Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kanwulf

Lebanese Elite and Challenge Cup Question

Recommended Posts

Hey, I am trying to make the Lebanese league system.

In Lebanon, there are two pre-season tournaments. The Elite Cup is for the top 6 teams from last season, whereas, the Challenge Cup is for teams that finished 7th-10th and the two newly promoted teams from the second tier. Any idea how to set this up in the editor? Is it possible to do in the basic editor or will I have to do it in the advanced editor?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will need to be done through the Advanced Rules. Was planning on creating the Lebanese Leagues this year. 

Haven't downloaded FM20 yet. Was planning to update all the team information, stadiums, cities and all before starting. Getting it as fully detailed as possible before starting the save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I tried to do it in the advanced editor but it says that I have the wrong number of teams qualified (I’ve set it so teams from position 0-5 in Lebanese Premier League are in the Elite Cup and teams 6-9 from Premier and 0-1 from Second Division are in Challenge Cup, but it is just using teams in those positions from the current season, as opposed to the previous season. Which means teams are in due to alphabetical order. 

Do you know the proper way to do this?

Also, I have made an editor data file to correct the issue with foreign players in the Lebanese league, I’ll share it with you if like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kanwulf said:

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I tried to do it in the advanced editor but it says that I have the wrong number of teams qualified (I’ve set it so teams from position 0-5 in Lebanese Premier League are in the Elite Cup and teams 6-9 from Premier and 0-1 from Second Division are in Challenge Cup, but it is just using teams in those positions from the current season, as opposed to the previous season. Which means teams are in due to alphabetical order. 

Do you know the proper way to do this?

Also, I have made an editor data file to correct the issue with foreign players in the Lebanese league, I’ll share it with you if like?

as Lebanese myself , i always try every year to update the database on my own , since it doenst get much attention from the community . I think someone did it previously on fm 17, 18 or , and it was perfect .Both the elite cup and the challenge cup .If you stil have the editor for these games you might find it on steam .I was looking at the database in fm20 for the Lebanese teams and surprisingly a lot of teams have updated squads this year !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheMaster said:

as Lebanese myself , i always try every year to update the database on my own , since it doenst get much attention from the community . I think someone did it previously on fm 17, 18 or , and it was perfect .Both the elite cup and the challenge cup .If you stil have the editor for these games you might find it on steam .I was looking at the database in fm20 for the Lebanese teams and surprisingly a lot of teams have updated squads this year !!

Do you know the name of the Editor who made the league?

So I have been playing with the editor for almost 2 hours for a specific rule to the Lebanese Premier League, which U22's need to play a minimum of 2000 minutes during the season or else there is a 3 Point Deduction. This was something i was really interested in adding to the league before moving forward. 

Next is to figure out how to split the elite and challenge cups based on league positions from previous seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrookdMoe said:

Do you know the name of the Editor who made the league?

So I have been playing with the editor for almost 2 hours for a specific rule to the Lebanese Premier League, which U22's need to play a minimum of 2000 minutes during the season or else there is a 3 Point Deduction. This was something i was really interested in adding to the league before moving forward. 

Next is to figure out how to split the elite and challenge cups based on league positions from previous seasons. 

just looked it up .It is from FM16 . it is called Lebanon - 3 leagues, 4 Cups on steam . just curious , do you have updated squads for current season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheMaster said:

as Lebanese myself , i always try every year to update the database on my own , since it doenst get much attention from the community . I think someone did it previously on fm 17, 18 or , and it was perfect .Both the elite cup and the challenge cup .If you stil have the editor for these games you might find it on steam .I was looking at the database in fm20 for the Lebanese teams and surprisingly a lot of teams have updated squads this year !!

That’s because of me :) and be been working on Lebanon this year, although foreign players weren’t completely announced when we had to hand DBs back, which is why I’ve made my own editor data file to update this :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrookdMoe said:

Do you know the name of the Editor who made the league?

So I have been playing with the editor for almost 2 hours for a specific rule to the Lebanese Premier League, which U22's need to play a minimum of 2000 minutes during the season or else there is a 3 Point Deduction. This was something i was really interested in adding to the league before moving forward. 

Next is to figure out how to split the elite and challenge cups based on league positions from previous seasons. 

I’m not sure that is possible to replicate in the editor, nor is the Palestinian rule. Each team is allowed 3 foreign players plus one Lebanese born Palestinian. The best I could do with that was simply add Palestine as a “treat as EU” nation then add fixture rules stating that teams could register 4 foreign players, but only 3 non-eu.

As for the u22 rule, I guess the closest you can get is to add 2 u22s starting each match and 3 in match squad. Not ideal, but it’s still forcing teams to start u22s. Doesn’t address the point deduction, unfortunately.

Edited by Kanwulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheMaster said:

just looked it up .It is from FM16 . it is called Lebanon - 3 leagues, 4 Cups on steam . just curious , do you have updated squads for current season!

Can you PM me that file please? I subscribed to it but it won't download to my laptop for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lebanese PL databases I found for fm19 dont have the correct format for both cups. If you still have fm18 installed, you could try to look for claasen's Lebanese database and find out of he had it working. I dont have fm18 so I couldn't test it myself. I will have time later today to look into making some tests to see if it works. 

I will also start a WIP thread for the Lebanon League in the download page with indepth information of my progress and maybe we could join up to make the league as best as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CrookdMoe said:

The Lebanese PL databases I found for fm19 dont have the correct format for both cups. If you still have fm18 installed, you could try to look for claasen's Lebanese database and find out of he had it working. I dont have fm18 so I couldn't test it myself. I will have time later today to look into making some tests to see if it works. 

I will also start a WIP thread for the Lebanon League in the download page with indepth information of my progress and maybe we could join up to make the league as best as possible. 

Yeah, I'm game for that. I've attached my editor database so you can merge it to the file. That way when people use the Lebanon file, it will have the correct foreign players for each team :)

 

Database Changes.fmf

Edited by Kanwulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kanwulf said:

Yeah, I'm game for that. I've attached my editor database so you can merge it to the file. That way when people use the Lebanon file, it will have the correct foreign players for each team :)

 

Database Changes.fmf 100.42 kB · 0 downloads

Awesome. Will test it out and will work on creating a new thread for the Lebanese League. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CrookdMoe said:

Awesome. Will test it out and will work on creating a new thread for the Lebanese League. :)


Great! When I’m back home I’ll attach my current Lebanon file and you can mess about with that if you want. Might be easier if you get me on twitter or steam so we can discuss this and help eachother out. Drop me a message if you’re interested :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Kanwulf @CrookdMoe...I had done those changes in FM19 (it was for personal use)...and I had the Palestinian rule, and the preseason cups working normally. For the U22, I had set it, but i could not get it to work.

Anyway, if you want that file, please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, t.nader said:

Hi @Kanwulf @CrookdMoe...I had done those changes in FM19 (it was for personal use)...and I had the Palestinian rule, and the preseason cups working normally. For the U22, I had set it, but i could not get it to work.

Anyway, if you want that file, please let me know.

That would be great if possible. For some reason i could only get 5 teams into the challenge cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes please, would greatly appreciate that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is file.

Some notes:

  1. For the Palestinian rule, it should be set under Lebanon under "Nations Treated as Non-Foreign". But as mentioned by @Kanwulf, I was not able to limit the squad registration but kept number of foreigners to 3, as now Palestinians won't be counted as such.
  2. For the preseason cups, the tricks are:
    • You create two of each of the cups. For example, for the Elite Cup, you would create a 1 year competition, and you would specify the exact teams (First Year). Then, another open-ended competition to start as of the next year, with the rules.
    • For the Challenge Cup:
      • you have to use the "reverse rule" by ignoring teams 1-6
      • Add 7-10
      • Add promoted teams
  3. For the U22, I had added the rule under transfers, and then in squad selection for the competition as well as point deduction (but now i cannot find where i set it:rolleyes:), but it is not being enforced in the game. Not sure why. Anyway, the league barely started this season to fully understand how this "original" rule works.
  4. The file also has some Lebanon settings modified. Like Rival Nations, Transfer Preferences, and I improved Youth Rating,

I still have not got the chance to test this file in this year's editor, nor update it. So you can give it a try.

Lebanon_Until_Div_3_test_U22.fmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, t.nader said:

Here is file.

Some notes:

  1. For the Palestinian rule, it should be set under Lebanon under "Nations Treated as Non-Foreign". But as mentioned by @Kanwulf, I was not able to limit the squad registration but kept number of foreigners to 3, as now Palestinians won't be counted as such.
  2. For the preseason cups, the tricks are:
    • You create two of each of the cups. For example, for the Elite Cup, you would create a 1 year competition, and you would specify the exact teams (First Year). Then, another open-ended competition to start as of the next year, with the rules.
    • For the Challenge Cup:
      • you have to use the "reverse rule" by ignoring teams 1-6
      • Add 7-10
      • Add promoted teams
  3. For the U22, I had added the rule under transfers, and then in squad selection for the competition as well as point deduction (but now i cannot find where i set it:rolleyes:), but it is not being enforced in the game. Not sure why. Anyway, the league barely started this season to fully understand how this "original" rule works.
  4. The file also has some Lebanon settings modified. Like Rival Nations, Transfer Preferences, and I improved Youth Rating,

I still have not got the chance to test this file in this year's editor, nor update it. So you can give it a try.

Lebanon_Until_Div_3_test_U22.fmf 24.3 kB · 0 downloads

Amazing thank you. 

  1. I was able to put in the minimum minutes for under 22's. There is a setting in the Squad rules. However, it is only for the league and not a combination of league and cup. 
  2. Palestinian Rule was already set as Nation Treated as Non-Foreign. Not sure if this was ingame already, or setup by @Kanwulf in the file he shared with me.

I will look through the file and will let you know if things work out on my end. Thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrookdMoe said:

Amazing thank you. 

  1. I was able to put in the minimum minutes for under 22's. There is a setting in the Squad rules. However, it is only for the league and not a combination of league and cup. 
  2. Palestinian Rule was already set as Nation Treated as Non-Foreign. Not sure if this was ingame already, or setup by @Kanwulf in the file he shared with me.

I will look through the file and will let you know if things work out on my end. Thanks again.

 

Possibly in the game already - I hadn't noticed that tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...