Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Weiry

New Nation In Europe - Won't Enter In Nations League or Euros

Recommended Posts

So I've moved Kazakhstan to Asia and replaced Kiribati with the new nation and made it based in Europe. The clubs in this nation enters the UEFA Champions League and Europa League without any issues and the nation also takes part in the World Cup Qualifiers in Europe as well as the U21 and U19 European Championship qualifiers but when it comes to the senior European Championship qualifiers and UEFA Nations League they do not enter (Kazakhstan are still entering the Nations League)

How do I go about making it so this nation enters those two competitions as well? Preferably without having to redo both of the competitions as I'm afraid I'll stuff something up there. Is there a way to edit these competitions without having to completely redo them? Will that even work with my situation? Is there a xml file I'm missing for this? I'd greatly appreciate any help as I've definitely seen this done in the past.

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest using CIS instead of Kiribati for proper last names of generated people.

I have a pre-made file with CIS ready to go in my LIncs & Cambs thread in the downloads sections, if you need it.

I am still testing how to ensure proprer euro and nations league qualification myself as KHZ seems pretty set on playing in those even if in Asia and my team doesn’t seem to get added.

I am sure it can be sorted or has already been cracked by someone further along than myself in the editing process.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nine_iron said:

I suggest using CIS instead of Kiribati for proper last names of generated people.

I have a pre-made file with CIS ready to go in my LIncs & Cambs thread in the downloads sections, if you need it.

I am still testing how to ensure proprer euro and nations league qualification myself as KHZ seems pretty set on playing in those even if in Asia and my team doesn’t seem to get added.

I am sure it can be sorted or has already been cracked by someone further along than myself in the editing process.

 

I'm trying to make a Catalonia independent league and the regen names and ethnicity seem to be pretty good actually. If you manage to work it out please message me. 

Also have your clubs managed to go up in qualification places for the Champions League and Europa League? My clubs do enter these competitions but it is always 1 place in CL and 1 place in EL even after success in the competitions (Barcelona are in this division of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weiry said:

I'm trying to make a Catalonia independent league and the regen names and ethnicity seem to be pretty good actually. If you manage to work it out please message me. 

Also have your clubs managed to go up in qualification places for the Champions League and Europa League? My clubs do enter these competitions but it is always 1 place in CL and 1 place in EL even after success in the competitions (Barcelona are in this division of course)

The easiest solution would be to ignore Kazakhstan, and just create Catalonia as an expanded Andorra instead. Andorra is culturally Catalan and would quite possibly join the state in real life if it ever became independent, and it makes the edit a lot easier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But how would you make sure that Spain is working without Catalan teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

The easiest solution would be to ignore Kazakhstan, and just create Catalonia as an expanded Andorra instead. Andorra is culturally Catalan and would quite possibly join the state in real life if it ever became independent, and it makes the edit a lot easier!

Sounds like a good solution. Not sure whether Andorra would join Catalunya ;)

51 minutes ago, MWFC_3 said:

But how would you make sure that Spain is working without Catalan teams?

Rebuild the Spanish competition, first few levels are easy. The regional leagues will give a bit of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Weiry said:

Also have your clubs managed to go up in qualification places for the Champions League and Europa League? My clubs do enter these competitions but it is always 1 place in CL and 1 place in EL even after success in the competitions (Barcelona are in this division of course)

In previous years my guides recommended coefficients worked, not tried to set them this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Butting into this topic even though I have no answer, but a question instead - I remember that in a few years ago, editing a file would be enough to let the editor mess around with countries. Is that gone and creating xmls is our only option?

Edited by Ravsieg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

But how would you make sure that Spain is working without Catalan teams?

I've got Spain perfectly working along with the 4 tier Catalan structure just a matter of 'promoting' teams up to the divisions that are missing teams.

11 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

The easiest solution would be to ignore Kazakhstan, and just create Catalonia as an expanded Andorra instead. Andorra is culturally Catalan and would quite possibly join the state in real life if it ever became independent, and it makes the edit a lot easier!

It is a good solution that would almost definitely work but I'd like to have Andorra and Catalonia seperate as it would be nice to have a Catalan rivalry/derby when they play each other.

6 hours ago, nine_iron said:

In previous years my guides recommended coefficients worked, not tried to set them this year.

Yep it seems to work now but will take a few seasons to come into effect :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I created a new nation instead Ireland (pre-1922). I moved Kazakhstan to Asia and replace Kazakhstan in Nation League C. My nation start in NL and Euro Qualification.

5!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FPN said:

I created a new nation instead Ireland (pre-1922). I moved Kazakhstan to Asia and replace Kazakhstan in Nation League C. My nation start in NL and Euro Qualification.

5!

How did you replace Kazakhstan in Nation League C? Did it just work automatically when you replaced Ireland (pre-1922)??

Edited by Weiry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Database -> Competitions -> UEFA Nations League C -> Teams -> Registered Teams

Edited by FPN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FPN said:

Database -> Competitions -> UEFA Nations League C -> Teams -> Registered Teams

I was thinking of looking into that, will test today as I am still entering teams and other details.

I just don’t have the time or patience like I used to to sit down and edit for hours on end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FPN said:

Database -> Competitions -> UEFA Nations League C -> Teams -> Registered Teams

Thanks that has worked :) and such an easy solution too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So step by step please to make sure the nation perfectly works without the other clubs that join the new nation, can you do it in private DM's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

So step by step please to make sure the nation perfectly works without the other clubs that join the new nation, can you do it in private DM's?

Not sure how much of this is up to date but hey...

https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm12-regional-nation-database-creation-guide.html

I will probably update it when I have time, around Xmas I think but will update my example in my Lincs & Cambs 2020 download thread later tonight.

Edited by nine_iron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MWFC_3 said:

So step by step please to make sure the nation perfectly works without the other clubs that join the new nation, can you do it in private DM's?

Basically you move all the clubs you want into the new nation (you can do this easily by searching clubs by local region) - you'll also have to change the cities, local regions and player nationalities to this new nation. Create the structure.

Once the structure is completed try to start a new game and of course you'll see that the nation you took these teams from has a red exclamation mark. It might say something like "Found 18 teams from Premier Division, Need 20" etc.

So all you do for the divisions that has errors you go back in the editor (same file as the new nation) search the competition and add teams until the correct amount is met. You may want to keep it realistic and say add 2 of the most reputable teams from the division below it but it is up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work regarding the Kazakhstan issue!

Sorry for joining in randomly, but is there a way to select multiple nations and change them all at once? For instance, If I select Asian nations to add South American nations as non-foreign, how would be the quickest way to do it?

Edited by shimera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Weiry said:

Basically you move all the clubs you want into the new nation (you can do this easily by searching clubs by local region) - you'll also have to change the cities, local regions and player nationalities to this new nation. Create the structure.

Once the structure is completed try to start a new game and of course you'll see that the nation you took these teams from has a red exclamation mark. It might say something like "Found 18 teams from Premier Division, Need 20" etc.

So all you do for the divisions that has errors you go back in the editor (same file as the new nation) search the competition and add teams until the correct amount is met. You may want to keep it realistic and say add 2 of the most reputable teams from the division below it but it is up to you.

@MWFC_3 If you need any help with structure stuff I have a google sheets setup I use. I can share it with you if you like.

I was thinking of starting the regional DB thread again this year but it’s mostly covered here anyway.

Edited by nine_iron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...