Sports Interactive Community

Graphics on highest settings. What are these dark spots on the ground? Is it the pitch trying to look worn? Because it looks really odd

Ruining immersion seeing these dark small patches all over the pitch

what.png

I thinks its their idea of worn, its the must ridiculous and ugly thing i ever seen on my life, i literally had a player that was running and making spots on the field...

The black spots on the pitch awful and it is a change by SI Games that has ruined FM20. It is ridiculous that some of the best pitches in the world are covered in black spots in the summer. I could understand the black spots in the winter for non league clubs but the pitch visuals/graphics have totally ruined the user experience and match engine of FM20.

I hope that other people comment on this so that SI Games improve the pitch graphics/visuals ASAP.

It's pitch degradation but it will be toned down on high-quality pitches and longer highlight modes in the next update.

@Jack Joyce Thank you for your reply on this topic. I´m sure that the vast majority of people that play FM would agree that the pitch degradation, in particular the black spots all over the pitches, has significantly reduced the quality of the match engine and the game as a whole but I (and many other FM20 game players) are glad that SI has taken the comments on the forum on board and will make improvements to the pitch visuals/graphics in the next update.

You have stated that the pitch degradation (black spots) it will be toned down on high-quality pitches and longer highlight modes. However, as the current pitch visuals and pitch degradation graphics make every pitch on FM20 look like a non league pitch from the 70s and 80´s, I would like to suggest that reducing the pitch degradation (black spots)  should be applied to all of the top 4 divisions of English football and that the pitch degradation would realistically only occur in the months of November to February at clubs in Northern Europe and USA etc.

I also hope that the pitch degradation will be significantly toned down for all highlight and camera modes, not just the longer highlight modes.

Also, I hope that the pitch visuals/pitch degradation will better show weather conditions such as snow and rain and how these weather conditions affect passing accuracy, passing tempo and the condition of the players.