Sports Interactive Community
mattskelding

Board blocking Transfers

Before I post this as a bug, I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue. 

I’m Man Utd. Right at the start of the game I put in a bid for Juve’s Christian Romeo. 21 years old with a PA well in the Wonderkid region. Can’t remember the exact bid but in the region of high teens and was accepted by Juve  

My board decide to block the transfer as they don’t think it’s a good idea.

Now, I’m within the guidelines they have set during expectations (sign under 23’s for the first team) and well within my FFP budget - I can’t figure out what would cause them to block the transfer. 

Is it Chairman attributes, I’ve completely missed something, a new FM20 dynamic or a bit of everything?

Quick question, how much was/is the player 'worth' in game and how much were you bidding to pay? 

I've not yet played FM20 so I don't know if this is something game specific, but iirc, in previous iterations of the game the board would block transfers if they felt you were paying far too much. If this is not the case, given that this is a new release, I would raise it in the bug forum

My first season at United I tried to sell Rojo but the board blocked it because they felt the finances werent right.

Its annoying but I think it adds to the realsim the board getting involved in these things as we see in real life.

Doesnt make a whole lot of sense in your case though.

many clubs irl have board interference for a variety of reasons

Its great FM include this aspect

I agree it might be annoying, but I'm sure every manager has had a disagreement with their club's chairman/board over a number of issues, including transfers. They own the club, after all.

8 hours ago, Neotropolis said:

Quick question, how much was/is the player 'worth' in game and how much were you bidding to pay? 

I've not yet played FM20 so I don't know if this is something game specific, but iirc, in previous iterations of the game the board would block transfers if they felt you were paying far too much. If this is not the case, given that this is a new release, I would raise it in the bug forum

He’s valued at £5.5 million and I had a bid accepted for £17 million

Edited by mattskelding

I have to say that I've changed my mind regarding this. In the BETA I was really annoyed by it, but SI made some good adjustments and now it's more realistic. 

It might still be annoying in some cases, especially when you're trying to sell a player, but overall I feel like this is realistic and having the board intercepting feels more like real life.

Edited by Trucce

10 hours ago, mattskelding said:

Before I post this as a bug, I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue. 

I’m Man Utd. Right at the start of the game I put in a bid for Juve’s Christian Romeo. 21 years old with a PA well in the Wonderkid region. Can’t remember the exact bid but in the region of high teens and was accepted by Juve  

My board decide to block the transfer as they don’t think it’s a good idea.

Now, I’m within the guidelines they have set during expectations (sign under 23’s for the first team) and well within my FFP budget - I can’t figure out what would cause them to block the transfer. 

Is it Chairman attributes, I’ve completely missed something, a new FM20 dynamic or a bit of everything?

That player very likely doesn't meet the stated philisophy. If signed, he'd only actually be your 8th best CB at the start of the game. He's one for the future, but that's not what the board wants - they want first team players offering immediate improvement, since performances in recent years have been far below expectations, while still being young enough to have a strong resell value. What you're proposing to do is spend quite a lot of money on someone who isn't likely to fix things right now, is too established to go on loan, but will if anything worsen the team's quality if given minutes to develop, and won't likely be good enough until after your contract's up when the next manager might not even like the look of him anyway.

It's not a bug, I tweeted Miles with the same thing in the early days of BETA and he advised it was a new aspect of the game.

Is there a way to turn this feature off or erase it?

The board wouldn't allow me to sell a player for £3m. They said he was worth £3.3m despite me telling them the player isn't part of my plans. No other interest after that. Instead I loaned the players out weeks later as it was the only way I could offload him. 

I've had my board say "are worried about the finances involved in the transfer of Fred"... He was sold for £4 million profit, and wasn't needed at the club when I sold him... Sometimes they really can't make their minds up.

Any response from SI? I have exactly the same issue with Green Forest Rover, I have been promoted in Sky Bet League 1 I managed to sell a couple of players and free up some wages.

Any free contract player I am trying to get (within the max wages range of13K/month or under) the board is rejecting of all them.. knowing that I have 450K Transfert budget and 130K wages budget, this doesnt make sens at all.