Sports Interactive Community
Bilal Yusuf

Determination stat just get decreased by 10!!!

My future goalkeeper, gasparini's determination just got down by 10. from 14 to 4. WTF?

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by Bilal Yusuf

I've just noticed a major loss in one of my players determination attribute too.  From 20 down to 1....talk about flip/flop :)

This save was started when the beta was released if that makes any difference and has been updated by yesterdays patch.
And for the record no editing has been done with any players in the save.

image.thumb.png.e2b3a3009893aee17f04168319a89305.png

Tempted to edit the attribute but don't really want to go down that road.

Edited by blackdevil

19 minutes ago, blackdevil said:

I've just noticed a major loss in one of my players determination attribute too.  From 20 down to 1....talk about flip/flop :)

This save was started when the beta was released if that makes any difference and has been updated by yesterdays patch.
And for the record no editing has been done with any players in the save.

image.thumb.png.e2b3a3009893aee17f04168319a89305.png

Tempted to edit the attribute but don't really want to go down that road.

i thought they  fixed this kind of issues with the last update...

3 minutes ago, Bilal Yusuf said:

i thought they  fixed this kind of issues with the last update...

They did. Not everyone's Determination increased, as you've found. 

The hotfix for my running save did nothing for determination, if anything it made it a little worse and I started over with the save. Can't see the hidden attributes but in my new save the same squad looks much better in terms of determination.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

No lol, it decreased.

33 minutes ago, Bilal Yusuf said:

My future goalkeeper, gasparini's determination just got down by 10. from 14 to 4. WTF?

Screenshot (2).png

Did you get a news item about this? Occasionally 'off field events' cause a player to get a big jump or decline in their Determination which is actually intended behaviour.

Of course, there have also been other issues with Determination on the beta software which is not intended behaviour...

18 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

Did you get a news item about this? Occasionally 'off field events' cause a player to get a big jump or decline in their Determination which is actually intended behaviour.

Of course, there have also been other issues with Determination on the beta software which is not intended behaviour...

nope, just happen suddenly.

22 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

the problem is it decreased from 14 to 4

Edited by Bilal Yusuf

Just to reiterate what our team said in the other thread:

"The bug effecting Determination meant that the majority of players with the attribute unset were getting assigned a very low score, but it didn't effect ALL players with unset Determination in the same way. 

The fix is designed to find all players across the save who had Determination unset, and then assign a better and more realistic spread of values between them. So whilst the the majority of players effected will experience an increase, it's possible that some players who were previously lucky and got set a high value originally, could now experience a decrease.

The example in your screenshot seems like an extreme case, and is hopefully a rare occurrence, but please let us know if you're experience doesn't match up with what I've said above."

If you have multiple examples of where you feel this hasn't happened in a save, then please make us aware, upload the save game letting us know the file name and affected players and we'll take a look. 

What I found was that when I loaded up my game lots of my younger players high determination had a huge drop and some rose. So my star youngsters were now ruined and some others had improved. I tried loading the game and they had all changed again. So i spent the next 20 minutes loading the game again and again until I got something which I was happy with. Some of them had still dropped but only slightly and the others had improved. Then I saved the game and they were set.  Just a tip for anyone who hasn't played with the new update yet.

I had this exact same thing happen with two different players after installing the hotfix (which coincided with right after the end of the 2nd season for this career). They were both key players for me, but were on loan and I was unable to retain the loan for another season anyway... 

1 hour ago, collisonmullan said:

What I found was that when I loaded up my game lots of my younger players high determination had a huge drop and some rose. So my star youngsters were now ruined and some others had improved. I tried loading the game and they had all changed again. So i spent the next 20 minutes loading the game again and again until I got something which I was happy with. Some of them had still dropped but only slightly and the others had improved. Then I saved the game and they were set.  Just a tip for anyone who hasn't played with the new update yet.

Exact same as me. When I first went on my save this morning several of my players determination had gone up or down by over 10. My star centre back had his taken down from 12 to 1. But you can reload the game like you said until you get their determination to a reasonable level.

On 21/11/2019 at 20:58, Neil Brock said:

If you have multiple examples of where you feel this hasn't happened in a save, then please make us aware, upload the save game letting us know the file name and affected players and we'll take a look. 

i've upload it to owncloud, the name is "Bilal Yusuf - Atalanta"

21 hours ago, collisonmullan said:

But the problem is i already continued the game because i didnt realise it.

In my side, I have many players who know big decrease...

But I've 1 player who had 18 before update ... 1 after ...

On 21/11/2019 at 20:58, Neil Brock said:

any update?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Bilal Yusuf:

any update?

It's weekend. They will look into it.

4 hours ago, Bilal Yusuf said:

any update?

Please read Neil's response. You've uploaded the save, but as Neil clearly asked, let SI know the multiple, specific examples you have.