Can't find/run in-game editor on Mac

maynao

I have purchased the Football Manager 2020 In-game editor on Steam and 'installed' it, something that was not previously necessary in previous versions. I now have the 'Editor' outside of the game but not the drop down, in game one. I have seen other posts suggesting I go into preferences and select 'Show In-game editor in the menu bar' which I have done but still no luck.

Is there anything else I need to do or anything I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks

vor 35 Minuten schrieb maynao:

I have purchased the Football Manager 2020 In-game editor on Steam and 'installed' it, something that was not previously necessary in previous versions. I now have the 'Editor' outside of the game but not the drop down, in game one. I have seen other posts suggesting I go into preferences and select 'Show In-game editor in the menu bar' which I have done but still no luck.

Is there anything else I need to do or anything I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks

Did you start the save with "prevent ingame editor?"  Or does it not show, when you start a new save?

You should also reload the skin.

This is taken from another thread:

To delete your cache, please do the following:

Mac OS X (all versions)

- Open Finder.
- Click the ‘Go’ menu in the menubar.
- Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key.
- Click the ‘Library’ item in the menu.
- Go into the folder named ‘Application Support’ then ‘Sports Interactive’
- Click into the ‘Football Manager 2020’ folder
- Within here, delete the ‘Cache’ folder

After this is done, please verify the integrity of game cache as follows: 

- Load Steam
- From the Steam Games Library, right-click on Football Manager 2020 and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Now please start the game again and check if the Ingame Editor is now available in your game.

On 25/11/2019 at 14:45, KUBI said:

Mac OS X (all versions)

Now please start the game again and check if the Ingame Editor is now available in your game.

I've tried all of this and switched between all 3 pre-loaded skins and still no luck. Any more ideas?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb maynao:

I've tried all of this and switched between all 3 pre-loaded skins and still no luck. Any more ideas?

In your opening post you wrote that you have the Editor outside of the game, what does that mean? 

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

In your opening post you wrote that you have the Editor outside of the game, what does that mean? 

This one - I want to say it's the pre-game editor? I've cleared the preferences folder as well through the same route as above but still nothing. I really appreciate you trying to help with this!

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 22.47.08.png

vor 1 Minute schrieb maynao:

This one - I want to say it's the pre-game editor? I've cleared the preferences folder as well through the same route as above but still nothing. I really appreciate you trying to help with this!

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 22.47.08.png

This is the pre-game editor and it is free, the in-game editor is just a small pencil on top right of the skin.

• 10 months later...
On 25/11/2019 at 14:45, KUBI said:

Mac OS X (all versions)

- Open Finder.
- Click the ‘Go’ menu in the menubar.
- Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key.
- Click the ‘Library’ item in the menu.
- Go into the folder named ‘Application Support’ then ‘Sports Interactive’
- Click into the ‘Football Manager 2020’ folder
- Within here, delete the ‘Cache’ folder

After this is done, please verify the integrity of game cache as follows: 

- Load Steam
- From the Steam Games Library, right-click on Football Manager 2020 and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.