Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Senak

Determination dropping due to "Less Desirable Characteristics"

Recommended Posts

My squad started with the season with almost all of my guys over 10 determination and most of them sitting around 14, but over the season they've been regularly dropping in determination because of Less Desirable Characteristics. The squads personalities are usually balanced or fairly determined or fairly proffessional so I have no idea why it should be going down. Any ideas on why it could be happening?

I also don't think it's due to the recent hotfix as the players are slowly decreasing and it's not a mega jump by a few points

 

determination.PNG

Edited by Senak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is younger player's being influenced by more senior players that have lower Determination than them. If you want to avoid or curate a player's personality development, try putting them in Mentoring groups with appropriate senior pros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looks like it might be a bit oversensitive if they're getting consistent drops when most of the squad is in a narrow above average range, unless all the Team Leaders and Influential Players are the three guys with Determination in the 4-8 range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Still looks like it might be a bit oversensitive if they're getting consistent drops when most of the squad is in a narrow above average range, unless all the Team Leaders and Influential Players are the three guys with Determination in the 4-8 range.

Only 1 of the 8 determination is a team leader along with a 13 and another 8 determination in highly influention with 4 others above 10. I'm thinking it's a bit strong myself but I'm going to try mentor some of them and see if it starts picking up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in the FM19 threads on this determination drop, several users pointed out that determination would drop/increase in whole integers rather than increments of 0.1 or 0.2 as per attribute development, thus seeming very overpowered. What's the reasoning behind that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2019 at 19:20, enigmatic said:

Still looks like it might be a bit oversensitive if they're getting consistent drops when most of the squad is in a narrow above average range, unless all the Team Leaders and Influential Players are the three guys with Determination in the 4-8 range.

i proved that this squad dynamic personality change mechanic doesn't work long term in fm 20 through a test i did ... and this doesn't only happen with determination but also professionalism and ambition that are the most important 3 personality attributes that make a player progress faster ... and have given a great solution in the last comment of my post ... yet SI does not want to anwser so im collecting likes on the post to make the problem more noticed ... maybe @Seb Wassell will then take the time to review the facts ... here is the post i mentioned:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2019 at 20:45, Senak said:

Only 1 of the 8 determination is a team leader along with a 13 and another 8 determination in highly influention with 4 others above 10. I'm thinking it's a bit strong myself but I'm going to try mentor some of them and see if it starts picking up

Do you have any specific examples?

Players specifically take after other players, not a squad average, so if that Team Leader and Highly Influential player are the ones that other players are looking to it is possible they are responsible for numerous personality shifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PAPA Edien said:

i proved that this squad dynamic personality change mechanic doesn't work long term in fm 20 through a test i did ... and this doesn't only happen with determination but also professionalism and ambition that are the most important 3 personality attributes that make a player progress faster ... and have given a great solution in the last comment of my post ... yet SI does not want to anwser so im collecting likes on the post to make the problem more noticed ... maybe @Seb Wassell will then take the time to review the facts ... here is the post i mentioned:

 

Please do not hijack other threads to promote an agenda. This is the bugs area, where we require specific examples of issues. Whilst discussion and speculation is all good elsewhere it often only serves to cloud the issue here.

A member of the team responsible for this area will review your post when they are able. The clearer, more objectively an issue is presented the easier it is to review and identify potential bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Please do not hijack other threads to promote an agenda. This is the bugs area, where we require specific examples of issues. Whilst discussion and speculation is all good elsewhere it often only serves to cloud the issue here.

A member of the team responsible for this area will review your post when they are able. The clearer, more objectively an issue is presented the easier it is to review and identify potential bugs.

i understand and i am sorry but the fact of the matter is that i have given you the data(uploaded saves) and have given you examples and showed you how this mechanic works(or doesn't work) longterm in the game yet i did not get a reply and i was getting frustrated as this was one of the main issues that made fm 19 unplayable for me ... i can't just let this "broken mechanic" slide this time as i want what is best for the future of this game ... but i do understand that hijacking other peoples threads is wrong and won't be doing this again(just to make it clear i only posted my post here because this persons problem is directly linked with my post) ...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2019 at 13:21, Seb Wassell said:

Do you have any specific examples?

Players specifically take after other players, not a squad average, so if that Team Leader and Highly Influential player are the ones that other players are looking to it is possible they are responsible for numerous personality shifts.

Atherton I've only had for a year but he's dropped 3 points in determination, in fairness both my team leaders were lower than him at about 8 and 13 determination but it feels a bit extreme.

Harkin has been here 2 years and dropped 2 points, the first year I'm not sure of the Team Leaders but in the second there was the 8 and 13 (same as above) but he still fell, so I'm guessing he liked the one that had 8.

Craig is a player who has slightly gone up, same Team Leaders as Harkin but it's strange that he's so slow compare to the steep drop of the others. I don't have too many players that increase as I usually focus on getting high determination players.

This season I've sold my 8 determination team leader and I'll post anything I notice from that (just started the season). I appreciate the answer back, I'm not positive it is a bug just trying to rule it out as it does seem more focused in reducing the attribute than increasing.

Player1.PNG

Player2.PNG

Player3.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Senak said:
Spoiler

 

Atherton I've only had for a year but he's dropped 3 points in determination, in fairness both my team leaders were lower than him at about 8 and 13 determination but it feels a bit extreme.

Harkin has been here 2 years and dropped 2 points, the first year I'm not sure of the Team Leaders but in the second there was the 8 and 13 (same as above) but he still fell, so I'm guessing he liked the one that had 8.

Craig is a player who has slightly gone up, same Team Leaders as Harkin but it's strange that he's so slow compare to the steep drop of the others. I don't have too many players that increase as I usually focus on getting high determination players.

This season I've sold my 8 determination team leader and I'll post anything I notice from that (just started the season). I appreciate the answer back, I'm not positive it is a bug just trying to rule it out as it does seem more focused in reducing the attribute than increasing.

Player1.PNG

Player2.PNG

 

Cheers. It certainly appears to be those leaders influencing these young players. Moving on that Team Leader with poor Determination sounds like a good step towards getting the average moving upwards.

Let me know how you find it over the medium to long term :thup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...