The match engine still lags with low settings on gtx 850M nvidia card driver and i5-4210H proccecor...its unexpectable...I CANT PLAY THE GAME....I AM SURE THAT THE LAG PROBLEM WILL NOT FIXED AT ALL!!!

I AM DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED...

I BOUGHT THE GAME FOR THE VERY LAST TIME.....

On 24/11/2019 at 10:23, tonypulis said:

The match engine still lags with low settings on gtx 850M nvidia card driver and i5-4210H proccecor...its unexpectable...I CANT PLAY THE GAME....I AM SURE THAT THE LAG PROBLEM WILL NOT FIXED AT ALL!!!

I AM DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED...

I BOUGHT THE GAME FOR THE VERY LAST TIME.....

Yep. I have raised this with them since FM 17. 

I have even offered to ship my computer directly over to SI HQ. 

1 hour ago, RorysRocketThrow said:

This doesn't work for me I'm afraid, so we need to be careful about a bandwagon type fix here.

Makes no difference to me neither. Something is wrong with the game. I can play FIFA/Madden etc with decent settings yet it can't handle FM 3d engine.

HERE'S THE MAGIC TRICK !!!

1. Navigate to C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020

(AppData folder is usually hidden, you should either make hidden folders visible, or you can navigate to it directly through the address bar)

2. Delete the 'Cache' folder

3. Delete the 'Preferences' folder

4. Restart FM20

5. Don't forget to redo your preferences within the game

6. You're welcome ;)

10 hours ago, Haiku said:

1. Navigate to C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020

(AppData folder is usually hidden, you should either make hidden folders visible, or you can navigate to it directly through the address bar)

4. Restart FM20

6. You're welcome ;)

Does not work...

11 hours ago, Haiku said:

4. Restart FM20

6. You're welcome ;)

That was the fix for the 1 star graphic rating bug I believe. 

Yeah 

There's clearly an issue with NVIDIA cards, it's been a long running problem here.

Last year, in one of the fixes, they actually did solve this problem completely and people have said the Beta version was smooth ... I didn't find it to be, I have to say.

But yeah I think it's definitely an NVIDIA thing ... so hopefully the lads are working on it.

47 minutes ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Yeah 

There's clearly an issue with NVIDIA cards, it's been a long running problem here.

Last year, in one of the fixes, they actually did solve this problem completely and people have said the Beta version was smooth ... I didn't find it to be, I have to say.

But yeah I think it's definitely an NVIDIA thing ... so hopefully the lads are working on it.

It is not, I have seen several (including myself) with Radeon card.

1 hour ago, LaytonBhoy said:

Yeah 

I have a Radeon and suffer lag.

We have to be careful that we aren't making sweeping statements about graphics cards or skins that fix the problem because it won't help the devs to fix the issue.

Mines is really bad at times, was fine mostly in the beta. I can gona few games with it acceptable and then sometimes it is terrible with the lag

im hopeless with computing terminology etc, but i have an:

AMD A10-6700 APU with radeon Hd graphics (4 CPUs)3.76Ghz

now i dont know what that means beyond the manufacturers name and the PC is around 4 years old but it ran FM19 on 5 stars and high settings flawless and now ive 1 star and experiencing bad lag a lot of the time

So everyone in here cleared cache and it didn't help? I frequently have such issues with match jittering and clearing cache always work. Surprised that doesn't help any of you too.

This is incredible. In the 2019 version some of us really thought we'd narrowed this down to a NVIDIA issue.

Haiku, I've seen that solution work mate.

I've also seen SI Games suggestion of turning off Core 0 when playing the game do some good.

Really odd this one, it's persistent, like the flu.

Ever bloody evolving and hard to grab hold of.

7 hours ago, RorysRocketThrow said:

I have a Radeon and suffer lag.

We have to be careful that we aren't making sweeping statements about graphics cards or skins that fix the problem because it won't help the devs to fix the issue.

SI staff did say the info about the skins matches up with the work that they're doing, so it wasn't for nothing, it did help.  

It's just a temporary solution until it gets permanently fixed, I'm sure we're all aware of that, both the SI staff and the forum users.

Edited by Elise