1 star graphic rating, and only launch in windowed mode

Hi.

I downloaded FM20 yesterday, and still can't get it to launch. I had the same problem with FM 19 several times. I have the latest Nvidia driver (441.20). Do you guys know if there is a previous version of Nvidia driver that will work? Or any other fix? My DxDiag is attached.

Best Regards

Daniel

DxDiag.txt

Have you tried deleting caches and preferences folders? If you haven't we would suggest you to try it out. 

Out of interests, if you ignore the rating, what is the actual performance like in game?

Yes, I have deleted the Preferences and Caches Folder

The actual performance in game is perfect, it's just that i can't get it full screen. Everytime i try to get it full screen or, just make the window larger, it freezes.

I tried a complete reinstall of my computer. Then i got 5 stars, but still  can't get it full screen

Can you check if you have the Windows game mode function on, please? If so can you turn it off and see if it helps, please?

Details on how to do this is here: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/use-game-mode-gaming-on-pc

Let us know if this helps, please? Thanks. 

Okay at least we know it's definitely a specific problem with the Nvidia driver. We would suggest right-clicking on the desktop and changing the Nvidia Control Centre settings to see if you can configure it to work in this instance - whilst not ideal you do also have the option of playing Windowed and stretching it out so it fills the entire screen. 

What about thread optimisation, can you try turning it off in the Nvidia control panel and see if it helps, please?

If it doesn't work, can you send us your Belearc report so we can take a look for you, please? Details on how to do it is here: 

Thanks.

Of course, but then please update the info in the "create Belarc Report" info page. There it said to send an e-mail to that address. It's uploaded noow, with the name Belarc Advisor - Computer Profile - Nightfire.html

7 minutes ago, Nightfire said:

Of course, but then please update the info in the "create Belarc Report" info page. There it said to send an e-mail to that address. It's uploaded noow, with the name Belarc Advisor - Computer Profile - Nightfire.html

Thanks. :thup:

Unfortunately we couldn't find anything that would conflict with the game from the report. 

Is your laptop plugged in to an external monitor?

If not, can you try adjusting the resolution of the laptop via settings and see if it helps to launch FM20 in fullscreen, please.

Thanks.

Are you running the game in very high graphics quality?

Have you tried launching the game in windowed mode and then setting the in game graphics quality to "low" and then changing back to full screen?

21 小时前, Bielsa1975说:

5star graphic rating ,and it killed my laptop had to a full system restore ,something very wrong with the game 

We would need to know more about your situation, can you be able to create your own thread so we can track your process, please? Thanks.

On 06/01/2020 at 13:54, Jimmy Wong said:

Are you running the game in very high graphics quality?

Have you tried launching the game in windowed mode and then setting the in game graphics quality to "low" and then changing back to full screen?

Tried it, didn't work

• 1 month later...

I have  a similar problem,

I can run mine by typing --config very_low   into the launch options, Which basically turns all your graphics to lowest setting, since the latest update that has disappeared but still running at low res'

It runs full windowed. but still crashes once or thrice a day, 

Don't know if this will work for you but give it a try,I had to do it more than once.

Save often and carry on

On 14/02/2020 at 19:37, Nightfire said:

5 weeks and no more reply.... 

Sorry, the dev team has came up advising you to install the Nvidia graphics driver version from the Acer website.

If this doesn't work, as a test can you try uninstalling the Intel graphics driver and launch the game with only the Nvidia graphics driver installed, please?

• 7 months later...

I have the exact same problem as the previous poster here, am I able to drop in with my information and grab some help or would you like me to create a new thread?

EDIT:  So despite FM showing me I have a 1 star graphical rating and Nvidia 3d settings making the auto selection of my integrated card over my Nvidia Card, the game seems to be running as smooth as it was.

However if I change the 3d settings back to using my dedicated GPU, I'm only getting windowed mode or else it's a black screen (with still only 1 star)

The major 'fix' for me to be able to at least run the game full screen but still apparently through my integrated was to remove GeForce Experience.

Still able to post information if liked.

Edited by Saxonaitor
Updating situation.
18 minutes ago, Saxonaitor said:

I have the exact same problem as the previous poster here, am I able to drop in with my information and grab some help or would you like me to create a new thread?

EDIT:  So despite FM showing me I have a 1 star graphical rating and Nvidia 3d settings making the auto selection of my integrated card over my Nvidia Card, the game seems to be running as smooth as it was.

However if I change the 3d settings back to using my dedicated GPU, I'm only getting windowed mode or else it's a black screen (with still only 1 star)

The major 'fix' for me to be able to at least run the game full screen but still apparently through my integrated was to remove GeForce Experience.

Still able to post information if liked.

Thanks for this- I suggest that you open a new thread with your issue and if you can attach a dxdiag report, the SI staff  can have a look.

I have a similar problem: FM does not launch and crashes when I set it to open with NVIDIA Graphics (all drivers already uptaded). It only opens when I set to open with  dedicated Intel Graphics, but with very low specs in an unplayable way.

Acer Aspire E5-571G

Intel i7/4510U 2.00GHz~2.6GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 840M

Sem título 1.png

FM 2020 v20.4.2.1438909 (2020.09.20 10.12.09).dmp GPU_info v20.4.2.1438909 (2020.09.20 10.12.09).gpudmp