Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
neilymon

Start New Career in the Middle of Prior Season?

Anyone know if it is possible to start a game midway through the previous season's competition? Whenever I start the game with an English team and I add in Ireland/MLS so I can start the game in January, I find that the league doesn't start until August. Is it possible to start the game in the middle of the prior competitive season? I feel like this was once possible in FM years ago.

You can choose which date you start the game from however you won’t be able to actually play games from the previous season. That’s what FM19 was for.

Makes sense. I have no idea why I thought that was possible, I must be imagining having done that on a previous FM. 

Anyways, the setup I am looking for, a league one team having won the EFL Cup the previous year, can be easily arranged via the in game editor. 

You can however start games in the middle of the next season, by adding Brazil or Sweden in the DB for example and choose their next season start date, You can't however not do that if you have the MLS loaded, for licensing reasons I suppose.

Ah - that must be how I started midseason in the past. That’s a great idea! I’ll try that out (I used MLS before with no future option) and that should accomplish what I’m trying to do.