Sports Interactive Community
kandersson

Game froze during match, unresponsive.

As per title, the game froze during a match and became completely unresponsive, couldn't even reset or open task manager with ctrl+alt+del (had to manually shut down my PC eventually). No crash reported. Drivers updated to latest version, 3D rated 4 stars and playing at medium level of detail. Worth to note (as reported previously) that GPU usage is usually pretty high during matches (around 80%). Previous issues and other info (including dxdiag) in this thread:

Is this happening frequently or a one off? 

Could you send us an updated DXDIAG for us to look at please? 

Were you running other demanding programs while playing FM20?

Also have you experience this problem since Wednesday?

No programs running. Didn't experience this problem again since wednesday so maybe just a freak accident, though high GPU usage is always a worry for me.

And another crash (same match btw). Drivers are up to date. 3D is rated 5 stars by the game and animations during the match are fluid (I keep level of graphics quality at medium just in case). Game speed also rated 5 stars. Can't play the game atm, and I could barely play the beta due to this issue. Not great.

FM 2020 v20.1.4.1318683 (2019.11.24 03.30.51).dmp

How do you update your Nvidia driver? Let say if you use the Nvidia GeForce Experience to update your driver, do you use express or customise installation?

New Nvidia drivers (441.41) were released yesterday. Any chance they will fix the issue? Should I use express installation? Should I select customise? If so, how or what?

I guess no fix in sight for this week-end then...  This is ridiculous. I could barely play the beta, now I can't even play the game, and no updates or replies whatsoever. 

Edited by kandersson

This is getting embarrassing now. No hotfix, no updates, no replies, not even an apology. I take note. Good luck.

Hi sorry for the late reply. We have released a new update 20.2.0, can you confirm if the latest version has resolved your issue, please?

Thanks.

On 05/12/2019 at 02:04, kandersson said:

I can confirm that the latest version has NOT resolved 'my' issue. Just to let you know this is unacceptable.

FM 2020 v20.2.0.1323779 (2019.12.05 02.54.28).dmp 388.75 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Kandersson, 

Would just like to apologise for the delay so far. 

I can confirm the issue has been logged and is being looked at by our dev team, but as of yet there is no fix ready for it. 

I know it's frustrating, but please understand they have multiple crashes to try and fix daily, and there are only so many hours in a day. 

I'll update you as soon as I have something new to report.

It's not frustrating it's unacceptable as I reported this on october 31 (I think it was day of beta release) and things haven't really improved since then. I've now managed to go through games without constant crashes only using commentary only, or very low graphics on very low rendering (very blurred, painful to the eye 80's graphics). Which I define unplayable. Better for me to stop here writing how I feel about this game or this company at the moment. Last time I pre-order for sure.

Can you try the following, please?

- Right Click on your desktop and select 'Nvidia Control Panel'
- Click 'Manage 3D settings'
- Select 'Program Settings' and via the dropdown box for 'Select a program to customise' select 'Football Manager 2019'
- Select 'Power Management Mode'
- If the default setting is 'Optimal Power', now select 'Prefer Maximum Performance'
- Select 'Apply'

Managed to play with low graphics on 20.2, not great but at least I could get through matches. With latest 20.3 update the DXGI crash is back even with low graphics. I don't expect or care for any fix or reply at this point, just to let you know this has been a nightmare since beta and never got better with any update. In fact, I can say it got worse. Unacceptable.

FM 2020 v20.3.0.1350875 (2020.02.23 16.41.26).dmp

GPU_info v20.3.0.1350875 (2020.02.23 16.41.26).gpudmp

Edited by kandersson

Really sorry this is happening again kandersson. 

We don't have a potential time frame on any definite fix as it may take a hotfix on the driver rather than one for the game. 

I assume the previous suggestions to fix the issue didn't work, no?

No, nothing has worked so far. Feel free to suggest any possible workaround. Clearly you need to get in touch with Nvidia because something went very wrong this year since early beta days, and it's even worse after 5 months.

Another thing worth to note is GPU usage has apparently gone back to being very high, which makes fans of my pc very loud even outside of the matches. This was the one thing that got actually slightly better since beta, now it got worse again.

Edited by kandersson

I honestly feel I wasted 50 euros for a game that I've NEVER been able to run acceptably in 3D since beta, despite my PC and card easily surpassing the minimum requirements. It's been 5 months now, I'm shocked and disappointed and believe me I'm going to take a long look at this thread and remember all of this before I consider buying another game of this series again.

I'm really sorry Kandersson. It's an issue we have been dealing with since launch and affects more than just yourself. 

We are continuing contact with the graphics card maker in an attempt to try and find a solution but progress is slow. 

You would be entitled to a refund of the 50 Euros if you seek it from your merchant due to the nature of the issue. I know you would much rather play the game normally than get your money back, but I can't give any ETA on when we'll have this fixed.

There was an nvidia drivers update yesterday. Any chance this could fix at least some of this DXGI crash crisis? Have you got some feedback from Nvidia about nature of the issue and potential fix or workaround? I've now managed to go through matches again using lowest graphics level, which is not pretty to watch to put it mildly and quite frustrating considering my 3D is rated 5 stars by the game. Not that it makes much difference, but with the situation in my country (national lockdown due to coronavirus, plus the company I work for is temporarily closed) I spend a lot of time at home and have time to kill, so being finally able to play this game in a decent 3D would be nice.

I couldn't say for sure if the update would fix anything, have you tried it?

And I'm sorry but I wouldn't be able to disclose any of that information until it becomes official. 

I know this isn't a great response and doesn't really answer your questions, there's just not a lot more I can add at this point.