Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
tariq13

Is it Possible to Change Things Hard Coded Into the Game?

I've been trying to create the lower leagues of the United States and running into some major problems. I can't even get the second division to begin, even in the most simplest of way (ie, just a structure where every team plays each team once and that's it). Still won't start. I'm starting to wonder if there are some things hard coded into the game for the United States. I know there's a number of things like this in the game (ex, MLS Draft, Expansion Drafts). I'd like to find out if I'm trying to do something that is literally not possible in the game. Is there a way to change things that are hard coded? For example, can I open the coding of the database and poke around and see if I can make sense of it? What applications could I use for that? I tried opening the files in basic text editors, but what shows up isn't helpful and is not actual computer code. Basically, it can't read the file. Just curious if other people do things like this and if I can learn more about it. Frankly, I'm getting fed up with the game already and it's only been out two days, but this is the same problem I had with FM19 and barely played it because of that.

You could recreated the US in CIS but that would loose other hardcoded things top.

Hard coded means cannot be changed in the editor, if you can change it then its not hard coded.

Its sad this is stopping you playing so I hope you can solve it.

17 hours ago, tariq13 said:

I've been trying to create the lower leagues of the United States and running into some major problems. I can't even get the second division to begin, even in the most simplest of way (ie, just a structure where every team plays each team once and that's it). Still won't start. I'm starting to wonder if there are some things hard coded into the game for the United States. I know there's a number of things like this in the game (ex, MLS Draft, Expansion Drafts). I'd like to find out if I'm trying to do something that is literally not possible in the game. Is there a way to change things that are hard coded? For example, can I open the coding of the database and poke around and see if I can make sense of it? What applications could I use for that? I tried opening the files in basic text editors, but what shows up isn't helpful and is not actual computer code. Basically, it can't read the file. Just curious if other people do things like this and if I can learn more about it. Frankly, I'm getting fed up with the game already and it's only been out two days, but this is the same problem I had with FM19 and barely played it because of that.

If you save your editor file as an .xml (rather than a .fmf) you can look at the code in Notepad (or any other text editor).

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

If you save your editor file as an .xml (rather than a .fmf) you can look at the code in Notepad (or any other text editor).

Ah yes! That's what I was hoping to do. Did not know about saving as .xml. Thanks!