Sports Interactive Community

Hi, I started playing Bangladesh Premier league using a custom database, and I notice the newgens have unrealistic skin tones( including 3d match engine). Some examples:

#1  These newgens looks too light and unrealistic :

bd4.jpg.eb7fb73516ea2f44e89e1f0ce905727e.jpgbd2.jpg.dd041567e50e1f219b7b3d82a728e39c.jpg

#2.  These newgens have typical Bengali/South Asian facial features, the skin tone fits in the diversity, but on average, the skin tone should be slightly darker :

bd6.jpg.ca9a1fcd5f6a9f9b598f1101e3ded608.jpgbd5.jpg.3da1c0ad7427cec844db954318650474.jpgbd3.jpg.2edd4ad445e9eb735e0b15a75e6ac278.jpg

#3.  This newgen also have realistic South Asian facial feature and skin tone :

bd1.jpg.1e09f6de443302dd8dc91da2f7dcda74.jpg

I think most of the South Asian newgens should get a skin tone that is in-between #2 and #3 and #3 as well.

Bangladesh Football Team:

bdf.thumb.jpg.222501c43e48064db88d8be09befd958.jpg

Indian Football Team:

indd.thumb.jpg.6f279ce1b2afc5ea29edd213dc4151ed.jpg

Indian team look diverse. Two Indian players have East Asian features as they are from Northeastern states of India bordering China and Myanmar.

Pakistan Football Team:

Pak.thumb.jpg.d3a630f0a461b576ad2f9c8b9adcc003.jpg

I also noticed East Asians(China, Korea, Japan) newgens producing unrealistic facial features; for example, they should not get thick beards.

Please tweak these skin tones issues in upcoming patches as its ruining my playing experience.

4 ore fa, CFuller ha scritto:

I think you should report this here. I was disappointed with the quality of East Asian newgen faces on FM19 and hope this has improved on FM20.

It seems the link is dead, nontheless Thanks.

Asian skins have been a problem for a couple of years now, skins in general have been steadily getting worse over the last few years.

Not sure if SI proudces them or if they go with 3rd party, but i can totally sympathise with you.

Having a similar issue, newgens are completely unrealistic. The whole Korean U21 team looks caucasean, bunch of them wearing beards (never seen a Korean footballer have one), I have a black guy from Kosovo (yeah, so many black people live there), a Chinese guy who is (I guess) whitewashed and has played his entire carreer in Argentina (very realistic). Compared to this, the fact that most newgens look the same (short hair and beard this year) seems like the least of problems. Not sure if this is some sort of PC thing, where "we can't assume what people from somewhere in the world look like", or did FM just give up on the whole thing. It just doesn't seem that difficult to fix this, and honestly, if I was Asian, I'd consider this very racist.

Hmm, I’m not sure you understand what racism is if you think a generated players skin tone not being the correct shade is ‘very racist’...

This has been recognized by the developers, there is a newgen problem with Asian players. 

I move this thread to the bugs forum, maybe there are some news about it.

2 hours ago, Grifty said:

Hmm, I’m not sure you understand what racism is if you think a generated players skin tone not being the correct shade is ‘very racist’...

I'm sorry, but isn't white washing considered racist? If newgen Korean players all look caucasean, that seems like white washing to me. Of course, I don't think FM developers intentionally did it, but it looks clumsy and unrealistic.

10 hours ago, SomeGuy55 said:

I'm sorry, but isn't white washing considered racist? If newgen Korean players all look caucasean, that seems like white washing to me. Of course, I don't think FM developers intentionally did it, but it looks clumsy and unrealistic.

Racism is "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior". You've said there that you don't think they did it intentionally so its actually a bug/mistake/poor graphics generation. You need to be a bit more careful bandying about racism as you've essentially called SI a racist organisation in your post!