I can't score goals.

So I'm playing with Fulham and in 16 games we are second in the league. We are first in goals conceded with only 7, first in possesion with %61, third in chances created with 43 but we are 12th in goals scored with 23 goals and 7 of them were from penalties. I think we have like 10 goals from open play. My front 3 are all above championship level i think, so i don't understand why we can't score. I don't expect Mitrovic to score but i thought i could at least get the wide players to score but they have 2 goals combined. This is how i play:

201401470_Adsz.thumb.png.1358df109df31852e064f1f72dbfe2c8.png

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Fëanáro Míriel

I have the exact same problem, my defense is not that good but is good enough but my offence is the problem even tho i have really good players i cant seem to score, I am creating so many good opportunities but still cant score and the opponent gets like half of my opportunities and get more goals.

remove the team instructions shorter passing and play out of defense to improve touches to goal ratio. your possession will drop but you will be able to hit the opposition before they get back to defensive positions.

due to using these instructions your attackers doesnt get space to operate

After removing these you may find some problem with higher tempo instructions if quality of your players is not good enough. if you are creating chances but opposition is creating more due to counter by lost possession, get rid of higher tempo

What are you seeing happen when you are attacking, and what are you doing with the possession you have if it is not shoot or score goals?

I would imagine you have sterile possession on the edge of the box until you either force it wide or someone gets fed up and shoots from range? It would be helpful if you could describe a typical attack from your side (or better post a video/screen grabs).

This, as pointed out above, is due to some of the instructions. Work ball into box coupled with shorter passing is going to encourage players to try to play the ball around rather than play a risky pass. This gives the opposition the chance to get back into their positions and will ultimately lead to them being able to defend compact and frustrate you. Fulham also probably have a good reputation for the division, so teams will be naturally more cautious when approaching playing you.

It also will not help that your playmaker is going to end up relatively isolated when you have the ball. Both players ahead are moving away from him and into what is likely a congested area of the pitch. I typically use a double pivot rather than a single when I am dominating, and sometimes even put a third player in the centre with an IWB.