Sports Interactive Community
Guarnere

Screen flickers when FM2020 is in focus, caused by Freesync (G-Sync compatible monitor)

Summary: Every time FM2020 runs and is in focus, my screen starts flickering.

Description of Issue: Issue is caused by Freesync on a G-Sync compatible monitor (MSI Optix MAG271CQR). My monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz and G-Sync is on, so it should always match the game's refresh rate. Whenever I turn G-Sync off, the flickering stops. It's not so much that the screen turns on and off or anything, it appears just to slightly change brightness with every frame update.

Steps to Reproduce: Buy an MSI Optix MAG271CQR, hook it up to a desktop computer with an nVidia graphics card, turn on G-Sync and run Football Manager 2020.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud: Cannot capture this issue as it's only visible on my screen, screen recording programs would not show it.

Okay we'll investigate the issue, thanks for taking the time to raise it here. 

This is something we've been made aware of as said and we are investigating.

Thanks. 

It might be better if in the public beta build, but the best bet is turning g-sync or free-sync off for FM in the graphics control panel, as it would be of no added benefit for the game anyway

I recently got a new laptop with G-sync but unfortunately I'm having issues myself. The graphics card is an NVIDIA GTX 1070 and I can confirm I have not encountered problems on other games. This laptop should easily be capable of playing on High graphics quality.

Turning off G-sync has not made a difference. The only way I can stop the flickering is by changing the render quality to "very low". If this is set any higher the problem occurs right away. 

Please find attached 2 images of before and after. 

2020-07-04.png (Render quality - Very Low) 

2020-07-04 (1).png (Render quality - Low)

Any suggestions or answers on how I can fix this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2020-07-04.png

2020-07-04 (1).png

Can I get you to post your system dxdiag file, please: 

On 06/07/2020 at 11:26, Kyle Brown said:

Can I get you to post your system dxdiag file, please: 

Apologies for the delay, I have been away and only returned home today.

Please find the file attached. If you can have a look at this, I'd be grateful. 

DxDiag.txt

Do you have any custom add-ons installed at all?

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Do you have any custom add-ons installed at all?

None at all. Fresh install on my new laptop. I tried re installing the game as well. 

Are you connected to any external monitors?

Can I get you to reinstall your Nvidia card and follow the link below to ensure the latest one is installed, and the delete both your cache and preferences folder.

Apologies I don't have a concrete solution for you yet, it's just a difficult issue to solve without direct access to your machine. 

14 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Are you connected to any external monitors?

Can I get you to reinstall your Nvidia card and follow the link below to ensure the latest one is installed, and the delete both your cache and preferences folder.

Apologies I don't have a concrete solution for you yet, it's just a difficult issue to solve without direct access to your machine. 

Yes I have been connected to an external monitor but I have also had the same results when disconnected, using my laptop screen.

Just reinstalled my Nvidia card (latest update) and deleted the cache/preferences folder but unfortunately still no luck. 

Can you make sure that your window system is up-to-date, please?

On 16/07/2020 at 09:45, Jimmy Wong said:

Can you make sure that your window system is up-to-date, please?

All up to date but still the same.