Sports Interactive Community
roykela

Average ratings too punishing?

Summary: Average ratings are seemingly low for players who are not involved in a goal.

Description of Issue: It seems to me that the average ratings are very low if players aren't involved in a goal.
I'm playing as Knockbreda and i'm 3rd in the league, with a predicted 7th place. The board wants me to finish in the relegation playoff.
After 16 rounds i'm sitiing in 3rd and overacheiving.
However there are only two players who has an average rating, in my squad, above 7 (see screenshot further down).
The rest are sub-7.
Checking the other teams in the league and the result is the same.
The teams in the highest division of Northern Ireland have the same issue.

I believe the ratings should be higher on average across the board. It might be that the ratings get hit a bit too hard for minor mistakes during the match. But that's just me speculating.
Adding some screenshots and all my season's competitive .pkms.
Let me know if you need my save. I will try to avoid uploading one until i really have to, due to my bad internet upload speed.

Ards.jpg

Ballinamallard.jpg

Ballyclare.jpg

Dergview.jpg

Dundela.jpg

H&W Welders.jpg

Knockbreda.jpg

Loughall.jpg

Newry City.jpg

Portadown.jpg

PSNI.jpg

Queens University.jpg

Ballinamallard Utd v Knockbreda.pkm Ballyclare v Knockbreda.pkm Carrick v Knockbreda.pkm Coleraine Reserves v Knockbreda.pkm Dergview v Knockbreda.pkm Dundela v Knockbreda.pkm Dungannon v Knockbreda.pkm Knockbreda v Ards 2.pkm Knockbreda v Ards.pkm Knockbreda v Ballinamallard Utd.pkm Knockbreda v Ballyclare.pkm Knockbreda v Dundela.pkm Knockbreda v H & W Welders.pkm Knockbreda v Larne.pkm Knockbreda v Newry City AFC.pkm Knockbreda v Portadown.pkm Knockbreda v Queens University.pkm Loughgall v Knockbreda.pkm P.S.N.I. v Knockbreda.pkm Portadown v Knockbreda.pkm Queens University v Knockbreda.pkm

I'm adding an "exception to the rule" which i just had.
Just battered a team in the Intermediate Cup 2nd round (won 3-0) and the ratings are what they should be, in that game.
It wasn't, however, until the 3rd goal before the ratings just shot up for everyone. Before that it was the same as the others.
Might be helpful.

Knockbreda v Portstewart.pkm

Edited by roykela
Correction

@roykela thanks for the detailed post.

Player ratings are currently under review so your PKM's will be useful.

@roykela hiya pal, I know you asked me to provide some stuff for this thread and I haven't done so yet. I've been busy with work the last couple days so will do my best to contribute in the coming days. I'm not working on Sunday so hopefully by then I'll be able to share some info/PKMs :thup:

8 hours ago, JDownie said:

@roykela hiya pal, I know you asked me to provide some stuff for this thread and I haven't done so yet. I've been busy with work the last couple days so will do my best to contribute in the coming days. I'm not working on Sunday so hopefully by then I'll be able to share some info/PKMs :thup:

@JDownie Hi, buddy. No worries. If you could contribute that would be great. They seemed to be aware of it prior to us mentioning it and me opening this thread though. But more example wouldn't hurt. Then they can take whatever they need :thup:

I also have this problem too. I'm currently 2nd in the league (was predicted 8th of 9) and have conceded 8 goals in 15 games. My defenders average ratings look like we've been getting hammered  12 nil every game.

This game is typical of what I'm seeing. Go away to top of the table Home Utd. Play them off the park for 1-0 win. I have 25 shots they have 1.

My defenders ratings are pathetic for such a dominant defensive performance

RB - 6.3

CB - 6.8

CB - 6.6

LB - 6.5

Here's the PKM

I see this a lot. My BWM also gets awful ratings unless he gets a 25 yard worldie.

Plus only 9 players in the entire Singaporean Premier league have a rating above 7. 

Home Utd v Geylang Int..pkm

Another example. Same opponents same score (1-0). Defenders ratings are awful.

RB - 6.4

CB - 6.1

CB - 6.5

LB - 6.5

For a cleansheet where the opposition didn't have too many shots (8) these ratings seem insanely low.

Geylang Int. v Home Utd.pkm

Edited by kiwityke1983

Very next match. Another clean sheet another supposedly awful performance from my defence. 

RB - 6.1

CB - 6.6

CB - 6.3

LB - 6.9 (he got an assist)

Seriously what do these guys have to do to get decent ratings! We've only conceded 10 in 18 games. My board are complaining I need to drop them all due to their awful form...

Geylang Int. v Warriors FC.pkm

Edited by kiwityke1983

In the last 5 games we've conceded once. My defenders average ratings are

Those are surely relegation form ratings not title challenging best defence in the country ones!

On 21/11/2019 at 17:16, roykela said:

I'm adding an "exception to the rule" which i just had.
Just battered a team in the Intermediate Cup 2nd round (won 3-0) and the ratings are what they should be, in that game.
It wasn't, however, until the 3rd goal before the ratings just shot up for everyone. Before that it was the same as the others.
Might be helpful.

Knockbreda v Portstewart.pkm 87.48 kB · 0 downloads

I've also noticed I have to win 3-0 to get normal ratings. The only game I've got even close to normal ratings for a team that's won about 10 on the bounce.

Geylang Int. v Tampines.pkm

Something is definitely wrong with the ratings.
Just finished a cup game with Knockbreda v Newry, who's in the same league but a higher position. We knocked them out on penalties in the Northern Ireland Football League Cup semifinals.
These were the full time ratings:

629062901_Merknad2019-11-25221315.thumb.jpg.15efc0cf11dcf70c0a464a5c138fc5a9.jpg

Almost everyone received a 0.1 rating.
And it's the same for Newry City players as well. Almost all of them received a 0.1 rating.

Adding the pkm as well.

-EDIT-

As a result of this my team's form ratings and average rating has plummeted:

325110911_Merknad2019-11-25222458.thumb.jpg.152ceaac015d5ae84885157e322660fe.jpg

Newry City AFC v Knockbreda.pkm

Edited by roykela