Loan Player to Affiliate Issue

4 hours ago, armyissue69 said:

How do I reset the game to ask me how long to loan to affiliate? I don't know what I did to make it now default to just 1 month with no options to change it. 

Do you mean when you started, you already a player on loan at your affiliate?

Or do you only have an option to loan your player to the affiliate for 1 month?

So, I asked for an affiliate. We obtained an affiliate. Started moving players that weren't getting playing time from U18 and U23 to the affiliate. Initially, I could select the length of the time sent to the affiliate such as 1 month, 3 months, end of season, etc. Now I do not get the option. I can only select send to the affiliate without being able to stipulate the time. And when I send them to the affiliate, it only lets them go for 1 month.

So I asked this question in Steam Forums (game discussion) and didn't receive a solution. That's why I came to this forum, to receive a solution, from the game creators themselves. IS This the proper forum to get feedback from game creators? Do the creators NOT have an answer to my question? Do I need to call someone? You know, like when you buy something from the store that doesn't work right or you're not sure how to work, you call the manufacturer on how to get it going? Does the game creator(s) not have an opinion? should I take this stuff to social media? When I pay some money for a product, I generally expect a pretty good turn around on feedback.

Just FYI @armyissue69, acting entitled like that is likely only going to decrease the likelihood of one of the devs replying to your post rather than someone else's query. They don't spend all day on the forums, and with the number of posts on these forums every day, might well miss queries, it happens.

Incidentally, have you checked your option in the Staff -> Staff Responsibilities -> Transfer and Contracts section? There's preset loan settings there, and it may be that you'd managed to untick the option to always ask you how long you want the loan to be.

I will check your suggestion.  I find it odd that you feel like I'm acting "entitled". Do you feel that I am not entitled to knowledge on operating the game? the manual doesn't reference it. The in-game doesn't reference it. I paid for it. I appreciate your answer.

@JordanMillward_1 Your suggestion only references the ability to set a "playing time" such as youngster up to star player, not the actual length of the loan. I am looking for, have not found, where I can reset the ability to state the length of the loan I wish the player to play. Now, an individual CAN be listed or offered as a loan for a specified period of time, however, I cannot find it for an affiliate.  I have players which are not quality (such as youth) that I want to send down to a minor team (my affiliate) to train full time since I have extra players (youth) taking up spots on the youth/B teams.

IF ANYONE has the knowledge to fix the affiliate loan length, please let me know. I fully welcome @SI@si Football Manager or anyone affiliated with knowledge base to answer this. Thank you for your time.

@karabas15 no. I’m thinking of getting a new affiliate next season and see if it’s still an issue. I’ve read about previous FM where you can reset some defaults for it, but I can’t find it anywhere in FM 20. I’m certain it’s tucked away somewhere that I don’t know so, I’m still looking.

• 8 months later...

I have the same issue.  In previous versions of FM, when I moved a player to an affiliate (either straight off the squad screen, by right click-squad-affiliate-affiliate name or under the development dropdown), I was asked how long the duration I wanted and maybe some other items.  Now it appears to send them to the affiliate for 1 month without asking me for a duration.  This is the start of a season, so there is no season ending time limit issue.  I do not recall hitting "don't ask me again" in a loan box.  If I did for some reason, how would I "un-do" that?

• 1 month later...

@armyissue69 @mbrown4464 You two are basically looking for the "confirmation message screen" that usually pops up when you offer a player to your affiliate that lets you stipulate the terms of the loan.

You've accidentally hit "Don't show me this message again" so just go into "Preferences" and bottom left it says "Reset" click that and then hit "Confirmation Dialogs". Should reset things and sort out the problem.

On 18/09/2020 at 16:09, Jamezmcc said:

@armyissue69 @mbrown4464 You two are basically looking for the "confirmation message screen" that usually pops up when you offer a player to your affiliate that lets you stipulate the terms of the loan.

You've accidentally hit "Don't show me this message again" so just go into "Preferences" and bottom left it says "Reset" click that and then hit "Confirmation Dialogs". Should reset things and sort out the problem.

I remember reading through this thread in like December and thinking the exact same thing. It’s always funny to me when someone changes a setting and acts like their game is broken.