Sports Interactive Community
Dagenham_Dave

Player wont enter contract talks despite being 'Very Interested'

Title - Player I have on loan that I want to sign permanently won't enter contract talks despite being keen to join

- Playing as Altrincham and I have made a bid for Lewis Ritson to sign permanently

- The bid is made on the 24th May 2021

- Save game attached today

Steps to Reproduce

- I have uploaded a save game called "Journeyman 2 Altrincham"

- Save game will load before issue

- Continue the game and bid for Ritson. Beforehand, I also declared interest and got the message from him that he was really keen. Hull will accept £0 bid as almost at end of contract, but the player says he is not interested in entering contract talks. No other contract talks have been held with player beforehand. 

I reported this issue in beta and looks like they have not fixed it still :mad:

Edited by Zuluwarf

Thanks for the save game :thup: 

Have passed your save game on to the development team to look into further. 

Cheers,

Ben

I started a save with RB Leipzig and I had a bid accepted for kluivert and Thilo kehrer. 

They are both interested and kehrer is on the transfer list. However, when I click continue they both refuse to enter negotiations. No explanation why. I've tried making them top targets and spoken to the press and both have stated, "sources close to kluivert/kehrer have indicated the he would be extremely keen on the move and is believed to be encouraging his advisors to be willing to discuss terms if and when appropriate."

They also have press speculation that they want to impress me on their next performance. 

When I played with Leipzig on the beta, both players came, no problem so I don't understand what's changed? It's only with these two as I've had no problems with any other player. 

Merged threads as I agree they sound like they could be the same issue. 

I've tried this with the players you have mentioned whilst in charge of Leipzig at game start but both players are interested in entering into negotiations. If you have a save game that shows the issue then could you please upload save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found below. 

Cheers,

Ben

I've just done an experiment with my save and realised what the cause is. It's to do with the in game editor and increasing the finances of my club. For some inexplicable reason, both players are unwilling to enter talks if I increase my transfer and wage budget! When i leave it. No problem. Very strange.

It could also be for players who are nearing the end of their contracts, and can be approached on a free. I find myself having a similar issue here 

On 30/11/2019 at 18:26, Sherkey said:

It could also be for players who are nearing the end of their contracts, and can be approached on a free. I find myself having a similar issue here 

Thanks this is a different issue that we are aware of and this is being looked into by the dev team in order to resolve the issue. 

Have the above issues been rectified yet? Having the same problem where the bid is accepted for an interested player but won't enter negotiations. 

The issue remains under review by the dev team. If you have a save game that shows the problem could you please upload a save game to our cloud service and let us know the name of the players in question. 

Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

Cheers,

Ben

58 minutes ago, Ben Kenney said:

The issue remains under review by the dev team. If you have a save game that shows the problem could you please upload a save game to our cloud service and let us know the name of the players in question. 

Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

Cheers,

Ben

I've uploaded the file:  James Horsfall - Zebre.fm 

Trying to buy modric or Pobga 

Having the same problem in my Salzburg save trying to offer a contract to Manu Appeh who has 5 months to run on his current deal. Spoke about him in the media and he reacted positively - "dream move", "hopes speculation results in a formal bid", etc. Doesn't want to talk to me.

Uploaded the save to the cloud - "ck7 - FC RB Salzburg.fm"

Screenshot 2019-12-08 07.26.50.png

Screenshot 2019-12-08 07.27.42.png

On 06/12/2019 at 16:56, James2384 said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

I've passed this example on to the development team to be looked into further. 

On 07/12/2019 at 21:52, ck7 said:

Having the same problem in my Salzburg save trying to offer a contract to Manu Appeh who has 5 months to run on his current deal. Spoke about him in the media and he reacted positively - "dream move", "hopes speculation results in a formal bid", etc. Doesn't want to talk to me.

Uploaded the save to the cloud - "ck7 - FC RB Salzburg.fm"

Thanks for the save game. This is a bit of a different scenario to other examples in this thread. I have passed this on to the dev team to look into. 

Cheers,

Ben

On 09/12/2019 at 23:01, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for the save game. This is a bit of a different scenario to other examples in this thread. I have passed this on to the dev team to look into. 

Cheers,

Ben

No worries. I was going to create a new thread for my issue, but thought it was similar enough to this one to just add it here. Will be interested to know what the issue is.

The dev team have taken a look at this. The issue appears that the players response to your interest is incorrect. The news item states the player be would be interested in your club, however the player is unwilling to enter negotiations as he is keeping his options open as he is in the last six months of his contract with his current club. 

The dev team are working on a fix that will make sure in scenarios where the user has declared interest in a player in the last six months of his contract, the players response will be accurate on the corresponding news item. 

Cheers,
Ben 

On 06/12/2019 at 16:56, James2384 said:

Any news on this scenario please? 

I have a player on loan whose scouting report indicates he is "Extremely interesting in joining our club".  Offer get accepted, but the player won't negotiate. Makes no sense.

13 hours ago, namjai said:

I have a player on loan whose scouting report indicates he is "Extremely interesting in joining our club".  Offer get accepted, but the player won't negotiate. Makes no sense.

How old is the scout report on the player? As players interest level can change from the time of the report. 

If you have a save game that shows the issue then could you please upload to our cloud service and it will take a look. 

On 11/12/2019 at 11:44, James2384 said:

Any news on this scenario please? 

This is due to Modric wanting a wage way above what Juventus can offer. This information should be displayed on the contract talks news item however it is currently missing in some scenarios. This is something we are looking to resolve in a future update. 

3 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

How old is the scout report on the player? As players interest level can change from the time of the report. 

If you have a save game that shows the issue then could you please upload to our cloud service and it will take a look. 

This is due to Modric wanting a wage way above what Juventus can offer. This information should be displayed on the contract talks news item however it is currently missing in some scenarios. This is something we are looking to resolve in a future update. 

That doesn't explain pogba though? I'm offering Higuain and Bentancur plus £22 million which is accepted and he won't enter negotiations which i have enough for his wage demands especially with Higuain going the other way.

6 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Hmm, I may have confused the issue by saying 'Scout Report'. I meant 'Coach Report'.   He's at my club currently on loan, so wouldn't my coach reports be up to date?  If not, how do I even update this for a player already at my club??  I've loaned him from another club as one of my main defenders that I play regularly. so when I noticed that he was extremely interested in joining our club, I put in a bid to make the transfer permanent. The offer got accepted, but the player isn't interested in negotiating. Are my coaches misreading his interest perhaps?

sharman_coach_report.PNG

sharman_contract.PNG

sharman_offer_accepted_player_not_interested.PNG

Edited by namjai

15 hours ago, namjai said:

Hmm, I may have confused the issue by saying 'Scout Report'. I meant 'Coach Report'.   He's at my club currently on loan, so wouldn't my coach reports be up to date?  If not, how do I even update this for a player already at my club??  I've loaned him from another club as one of my main defenders that I play regularly. so when I noticed that he was extremely interested in joining our club, I put in a bid to make the transfer permanent. The offer got accepted, but the player isn't interested in negotiating. Are my coaches misreading his interest perhaps?

If you have a save game that shows the issue could you please upload the save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

17 hours ago, James2384 said:

That doesn't explain pogba though? I'm offering Higuain and Bentancur plus £22 million which is accepted and he won't enter negotiations which i have enough for his wage demands especially with Higuain going the other way.

The issue appears to be due to the AI not believing that your club can afford the wages, will pass on to the dev team in order for them to make sure the ougoing wages of Higuain are taken into account. 

Cheers, 

Ben

7 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

If you have a save game that shows the issue could you please upload the save to our cloud service. Details on how to upload can be found via the link below. 

Ok, I've uploaded my save game file to the cloud server. Name of the file is: 'Hungerford - Sharman wont nego.fm'

If you search my Inbox for 'Sharman' you'll see the offer accepted email with his rejection. Then if you look at my coach reports on Jamie Sharman, it says he's extremely interested.

On 11/12/2019 at 20:09, Ben Kenney said:

The dev team have taken a look at this. The issue appears that the players response to your interest is incorrect. The news item states the player be would be interested in your club, however the player is unwilling to enter negotiations as he is keeping his options open as he is in the last six months of his contract with his current club. 

The dev team are working on a fix that will make sure in scenarios where the user has declared interest in a player in the last six months of his contract, the players response will be accurate on the corresponding news item. 

Cheers,
Ben 

Thanks Ben.

Do you know if this was fixed in 20.2.1? Doesn't appear so as he's still showing up as not interested in entering into contract negotiations...

On 14/12/2019 at 04:35, ck7 said:

Thanks Ben.

Do you know if this was fixed in 20.2.1? Doesn't appear so as he's still showing up as not interested in entering into contract negotiations...

It is correct that the player is not interested in entering into contract negotiations as the player currently isn't interested as he is looking to wait to see what his options are closer to the end of his contract. The issue in your save is that the news item after you have declared interest in the player wrongly states that the player is interested when he isn't. This is what the development will be looking to resolve in future updates. 

On 13/12/2019 at 19:47, namjai said:

Ok, I've uploaded my save game file to the cloud server. Name of the file is: 'Hungerford - Sharman wont nego.fm'

If you search my Inbox for 'Sharman' you'll see the offer accepted email with his rejection. Then if you look at my coach reports on Jamie Sharman, it says he's extremely interested.

Thanks for the save game :thup: This looks to be the same issue that was affecting an earlier example in this thread. The development team are working on a fix for this. 

Cheers,

Ben

4 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

It is correct that the player is not interested in entering into contract negotiations as the player currently isn't interested as he is looking to wait to see what his options are closer to the end of his contract. The issue in your save is that the news item after you have declared interest in the player wrongly states that the player is interested when he isn't. This is what the development will be looking to resolve in future updates. 

Thanks Ben, that makes sense. 

Has this been rectified yet? 

Currently stuck away from home and bought FM2020, started a new save with Aberdeen and Tommie Hoban is extremely interested in joining me but doesn't think i can afford his demands and therefore wont enter talks. Aberdeen had him last season and also just resigned him 3 days ago lol.

Also trying to get Ross McCormack, free transfer on £5k per week, we have £18k spare but same issue. Pretty annoying trying to play with a tight budget but cant sign realistic free transfers.

14 hours ago, BillySimpson said:

Has this been rectified yet? 

Currently stuck away from home and bought FM2020, started a new save with Aberdeen and Tommie Hoban is extremely interested in joining me but doesn't think i can afford his demands and therefore wont enter talks. Aberdeen had him last season and also just resigned him 3 days ago lol.

Also trying to get Ross McCormack, free transfer on £5k per week, we have £18k spare but same issue. Pretty annoying trying to play with a tight budget but cant sign realistic free transfers.

Hi @BillySimpson

Thanks for posting. We haven't had any reported examples since December. Is this using the latest update of FM20?

Might be worth uploading you saved game so we can have a look and see if there is an issue. 

Thanks,
Dan

On 06/08/2020 at 08:53, Daniel Wells said:

Hi @BillySimpson

Thanks for posting. We haven't had any reported examples since December. Is this using the latest update of FM20?

Might be worth uploading you saved game so we can have a look and see if there is an issue. 

Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan, have now saved this on the server, file name "Billy Simpson - Aberdeen". I am running version 2.4.1

Hi @BillySimpson, thank you for providing a save file with an example.

This issue is currently under review with our dev team. 

Unfortunately we currently have no plans to release any further updates for FM20, but rest assured this is being looked at for future versions of FM.

Thanks again,

Michael.

3 hours ago, Michael Mallia said:

Hi @BillySimpson, thank you for providing a save file with an example.

This issue is currently under review with our dev team. 

Unfortunately we currently have no plans to release any further updates for FM20, but rest assured this is being looked at for future versions of FM.

Thanks again,

Michael.

You know what, with the way this year has gone I didn’t even consider that a new FM game will be out soon. What a donut!

Thanks for having a look though!

19 hours ago, BillySimpson said:

You know what, with the way this year has gone I didn’t even consider that a new FM game will be out soon. What a donut!

Thanks for having a look though!

:D no problem. Hope you are enjoying the game anyway!

3 hours ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

:D no problem. Hope you are enjoying the game anyway!

Of course, I don't think i've ever not enjoyed an FM game. Everytime i go offshore or abroad with work the game follows with me!

Just to let you know this issue is appearing as resolved now and if implemented in time will be okay for future versions. :)