Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
django_z

Mac - 1 star graphics? - looks awful in 3D match engine

I've been playing FM on my iMac (Radeon HD 5750, i7 2.93 GHz) for a few years and it's always looked pretty good in the 3D match engine, but 2020 looks really, really bad. Super pixelated, muddy kind of rendering of the players. I've never seen FM look like this.

It recommended low and 1 star settings. I tried going up to medium and it looked even worse. 

Any ideas of what to do? I'm on the 20.1.4 patch.

P.S. I loaded up FM18 and I have 5 stars for graphics on the same computer, and I was playing in high and it looked very good. What happened with FM 2020? I understand that my computer is old, but why did FM 18 look so good on the same computer and FM 20 looks so bad?

3 hours ago, bitzu_rock said:

I also had 5/5 stars on FM 2019 and now i have 3/5 stars on 3D graphics, on same laptop.

Yeah, there clearly seems to be an issue where FM isn't recognizing or taking advantage of the graphics card. It isn't just the star rating.

I've been playing FM for 8 years and the 3D match looks by far the worst with FM 2020. Something is up. Hope it gets a fix soon, I love playing FM. 

9 hours ago, django_z said:

Yeah, there clearly seems to be an issue where FM isn't recognizing or taking advantage of the graphics card. It isn't just the star rating.

I've been playing FM for 8 years and the 3D match looks by far the worst with FM 2020. Something is up. Hope it gets a fix soon, I love playing FM. 

Yes, i also like playing it...on FM18 and FM19 i had 3D - 5/5 stars rating...now.... :( and i have all the updates and the graphic card i set to be used for FM20