden generation', lets take a look...

Intake.thumb.PNG.f80a5da312b076b4adbd8204feba2e99.PNG

Preview v Intake...

• a promising cb - 4* potential 
  • a dm with potential - 2* CA/4* PA
  • a fine prospect of a forward - we actually get two who are both 5* potential
  • no great numbers in one postition - three strikers is the most
  • no new cm's - correct; 2 x DM's and 1 x AMC
  • fullbacks/wing backs/wide mids aren't great - 1 x 4.5* left mid
  • mediocre group of players - its not as bad as the preview would suggest

Alikper Minhairow (YP20a)

Minhairow.thumb.PNG.e0686a5e1376c90730e1d51b33aafe5c.PNG

For the level we're currently operating at, he's not actually far from first team duties. Good finishing and heading already, mentals aren't great and physcials could be better although he is fit and has some pace. With a Tries Killer Balls Often trait I could retrain him as a support striker but would need to work on his passing and vision. 

Overview

Two 5* potential players suggests this a pretty good intake but its not the golden generation as commented when the intake came through. We do have a GK, CB and a DM that can be useful in the first team. 

Season Review 2020

After last seasons 4th place finish the board increased their expectations from a mid-tabled finish to a top-half finish, which if we were to finish 4th again we would meet expectations. At some point during the course of the season, when we entered the cup in the 1st Round the board decided to tell us we were expected to reach the semi-final. 

League

93aec495e0cc795de027dbe058b6bfc5.png

An absolute barn storming season as with broke into the top 3 and then to only finish one point behind the champions Altyn Asyr. Through the season ourselves, Altyn and Ahal swapped positions between the top three. Two of Altyn's loses came against us, we even smashed them 5-1 in one of those games. 

1affdb401580b7055072b7e3d12d4be3.png

Turkmenistani Cup

a4ff389c95a15a844a77e34b61362b57.png

I'm extremely disappointed to have gone out of the competition in just the 2nd Round to the team who were relegated from the top flight last season. I can't even blame heavy rotation, we were just poor. 

Squad

8a0688c1af7c7fb11109bbace3c145cb.png

We made no signings through the course of the season but instead used the U21s to fill out the positions. Again the striker pairing of Hasanow and Seydiyew scored the bulk of the goals and they were ably backed up the left wingers Owezmyradow and Gurbanow. 

Behind the Scenes

426c7d6d616ed29c0faf5033dde312e4.png

With an increased wage budget we had no trouble in staying within and thus staying on course to keep the board happy. We also passed the boards vision of finishing in the top half of the season but did fail to reach the semi-final of the domestic cup, which I didn't realise had been introduced during the course of the season. 

267648aa7e490df107e7e553c7b84434.png

Finances continued to increase through the course of the season and we sit a healthy position going into the new season. The board have been generous also in giving me the below budgets for the season ahead. 

417f23ddb61cee2a3f6db34cb7a33ba8.png

Career Summary

9439a8ce5f5cc3b235edd5a7e453d5cc.png

2021 Club Vision Revised

4f08d7178939a3ade9f6c424905d247b.png

The board have added a couple elements to be judged on. Reach Group Stage of the Confederation Cup is desired by the board which concerns me slightly as this is the first time playing in this competition and I'm not entirely sure how many rounds we have to play before we could potentially be in the group stage.

They feel that the Super Cup is not important and neither do I. Once we win it once it will be treat like a friendly thereafter. 

Become Recognised as the 'best of the rest' - as you can see we've already passed this two seasons in advance. 

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

Love your saves because it's always the less traveled path. 

Looks like your intake has indeed delivered a few prospects

Thanks!! Yeah like I said I just can't do big clubs or mainstream nations anymore. 

They're having too, I'm really struggling to bring in the players necessary to improve the squad. We have improved two positions this summer through transfers but been heavily reliant on youth. 

2021 Youth Intake Preview

65cf731cb1b47dc04ed789c13d78447f.png

So we're under the impression here that we have a few defensive midfielders coming through with one stand out player. We also have a number of wing backs with a lefty being highly rated. They're stating two players are great prospects overall but calling this a golden generation. But on the other hand we're lacking central players like defenders, midfielders and strikers. We do have some full backs/wide mids and wingers but they are generally quite poor. 

I have been able to improve both the Youth Recruitment and the Junior Coaching so I would hope this is a better crop of players than the last intake. I would obviously like to further improve these from an average and fairly basic level but don't want to start spending more money than we can afford. 

2021 Youth Intake

7f518ca4e46d53ba3b3d76d0a9c3b86c.png

Again lots of potential here but unfortunately probably only two players here show any real promise. The improvement in Youth Recruitment has thrown in two players now from Asgabat. The preview suggested a  good wing back from Atamyrat and whilst he has 4.5* potential he's not great at all. The preview also suggested numerous defensive midfielders which we have three of and the highest rated one Owezmyradow is the apparent pick of the players. 

However, Hojayew who is a wide midfielder on the left and Nurmyradow who is a central defender are much better picks and will be used in the first team next season. Both of these players were not highlighted in the preview. 

53c4fc2359e6e5b8e9e345e6e854dc6e.png

Some good mental attributes here for Nurmyradow which will help counteract his lack of athleticism. Heading and Tackling are already at a decent level for a 16 year old. 

Like on FM18 with Sumqayit in Azerbaijan I am thinking that the nations personailities are set more towards the lower/negative end of the spectrum. 

40 minutes ago, rodesire said:

This is very very good progress, surprised you haven't bought many players yet, tbf

I've bought three players total in 3 seasons, there just isn't the quality yet to really improve the team. So I've been very reliant on youth players to bulk out the squad, which is turning this into a mini youth only save until I can attract the better players. 

Season Review 2021

Despite last season's 2nd place finish the media's expectations hadn't changed and still expected us to finish in fourth place. The board wanted top half again and for us to reach the semi-finals of the cup. In the Confederation Cup they wanted us to reach the group stages which was a bit wild to be honest. 

Transfers

7735aaddd04166e60ffbe5fd9a0df644.png

I signed two players this season as they were the only players who I felt could improve the first team. Metdayew is a striker and Durdyyew is a right back. 

League

2144bf95704a1d7a332d44ea043c49dc.png

Another good season as we kept up with Altyn and Ahal all season and managed to pip Ahal on the last day of the season to 2nd place. We actually scored the most league goals this season with 72, just one more than Altyn but it shows how well we're competing. By finishing 2nd again we will enter into the Confederation Cup once again. 

Turkmenistani Cup

7ab448938fd752984c314600af584a82.png

We managed to reach the cup final for the first time in this career beating all lower league opposition until we met league winners Altyn in the final. We narrowly lost 1-0 but did ourselves proud. 

Confederation Cup

637aaa2e3c15e39698518dde158bf371.png

We easily beat Kyrgyzstan side Ilbirs home and away in the Preliminary Round to meet Tajikistani side FK Khujand. We disappointingly lost 2-0 at theirs and only managed a 1-0 home win. The board did say they were disappointed we failed to reach the group stage but did acknowledge we had a tough draw. 

Squad

98f10c8aee69c0bcb556a5e74330eb6b.png

Hasanow was the real standout this season, his goals earned him a call up to the Turkmenistan senior national side. He was ably supported by strikers Metdayew and Seydiyew, by left winger Gurbanow and youngsters Hashyrow and Muhadow. 

Behind the Scenes

deb19a3287e2860138116bac7c20856c.png

We kept well withing the wage budget this season and look set to do so next season also as the board have again increased the wages up to over £11k per week. We passed both top half finish and the cup semi's requirements but failed the Confed Cup Group Stage appearance. 

0c965a470943baf9e3566f03091312c3.png

Still surprising to be making so much money still, we've hardly spent much anyway, I would like to see how the Confed Cup goes next season before asking for another upgrade or two. 

Career Summary

7202ddb0813dd3e8b9bf4b8eaa536fdf.png

Pre-Season Transfers 2022

549b359d73e92f749b8cca711f1f57b7.png

I won't a transfer update every pre-season but as we've more than doubled my total transfers made in one summer winter transfer window. We were given £360k to spend on new players and I spent a portion of that. Berdiyew is a goalkeeper who I pre-arranged the transfer of around two months before the end of last season. Kassar is a Syrian national that my scout recommended, we're allowed three foreign players and now we're up to two. Kuzbesow was released by Merw at the end of the season, I had previously been interested in signing him but found a better option, he comes in as back up. Lastly I spent relatively big on Minhairow from Altyn Asyr, he's a 19 year old striker who will eventually take over from Metdayew who is refusing to sign a new contract and will probably leave at the end of the season. 

Ahal spent twice as much as we did this window on twice as many players so they're definitely ones to watch out for. 

2022 Youth Intake Preview

7ae8dd084c3e66c7f34e13f444890548.png

Wow, has anyone has a worse intake preview? We've also upgraded both the Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching. 

• We've an abundance of wing-backs who are "not up to scratch" 

The End.

p.s - taking this preview as a pinch of salt, the three previous ones have been around 50% correct in my eyes. 

2022 Youth Intake

fa97d6d7df055e9de590a2cdcd8d785a.png

It's not nearly as bad as the intake suggests but we do get four....FOUR WBL's...looking back that's now 12 in four intakes :D  and the preview was right in they're "not up to scratch". Whilst the preview stated that the GK coming through is of "poor quality" he is in fact our most promising player. The net has been cast further as we have a youth from Norilsk (in Russia), which is 1900 miles from the club according to my sources. We also have a guy with Kazakh second nationality. 

Overall this is a poor intake and is pretty much on par with the review :(

I NEED HIM!

1030c858e60b42203c3c8a5756f67c56.png

Did my usual scouting the other clubs youth teams and Altyn Asyr have had this absolute gem come through their intake. I'm in the process of scouting him to find out how much they want for him, I have plenty of money available to spend so will try my damned hardest to sign this kid. 

2022 Season Review 

Another 2nd place finish last season let the rest of the league know we could mix it with the big two of Altyn and Ahal on a more regular basis. This season the media predicted us to finish 3rd whilst the board wanted a top half finish. The board also wanted Confed Cup Group Stages appearance and semi-finals of the Turkmenistani Cup. 

League

962be3b19e956cbc8e0a4461161b5245.png

We took it to the last day of the season, where we sat in first going into the game with Asgabat. We blitzed them 4-1 to secure our first title, probably around three to four years ahead of schedule. Finishing top see us qualify for...

1af1cb07937804707340720ed5acf70b.png

Turkmenistani Cup

b55036da6c229ecfcbff121eea19343c.png

We had the toughest run possible to the cup final but played the easiest of the bunch in the final. Alikper Minhairow (YP20a) being the star of the show with his goals in the 2nd leg of the semi final and the winner in the final. 

Confederation Cup

b98d5c2a1f5145e7ffe2dff690424bdf.png

Easy victories over Afghanistan's Toofan to set up a tie with Kyrgyzstan side Neftchi Kochkor-ata. An away loss in the first leg was overturned magnificently at home to send us through to the group stages for the first time. We faced another Kyrgyzstani side Alay and Tajikistani side Khujand, four points from a possible 12 left us bottom of the group. 

Squad

3dc1cddce70bc13fc78ae1cc035aff53.png

Asirgeldi Hasanow was brilliant with his 37 goals in 36 games, he got called up to the national side this season and made his first appearance recently, scoring on his debut. He was backed up well by Metdayew with 25 goals. Didar Hashrow made 23 assists this season but refused to sign a new contract and has subsequently signed a pre-arrange deal to join Altyn Asyr. 

Behind the Scenes

0d61b1b1f28db0edeb50a720c38b9ed4.png

All passed :thup:

a68f0d2944fd39725c183435040e7bac.png

We made plenty of money again this season and have been rewarded with a healthy transfer budget and a huge wage budget. 

99802ddbc9295c54677e146fa1139d05.png

We improved both the junior coaching and the youth recruitment. I will look to improve the youth facilities next. 

Career Summary

044df9281861a676e324d08799d12486.png

Takeover

1ca8c0eb82e3a1f79aeab0d51470b80b.png

Probably took around a week to complete. 

7d5c4af1f6995c414f682c49fac07565.png

A little bit extra money.

2a98cf62855f355c678a94e359e4cf33.png

Transfer budget increased from £450k to £1.1m. 

9d399bda7c3b7d29e343eca4d0b58040.png

The new board want us to develop players which I like. However, their expectations are lower, just a top half finish and reach preliminary rounds of Champions League. Long-term they only want us to become "best of the rest".

12 hours ago, rodesire said:

All aboard Bayramow hype train!

Choo Choo!! :lol:

12 hours ago, deltablue said:

Good to see you got that defender. 

Was pretty straight forward, Altyn didn't want to sell according to scout report. Went to the transfer screen and offered 50k, they countered to £200k. I renegotiated to 100k and they accepted. Bargain.