Board giving input to player purchase

Just had a 1.5M bid rejected for a youngster from Liverpool youth and on the rejection screen, there was a note from the Board that since this would be a big purchase( ??), did I want their help with negotiation?  OK, so I clicked the option and it took me to the board request page where the only option was to ask for more transfer funds? ( Interestingly although having 20+M in the fund, they turned me down saying they couldn't possibly fund such a deal!)

Anyone else come across this and is it working as intended or bugged?

I think you just try to make another bid for the player and there should be an option on the left hand side that says: As this would be an important transfer for the club, it might be appropriate to ask the board to negotiate the transfer for you

Don't recall ever seeing the news item though

8 minutes ago, waldywaldy said:

I think you just try to make another bid for the player and there should be an option on the left hand side that says: As this would be an important transfer for the club, it might be appropriate to ask the board to negotiate the transfer for you

Don't recall ever seeing the news item though

That was what the message said but it was in the rejection screen and when I clicked on that message , it took me to the board request option for more transfer funds,  as I indicated before- confused