Sports Interactive Community

i have played about 5 games so far after the update and the game seems far too easy. the opp arnt having any possession or having any shots really. bayern were at home we were 20 odd shots to there 6 adn they had 30% poss for most of the game. 

spurs were at home they had same. 

just seems the ai is playing really defensive the whole time no matter who your playing against 

Hello,

We are looking into similar issues at the moment regarding team approaches and intend to get this more accurate.

Regarding the game being too easy, we would need a much larger sample size than 5 games and currently we're seeing a very appropriate level of difficulty.

Cheers,

Josh

34 minutes ago, fm2020.smith said:

ok what number shall i come back at ? wait for the end of the season ?

This I would like to know too. What files you need regarding game being too easy?

I think its balanced ok when I face the top teams in the division its hard and lower ranked easier like it should. It also depends very much on the opponents formation Im having a hard time creating chances vs 4-3-3 as a 4-2-3-1 player and easier against the mirror match or 4-4-2.

4 hours ago, fm2020.smith said:

ok what number shall i come back at ? wait for the end of the season ?

A full season, or at least half a season would be a good individual sample size. Any league table after 5 games is not always refelective of the overall strength of the teams involved.

Any matches where the AI are not tactically reacting how you'd expect, we would need PKM's for. Also these issues are very contextual to the team and league you're managing,

11 hours ago, fm2020.smith said:

The game seems far too easy.

Definitely also depends on what team you´re managing - If it´s Man City, Barcelona or PSG; Sure, the game will fell easy :)

Edited by Toonrock

5 hours ago, Toonrock said:

Definitely also depends on what team you´re managing - If it´s Man City, Barcelona or PSG; Sure, the game will fell easy :)

Agree I find the game way too difficult since the patch

That sounds much too low and like the AI was struggling to at all hold the ball for long. At least in parts that could as well be a very unrealistic pick in tactics. How many shots / Possession anybody averages cannot be a measurement of difficulty in itself.

After all, if the AI is playing ultra defensively, it typically also makes it harder to score against it... and/or at least should.

SI could Code the AI to pick really sharp counter attacking tactics 24/7, upon which a reasonably attacking human Player would dominate all the simple data FM offers as a Default every week. However, in particular if they overcommit, they'd still regularly lose the Matches.

In particular if the AI was coded in a way that it was able to "spot" where exactly the human Player was overcommiting. :brock: Perhaps a bit like Ranieri's Leicester. Back when they won the EPL, they did it by conceding just as many shots as they had created (13 for, 13 against, averages). (Man City were on 16 for, 8 against). They also had a pass completion of 70%, as well as just 44% of Possession average. All simple data that without context look as if they'd belong to a mid-table Team or Relegation contender at worst.

Edited by Svenc

CFR Cluj - Man City 2-3 (50:50 possesion) - I was CFR Cluj

You keep saying that the game is realistic and doesn't have game breaking bugs but in all honesty the ME AI is a catastrophe at this point.

This game for example - I expected to be completely dominated and put my hopes in counter attacks. I started with my base 4-2-4 formation on a cautious mentality expecting that with some luck I would get my strikers into space and maybe get a goal so I can hold onto a draw or something. They scored in min 4 - I immediately switched to my normal 4-2-4 balanced tactic and the game started to be more or less even.

Now please explain this:
- How on earth can I manage 50% possesion vs Guardiola's Man City all that while playing a 4-2-4 formation? 

- How did I manage to get so much out of the game while they got so little? (I mean 4 shots on target on both teams is ridicoulus)

- Why is it easier to play a more attacking tactic vs big teams than a more defensive/counter-attacking one? (I noticed this over several games and will provide PKMs)

cf mancity.PNG

CFR Cluj v Manchester City.pkm

1 hour ago, ontiu17 said:

- How on earth can I manage 50% possesion vs Guardiola's Man City all that while playing a 4-2-4 formation? 

CFR Cluj v Manchester City.pkm 79.87 kB · 0 downloads

Because even when going behind, you Keep playing a cautious game of Football, including keeping the pitch compact and small. It is much easier to Keep the ball if the pitch is being kept compact from the off (at the same time, it doesn't create much space in an attacking sense -- there's barely a ball played into the box in particular in the 1st half)

Because most of your Possession is in deeperish Areas, barely penetrating anything, and there isn't enough pressure on your ball carrier.

Because the AI even when in front keeps on playing a fairly attacking expansive game of Football, includingn keeping the pitch (and all wide Players) way wide out there -- and ist role / Duty selection could be questioned as well. There seems a semi-occuring disconnect off the Forward/s from the rest of the midfield, plus an Influx of Dribbling roles in partifcular out wide; the deepest midfield Player seems to sometimes push up too though, rather than acting as a Pivot 100% proper and staying deeper in Areas of less pressure at all times and acting as the guy linkingn it all together

Some of that may be ME inherent (lack of pressure on ball carrier), some of which may be also AI related though.

Edited by Svenc

3 hours ago, Svenc said:

Because even when going behind, you Keep playing a cautious game of Football, including keeping the pitch compact and small

I played on balanced mentality after I went behind because that was actually my normal "attacking" strategy. I actualy won both the cup and the league with it and it turned out to be quite potent in attack. The reason I play balanced is because I compensate to that with the heavily attack based formation, roles and TIs. Nonetheless, in reality, getting 50% possesion with a heavily underdog team against Pep is something that would never happen.

1 hour ago, ontiu17 said:

I played on balanced mentality after I went behind because that was actually my normal "attacking" strategy. I actualy won both the cup and the league with it and it turned out to be quite potent in attack. The reason I play balanced is because I compensate to that with the heavily attack based formation, roles and TIs. Nonetheless, in reality, getting 50% possesion with a heavily underdog team against Pep is something that would never happen.

Part of the "Problem" is that youre not competing against Pep. You're competing against an FM AI that just happens to go by the same Name. :D (And I generally agree, at least the few elite Managers in-game should be more distinct). Did you adjust the width? If you would compare it to how City spread out every time they have the ball, your Team Looks pretty narrow. 

I also think the tactical selection process is too complicated for the AI. The role selection in itself could be questioned -- that is, if your own expectation was that they'd be Keep the ball from you throughout the game. Too many Dribblers to begin with, etc. The PPMs (Player prefered moves) each Player has doesn't make it any easier. I've voiced this a couple times before, but I think the game were actually better off if in the future if this was massively streamlined.

Edited by Svenc

22 minutes ago, Svenc said:

I think the game were actually better off if in the future if this was massively streamlined.

I am actually playing FM Touch just for that reason alone.

24 minutes ago, Svenc said:

The PPMs (Player prefered moves) each Player has doesn't make it any easier.

Funny thing is that I just noticed I can't even see PPM's in the interface :rolleyes: Must be some bug or something.

How is it too easy? I feel like i can't have a good match no matter what tactic i have. Ervery game is either 1-0, 1-1 or 0-1. Never a comfortable win. I feel like i need to have 20 tactics, one for each team in my league and it have to be perfect. My attackers never score, i always miss the huge amount of penalites i get, but the other team always scores on theirs. It seems like when they tested the match engine it works fine when aren't a manager. But the bugs is insane when you control a team and tell them what to do and not to do.

LasseT95
I have the same. For me the whole game is broken. Been playing since Championship Manager 2. I also have 30+ shot per game, strikers can't score goals no matter what team I'm playing. If it's Lewandowski or some lower league striker, it's the same.
No matter what tactic I play.
My team misses 95% of penalties. I get 1 shot against and they score. The first Beta was the best for me and then it got worse with every update.
All my wingers shoot and never cross. And when there open they just stand there and wait for the opponent to come.