Lennons 4-4-2

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my trouble with Sunderland in FM19. Getting them to the top 4 in the Premier League was easy but I never thought we were established. Our best players were from the top teams they no longer wanted, we could not compete for the best players. After winning the Premier League and Champions League you should be a little closer, but you will never touch Man City I think.

Edited by andysafc

1 hour ago, Law_Man said:

Congrats on winning the CL!

Interesting that you're playing Moreno as the Poacher and Haaland as the PF. I would have thought it would be the other way round. What's your thinking behind that?

Also, do you have a link to the badges pack?

i don't have the link, i saw it posted somewhere from a different site

55 minutes ago, andysafc said:

That was my trouble with Sunderland in FM19. Getting them to the top 4 in the Premier League was easy but I never thought we were established. Our best players were from the top teams they no longer wanted, we could not compete for the best players. After winning the Premier League and Champions League you should be a little closer, but you will never touch Man City I think.

yeah that always seems to be the way, can't compete with teams constantly spending 200mil..but hopefully i can develop some wonderkids into world class, either keep them or sell for a high price. the development system has been upgraded this fm, should be fun 

like the look of this tactic just got promoted with Birmingham first season need a major overhaul got around 30m to spend, this is my team which got 9 players in the team of the year in the championship

gk-schubert ,rb colin,cb dean,roberts,lb Pedersen,rw xadas,cm sunjic,crowley/Bellingham lw trincao,cf bozenik,brewster  subs-bela,c.gardner,clark-salter,villalba,harding,j.justin,jutkiewicz

had brewster,clark-salter,j.justin on loan need a lot of players  in any recommendations welcome.

23 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

i don't have the link, i saw it posted somewhere from a different site

yeah that always seems to be the way, can't compete with teams constantly spending 200mil..but hopefully i can develop some wonderkids into world class, either keep them or sell for a high price. the development system has been upgraded this fm, should be fun 

Some of the prices are silly though, my scouts see young players, for example...

A 16 year old valued at say £140,000. His attributes are not good enough to get in my first team (even in Division One) but I can see his potential . I made an offer for him and they wanted £20m for him. If I had £20m I would spend it on something much greater than that. In FM19 I had a 16 year old midfielder (Bali Mumba) valued at £160,000 the board try to sell him for £350,000 to £500,000. I took control of player sales. After 2 seasons in the Premier he is worth £25m. 

6 minutes ago, kroshot said:

like the look of this tactic just got promoted with Birmingham first season need a major overhaul got around 30m to spend, this is my team which got 9 players in the team of the year in the championship

gk-schubert ,rb colin,cb dean,roberts,lb Pedersen,rw xadas,cm sunjic,crowley/Bellingham lw trincao,cf bozenik,brewster  subs-bela,c.gardner,clark-salter,villalba,harding,j.justin,jutkiewicz

had brewster,clark-salter,j.justin on loan need a lot of players  in any recommendations welcome.

Hello Kroshot, I remember you from my older tactics, still using Birmingham....

‘I go to transfers, listed or loan, only players that are interested, pick who you think is best. If you narrow it down to transfer listed players you can get them cheaper.

Just re-read the OP and realised I was making a massive mistake with this tactic

"I use 2 versions named Home - Away. At the start of the season Blyth were sometimes 3/1 for an away game so i went with the Away Tactic. After a few games we became favorites for all games home and away so i have just stuck with the Home tactic. So maybe it should be called Favorites or Underdog.  With Sunderland against Everton i used the Away version had had equal shots as they did but lost 1-0. I thought it was a good performance but my board did not".

i found i was really struggling away from home especially against teams from down the bottom of the league as I was using the away tactic for every away game even when I was favorite FFS

Edited by pablo1983

14 hours ago, andysafc said:

Some of the prices are silly though, my scouts see young players, for example...

A 16 year old valued at say £140,000. His attributes are not good enough to get in my first team (even in Division One) but I can see his potential . I made an offer for him and they wanted £20m for him. If I had £20m I would spend it on something much greater than that. In FM19 I had a 16 year old midfielder (Bali Mumba) valued at £160,000 the board try to sell him for £350,000 to £500,000. I took control of player sales. After 2 seasons in the Premier he is worth £25m. 

It is very realistic, because the other club also see his potential. You can still have him with cheaper price by unsettling the young lad though, which would be very easy to pull off if your club has high enough reputation.

Edited by longruoi1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb miangelo:

is it possible to play with tactical home for away games? Or it is not advisable?

When i think i am better or the opponent leads i switch over to home. Check my results. When i was behind to the Spurs by 3 a switched over to home and got two goals and i think i was missing a penalty too. They couldnt stand a chance after switching. You have to get a feeling for your team and what you can expect.

That is right, there is not always a Set way. You have to go with your own feelings. Some good high scores there. Sometimes it just does not work.

if using the home tactic and cannot score, moving up to Attacking often helps. 

If with the away tactic you look the better team, switch to home tactic.

Edited by andysafc

17 hours ago, miangelo said:

is it possible to play with tactical home for away games? Or it is not advisable?

I would highly recommend using the home tactic in away games if you feel you have a better chance of winning.

as I said....

‘they should be renamed

favourites (home)

underdog (away) 

‘by underdog I mean more than 2/1

so you should only use the away tactic when you are underdog or playing one of the top teams at home.

Edited by andysafc

Still going to the top....after some transfers to have more options on some positions i am second, 3 points behind City and one game in a hand. Also won the League Cup to qualify for EC next season. FA Cup and EC still in the race.

These are my additions to the squad.

5265502Screenshot_1.jpg

By far the best tactic and had the most fun since release of FM20

Edited by RM2000

1 hour ago, RM2000 said:

Still going to the top....after some transfers to have more options on some positions i am second, 3 points behind City and one game in a hand. Also won the League Cup to qualify for EC next season. FA Cup and EC still in the race.

These are my additions to the squad.

5265502Screenshot_1.jpg

By far the best tactic and had the most fun since release of FM20

Thank you for the positive feedback.

I am unsure whether to continue with Blyth, i won't to go to Full Time status but they declined, i even tried to force their hand with an ultimatum but they replied that they had no ambition other than to stay in the League. I may wait to see how we start or if another offer comes in.

This must be a bug. The season has just ended and under Manager Performance it says...

Disappointed that the club looks well short at staying in the Sky Bet Championship as expected. 

I have not prepared for it yet, not signed a player or nowhere near playing a game and they have judged us???

Untitled.png

I decided to resign from Blyth due to artistic differences. 

Chesterfield had offered me a job put could not agree compensation with Blyth. So after resigned i joined Chesterfield soon after. 

I see them as a stepping stone. I should be able to compete in the Vanarama National League and get them into the football League and see where it goes from there.

I decided to resign from Blyth due to artistic differences. 

Chesterfield had offered me a job put could not agree compensation with Blyth. So after resigned i joined Chesterfield soon after. 

I see them as a stepping stone. I should be able to compete in the Vanarama National League and get them into the football League and see where it goes from there.

New Season in the Sky Bet Championship just about to start. 

I am expected to avoid relegation, but i am aiming for promotion!

Was offered the Columbrian International job which really interested me, but with this being a new FM i want to achieve my ambitions with Sunderland first.

Untitled.png

10 minutes ago, pablo1983 said:

A question once promoted do you use the defensive/away tactic at home in league games when you not the favorite or do you use the home tactic for all league games?

Depends on the opposition and your team. I will change the Tactic names...

ONLY use the UNDERDOG tactic if odds are 2/1 or higher (Home or Away)

PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST AGAIN AND IF DESIRED YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE TACTICS AGAIN (They are the same but renamed for clarity)

Edited by andysafc

2 minutes ago, andysafc said:

The board overruled me and sold 18 year old Bali Mumba to Leicester for £3.4m raising to £13m.

Shocking!!!!! He scored a goal and had an assist in the first game alone. 

That's very naughty.  Clearly they don't share your ambitions for the club.....

11 hours ago, andysafc said:

Season 2 started above expectations...

SUNDERLAND - Expected to avoid Relegation

CHESTERFIELD - Make the play offs (Minimum)

Sunderland's only loss was away to West Ham, no complaints as they were the better team.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Hi Andy

Which version are you using your original, your tweek or RDF version?

How do you guys get so much success with these tactics?  I thought it may have been player related so used the editor to give all my players the highest attributes and i still lose most games?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated as its really frustrating

11 hours ago, boblardo said:

How do you guys get so much success with these tactics?  I thought it may have been player related so used the editor to give all my players the highest attributes and i still lose most games?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated as its really frustrating

you should not need to cheat to win.

What team are you? Are you in your starting Division?