[FM20] Canadian Megapatch

Il 1/4/2020 in 02:55 , yellowsweatygorilla ha scritto:

Winning the league qualifies you for CONCACAF League not CONCACAF Champions League. You need to win the Canadian Championship or be top 6 inthe CL to qualfiy for CCL>

Ok but, as you can see in my first screen, FM tell me I qualified to CONCACAF Champions League, not CONCACAF League. In  addition  to this, I played in no continental competition.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/04/2020 at 06:26, PaMi 7 said:

Ok but, as you can see in my first screen, FM tell me I qualified to CONCACAF Champions League, not CONCACAF League. In  addition  to this, I played in no continental competition.

What first screen? Did you win the Canadian Championship or get top 6 in CL?

Il 23/3/2020 in 20:02 , PaMi 7 ha scritto:

Info Team.png

Albo d'oro.png

These screen: in the first, you can see Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League.

In the second one, you can see my team is winner's last season of CPL.

I won Spring season so I qualfied to CPL Finals then I won CPL Finals.

Edited by PaMi 7

On 05/04/2020 at 15:17, PaMi 7 said:

These screen: in the first, you can see Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League.

In the second one, you can see my team is winner's last season of CPL.

I won Spring season so I qualfied to CPL Finals then I won CPL Finals.

Did you use a different database file? The reason I ask is I never ended up renaming the CCL. So if you used my file, it should just appear as North American Champ League?

And either way, even if that display shows CCL, it's wrong, as winning the CPL will only qualify you to CL not CCL.

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

2 hours ago, Inthor said:

Why did Edmonton win the league in 2000, since it started in 2019?

Is there any way to fix and leave only the champion of 2019?

Screenshot_3.png

It's for proper placement of 2019 Canadian championship teams as these 3 teams were the first to register and thus started play in the second round. There is a way around it but I am not feeling too bothered to change it 

3 hours ago, Number seven said:

Do the newest version work with Uncle Sams DB?

Assuming you use my Continental file it should be compatible. That said you do lose the dynamic reputation changes for leagues. The trouble is that I have no way  to have the Canadian championship qualify for the default champions league as it's hard coded. And so I had to make the Champions League from scratch. 

If you don't care about having the 2020 Canadian championship format or having Ottawa play in that cup in the future I suppose you can just deactivate the voyageurs cup and Continental file. That should make it perfectly compatible

11 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Assuming you use my Continental file it should be compatible. That said you do lose the dynamic reputation changes for leagues. The trouble is that I have no way  to have the Canadian championship qualify for the default champions league as it's hard coded. And so I had to make the Champions League from scratch. 

If you don't care about having the 2020 Canadian championship format or having Ottawa play in that cup in the future I suppose you can just deactivate the voyageurs cup and Continental file. That should make it perfectly compatible

So your saying just use the 2.21 file do not use voyageurs cup file or anything else in ur zip file

17 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

So your saying just use the 2.21 file do not use voyageurs cup file or anything else in ur zip file

Yea, again assuming you don't care that you'll be stuck with the 2019 Canadian Championship format without Atletico Ottawa and with Ottawa Fury instead.

23 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:Yea, again assuming you don't care that you'll be stuck with the 2019 Canadian Championship format without Atletico Ottawa and with Ottawa Fury instead.

Oh so if we want athletico Ottawa it’s just the 2.21 file nothing file if it’s without then it’s the other two files plus plus 2.21 gotcha.. I had it backwards lol I was using all 3 but if I want Canadian championship and athletico Ottawa just the 2.21 file

Would we need the Voyagers cup and continental cup files if we were also using a file where the North American continental competitions had already been remade or could be remade to include Canada getting places (e.g. i'm specifically thinking about Carlito's CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger file from his UEFA Revival thread on here as i know he has remade the competitions in some form)?

Maany Thanks

Dai

2 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Oh so if we want athletico Ottawa it’s just the 2.21 file nothing file if it’s without then it’s the other two files plus plus 2.21 gotcha.. I had it backwards lol I was using all 3 but if I want Canadian championship and athletico Ottawa just the 2.21 file

No, that's not what I meant.

Canadian Megapatch 2020 2.2.fmf - Canadian Premier League formats with Atletico Ottawa joining in 2020. But if you only select this file, Atletico Ottawa will not show up in the Canadian Championship and the Canadian Championship will be stuck with the 2019 format w/ Ottawa Fury FC.

Canadian Megapatch 2020 - Voyageurs Cup - adds the 2020 CC format, along with Atletico Ottawa joining in 2021.

Canadian Megapatch 2020 - Continental - If you had activated my Voyageur Cup file, allows CC winner to proceed to Champions League.

2 hours ago, Dai35 said:

Would we need the Voyagers cup and continental cup files if we were also using a file where the North American continental competitions had already been remade or could be remade to include Canada getting places (e.g. i'm specifically thinking about Carlito's CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger file from his UEFA Revival thread on here as i know he has remade the competitions in some form)?

Maany Thanks

Dai

You would still need the Voyageurs Cup file if you want the 2020 + 2021 Canadian Championship formats that include Atletico Ottawa.

Otherwise, yes, you can replace the Continental file (this depends on how Carlito sets up qualification.

35 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

No, that's not what I meant.

Canadian Megapatch 2020 2.2.fmf - Canadian Premier League formats with Atletico Ottawa joining in 2020. But if you only select this file, Atletico Ottawa will not show up in the Canadian Championship and the Canadian Championship will be stuck with the 2019 format w/ Ottawa Fury FC.

Canadian Megapatch 2020 - Voyageurs Cup - adds the 2020 CC format, along with Atletico Ottawa joining in 2021.

Canadian Megapatch 2020 - Continental - If you had activated my Voyageur Cup file, allows CC winner to proceed to Champions League.

Thanks understand more 

17 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

You would still need the Voyageurs Cup file if you want the 2020 + 2021 Canadian Championship formats that include Atletico Ottawa.

Otherwise, yes, you can replace the Continental file (this depends on how Carlito sets up qualification.

Thank you for this information.

Having a blast managing in CPL, I used to do club & country saves with TFC and Canada but managing a CPL club is much more fun, and adding @Uncle_Sam excellent USA expansion file also makes the save even more immersive and entertaining (transfers, job offers etc). As I enjoy this so much I would like to raise a couple of very minor bugs/suggestions to fix for the future (maybe for FM 21 as your megapatch is MUCH better than the 'official' SI update :D). Thanks @yellowsweatygorilla

- Cavalry and FC Edmonton reserve teams do play in Alberta MSL but for some reason the stats of players playing for them seem to count for first team (i.e. CPL). Maybe related to this, first team players made available for reserves team aren't able to play for reserves if the match is on the same day of first team (even if they aren't selected for first team), while they are if the game is on a different day.

- Not a bug as I understand CPL don't have youth teams irl, though I think having a very basic youth league with youth teams (maybe U20) of every CPL club would help a lot in FM (develop young players, have youth intake in the youth team, or simply put transfer listed players there). I'm actually managing Cavalry just because of their U21 squad :D

- Also not a bug, but with the season starting in april there are a few 'empty' months with no competition. Uncle Sam's USA files include a few pre-season short tournaments (in february) for most clubs in MLS/USL (they're friendly and regarded as such, but do count as competitive games in players stats). I guess canadian clubs don't have things like that irl, though would be nice to have it in FM (maybe including USA clubs depending on geographical criteria).

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Having a blast managing in CPL, I used to do club & country saves with TFC and Canada but managing a CPL club is much more fun, and adding @Uncle_Sam excellent USA expansion file also makes the save even more immersive and entertaining (transfers, job offers etc). As I enjoy this so much I would like to raise a couple of very minor bugs/suggestions to fix for the future (maybe for FM 21 as your megapatch is MUCH better than the 'official' SI update :D). Thanks @yellowsweatygorilla

- Cavalry and FC Edmonton reserve teams do play in Alberta MSL but for some reason the stats of players playing for them seem to count for first team (i.e. CPL). Maybe related to this, first team players made available for reserves team aren't able to play for reserves if the match is on the same day of first team (even if they aren't selected for first team), while they are if the game is on a different day.

- Not a bug as I understand CPL don't have youth teams irl, though I think having a very basic youth league with youth teams (maybe U20) of every CPL club would help a lot in FM (develop young players, have youth intake in the youth team, or simply put transfer listed players there). I'm actually managing Cavalry just because of their U21 squad :D

- Also not a bug, but with the season starting in april there are a few 'empty' months with no competition. Uncle Sam's USA files include a few pre-season short tournaments (in february) for most clubs in MLS/USL (they're friendly and regarded as such, but do count as competitive games in players stats). I guess canadian clubs don't have things like that irl, though would be nice to have it in FM (maybe including USA clubs depending on geographical criteria).

Answer for you... 

#2 and #3 can be fixed... I can do that... well #2 i can fix... as far as #3 goes in pre-season you can schedule a League cup which is a 3 day event of which you can give try out players a look and such... However I had a new addon thanks to you yellow helping with it for his file which I can share in the thread in a sec just want to go ahead and fix the U20 thing that you had mentioned so that I can include that as well

On 07/04/2020 at 19:30, yellowsweatygorilla said:

So if I use your Canadian Megapatch 2.2 file with your continental file, your voyageurs cup file and Uncle Sam's US expansion DB there will be no dynamic league rep for any of the Canadian leagues, including the Canadian PL? If so, why is that?

Because I'm wanting to start a save with Mont-Royal Outremont and try to win the Canadian Championship with them, so I can play continental football with them, and then potentially leave to manage a team in the Canadian PL and try to go as far as possible with them, but if the reputation of the Canadian PL is unable to increase (and make it compete with the Mexican and US leagues one day) and if the reputation of the PLSQ is unable to increase then this save seems less possible or enjoyable.

On 07/04/2020 at 19:30, yellowsweatygorilla said:

So if I use your Canadian Megapatch 2.2 file with your continental file, your voyageurs cup file and Uncle Sam's US expansion DB there will be no dynamic league rep for any of the Canadian leagues, including the Canadian PL? If so, why is that?

Because I'm wanting to start a save with Mont-Royal Outremont and try to win the Canadian Championship with them, so I can play continental football with them, and then potentially leave to manage a team in the Canadian PL and try to go as far as possible with them, but if the reputation of the Canadian PL is unable to increase (and make it compete with the Mexican and US leagues one day) and if the reputation of the PLSQ is unable to increase then this save seems less possible or enjoyable.

42 minutes ago, letissierandhenryaregreat said:

It's possible and can be very enjoyable :D. League reputation might not increase but club reputation does so you have every chance to develop your club. A big factor of my successful Edmonton save was poaching players from minor US academies (here's a screenshot of my top striker), now I've started a save with Cavalry also using the USA expansion which makes CPL even more fun and dynamic :thup:.

1446626086_FCEdmonton_Fixtures.thumb.png.83c7754ef5777c14dff71d71b14f5750.png 1947115904_DaleHarvey_Attributes.thumb.png.3b0087a2496ee4b60d9cdc3676106773.png

Edited by kandersson

It's possible and can be very enjoyable :D. League reputation might not increase but club reputation does so you have every chance to develop your club. A big factor of my successful Edmonton save was poaching players from minor US academies (here's a screenshot of my top striker), now I've started a save with Cavalry also using the USA expansion which makes CPL even more fun and dynamic :thup:.

1446626086_FCEdmonton_Fixtures.thumb.png.83c7754ef5777c14dff71d71b14f5750.png 1947115904_DaleHarvey_Attributes.thumb.png.3b0087a2496ee4b60d9cdc3676106773.png

Kanderson...

Attached to this post is a database of Yellows that he was working on a project and I had added to it... I am still trying to work on the playoffs for it but right now the CIS (U-Sports are added to it if you wanted to start a file even though your in 2021... This has all of the OUA West and East from Ontario, the Quebec University all the Universities to the West as well.. Depending on the league your in they could play anywhere from 10 to 16 games in the CIS.

Canadian Megapatch 2.1.fmf

Being from a CPL town i thought i would bring back FC Montreal in the USL work up to getting a USL championship and then going USL. It is interesting how for example NHL has their AHL development teams and MLS some have USL development teams and brought FC Montreal back since Ottawa fury folded for CPL and I am having a blast with this and soon to move up to CPL when my town team becomes availible

53 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Kanderson...

Attached to this post is a database of Yellows that he was working on a project and I had added to it... I am still trying to work on the playoffs for it but right now the CIS (U-Sports are added to it if you wanted to start a file even though your in 2021... This has all of the OUA West and East from Ontario, the Quebec University all the Universities to the West as well.. Depending on the league your in they could play anywhere from 10 to 16 games in the CIS.

Canadian Megapatch 2.1.fmf 1.04 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks, will give it a go!

Despite not having any connection with Canada I have a weird sympathy for your country mainly because of sports (started with Toronto Raptors, then TFC not to mention the great Steve Nash!), made even stronger by FM :D. I was very excited about SI acquiring CPL license though their official DB is somewhat disappointing atm. Luckily Yellow's megapatch is great, plus the USA expansion provided by Uncle Sam adds the unique american structure with all the minor leagues and DA. Honestly these files are the main reason I'm still playing FM atm...

4 hours ago, kandersson said:

Despite not having any connection with Canada I have a weird sympathy for your country mainly because of sports (started with Toronto Raptors, then TFC not to mention the great Steve Nash!), made even stronger by FM :D. I was very excited about SI acquiring CPL license though their official DB is somewhat disappointing atm. Luckily Yellow's megapatch is great, plus the USA expansion provided by Uncle Sam adds the unique american structure with all the minor leagues and DA. Honestly these files are the main reason I'm still playing FM atm...

Can you play with yellow megapatch using the USA expansion provided by Uncle Sam without any errors in competitions?

3 hours ago, Inthor said:

Can you play with yellow megapatch using the USA expansion provided by Uncle Sam without any errors in competitions?

Yes, I'm now in my third season managing Cavalry FC and never had any issue.

14 hours ago, kandersson said:

Yah I did a save with Montreal impact academy... 50 games a season not too bad..

I’m going to work on creating a u18 CPL league in the database... it’s gonna have all 8 u18 even though Ottawa does not join until 2020... it’s going to be 5 games against each team which is 35 7 more then CPL but ohh well more fun

14 hours ago, kandersson said:

On this database.. The U18 league is not setup quite yet however the CPL Teams do have friendlies and you can schedule friendlies against the other U18 squads to make up for the league temp until the U18 league is created...

Also anyone else plan on using the Yellow and uncle sam database... Just know you get 2 youth intakes a year... MLS (Vancouver, TSS, FC Manitoba, Toronto FC, Montreal Impact) their youth intake is January 1st to 3rd roughly each year and then Canada (CPL, and all of Yellows leagues are August)

Canadian Megapatch 2.1.fmf

Edited by Fmfan00

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Neste banco de dados .. A liga U18 ainda não está configurada, no entanto, as equipes da CPL têm amistosos e você pode agendar amistosos contra os outros esquadrões da U18 para compensar a temperatura da liga até a criação da liga U18 ...

Além disso, qualquer outra pessoa planeja usar o banco de dados Yellow and uncle sam ... Apenas saiba que você recebe duas entradas de jovens por ano ... MLS (Vancouver, TSS, FC Manitoba, Toronto FC, Montreal Impact) sua ingestão de jovens é de 1 a 3 de janeiro aproximadamente a cada ano e depois no Canadá (CPL e todas as ligas de amarelos são agosto)

Canadian Megapatch 2.1.fmf 1.04 MB · 0 downloads

Why didn't you make these changes on top of patch 2.2 of yellow?

3 hours ago, Inthor said:

Why didn't you make these changes on top of patch 2.2 of yellow?

Inthor.. 

Yellow helped with the CIS stuff I did the U18 teams he has been very busy and did not have time.. If there is an updated verison of the database I can go ahead and add these into it if there is a newer verison

kandersson

I went and started a new save with the U18's and my U18 got invited to a Brazil Cup in September 2019 with 4-5 reserve teams :O nervous we shall see how we go lol

Edited by Fmfan00

3 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

Dentro .. 

Yellow ajudou com as coisas da CEI. Eu fiz as equipes dos Sub-18. Ele esteve muito ocupado e não teve tempo. Se houver uma versão atualizada do banco de dados, eu posso ir em frente e adicioná-los a ele, se houver uma versão mais recente.

kandersson

Eu fui e comecei uma nova defesa com os Sub-18 e meu Sub-18 foi convidado para uma Copa do Brasil em setembro de 2019 com 4-5 equipes de reserva: O nervoso, vamos ver como vamos lol

He put new version in their website: http://yellowsweatygorilla.com/2019/11/23/canadian-megapatch-2020/

This version fix some bugs....

Edited by Inthor

Until the CIS can be fixed in the database with the merging 

I have gone ahead and temp uploaded the V2.2 of Yellows database

http://yellowsweatygorilla.com/2019/11/23/canadian-megapatch-2020/

Version 2.2 Additions:
-Fixed major bug where incorrect numbers of American and Mexican teams get selected for the CCL when these leagues are activated
-Roster updates

The only change that I have made to this database was I had added the U18 to the CPL teams so that those who like to play CPL can have their U18 play friendlies too

Canadian Megapatch 2020 2.2.fmf

Edited by Fmfan00

On 18/04/2020 at 07:35, Bigpole said:

No hijacking someones work anymore, it's the author's job to fix problems and share files. So I have to hide some of posts above.

I appreciate you stepping in, but in this case FMFAN00 had asked me for permission, so I am happy to allow them to play w/ my file to their liking.

On 15/04/2020 at 12:40, letissierandhenryaregreat said:

In FM19 after extensive testing, we concluded that dynamic league rep was tied to continental league. In Uncle's FM19 patch, he had a custom continental file that included specific qualification rules for every single country. That seemed to allow for dynamic rep. The issue is that unless you had custom db files for every single CONCACAF league, setting up the CCL that way would just lead to the same teams being drawn every year. The option I provided last year was a customized version of Uncle's continental file that made my Canadian leagues compatible - but this is not the case with FM20 as Uncle has decided just go to with the default db CONCACAF continental leagues.

That's why I recommend if you are satisfied with being stuck with the 2019 Voyageurs Cup format to just not activate that and the continental file. 

On 14/04/2020 at 16:29, kandersson said:

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding 2 and 3, unfortunately, I am sticking with what we have IRL. That said, for two preseasons in a roll, certain CanPL clubs seem to have gone to the Dominican so maybe i can set up a cup there that randomly draws CanPL teams.

As for AMSL, thanks for the heads up. I will look into it.

57 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I appreciate you stepping in, but in this case FMFAN00 had asked me for permission, so I am happy to allow them to play w/ my file to their liking.

already sorted mate, but thanks for clarification nevertheless :thup: 

6 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding 2 and 3, unfortunately, I am sticking with what we have IRL. That said, for two preseasons in a roll, certain CanPL clubs seem to have gone to the Dominican so maybe i can set up a cup there that randomly draws CanPL teams.

As for AMSL, thanks for the heads up. I will look into it.

Yellow.. With all sports shut down there has been alot of soccer on TV... I was able to watch the 2018 TFC vs Tigers Concaaf League Championship Quarter Finals legs 1 and 2... My question is I know the CONCAAF Canadian Championship is all CPL and MLS and such. The League Championship is for the team who wins the Canadina Championship correct? Just trying to get more understanding while I'm able to pick up all of these games on TV

On 16/04/2020 at 00:32, kandersson said:

Kanderson..

If you can add these to your game if you ever restart.. Along with my U18 Squad which I just added the database below my CPL U18 squad even though I have not been able to get the U18 league yet my U18 squad was just invited to a Cup in China

image.thumb.png.e3348c1a8bb47e9a63ecca7030701ba7.png

In the 2.2.1 I have added CIS awards also have added the League rules for CIS so no Over 23 and max roster of 40 Players. Each CIS league has MVP, Coach, Rookie of the year, Golden Boot and the Best XI. Still working on the U18 League and the CIS Playoffs

Canadian Megapatch 2020.2.2.1.fmf

Just now, Fmfan00 said:

Kanderson..

If you can add these to your game if you ever restart.. Along with my U18 Squad which I just added the database below my CPL U18 squad even though I have not been able to get the U18 league yet my U18 squad was just invited to a Cup in China

image.thumb.png.e3348c1a8bb47e9a63ecca7030701ba7.png

In the 2.2.1 I have added CIS awards also have added the League rules for CIS so no Over 23 and max roster of 40 Players. Each CIS league has MVP, Coach, Rookie of the year, Golden Boot and the Best XI. Still working on the U18 League and the CIS Playoffs

Canadian Megapatch 2020.2.2.1.fmf 631.87 kB · 0 downloads

80 Teams too bad we couldn't play as our U18 squads that would be an amazing tournament to play in

On 20/04/2020 at 21:25, Fmfan00 said:

Yellow.. With all sports shut down there has been alot of soccer on TV... I was able to watch the 2018 TFC vs Tigers Concaaf League Championship Quarter Finals legs 1 and 2... My question is I know the CONCAAF Canadian Championship is all CPL and MLS and such. The League Championship is for the team who wins the Canadina Championship correct? Just trying to get more understanding while I'm able to pick up all of these games on TV

There is no such thing as CONCACAF Canadian Championship.

Canadian Championship is the domestic cup played between Canadian MLS, CanPL, and champions of L1O/PLSQ. The winner qualifies for CONCACAF Champion's League

The league champion of CanPL qualifies for the confusingly named Concacaf League. The top 6 of this tournament qualifies for the following CONCACAF Champion's League.

Thank you so much for all the work you've put on this Canadian Megapatch project yellowsweatygorilla, it's the best.

Fmfan00: I'm going to try your latest CIS file edit. I've really wanted that, thanks for doing it.

Oh, and here, if anone wanted to add the North Star Shield:

20502998.png