Sports Interactive Community
Johnsey

Stadium Expansion - £42m for 6k seats?

Hi, 

Board have just announced they will increase our seating capacity at the stadium by around 6-7k seats and that it will cost £42m to do so.

This seems a tad expensive?

stadium expansion.png

Hi @Johnsey

Whilst the stadium capacity mightn't be increased drastically, the money could also be going into more general renovations - does your Stadium Condition rating on Facilities page increase upon completion of the works?

1 hour ago, Andrew James said:

Hi @Johnsey

Whilst the stadium capacity mightn't be increased drastically, the money could also be going into more general renovations - does your Stadium Condition rating on Facilities page increase upon completion of the works?

Hi Andrew,

I've not played much since posting that actually, so the works are about 2 months into the project which is set to be completed at the end of the season (I assume to not interfere with matches).

However, the current condition of the stadium is 'Very Good' and the pitch condition 'Perfect'.

I've looked into this a bit further and found that the Main Stand redevelopment at Anfield, which added around 8,400 seats cost the club £75M to construct. 

So based off this example, and given Ibrox would also require a similarly large overhaul to make room for the extra seats, I'd say the £42M figure is probably fair enough after all :)