Sports Interactive Community

These are just a few examples but players legitimately do not have awareness of where the goal is and where they're kicking the ball.

This really needs fixing.  Just a few examples here.

21:00 - Rashford just kicks it right into side netting instead of trying to cross it earlier or pull the ball back and make a pass. 

38:28 - Martial just doesn't know where the net is.  He sees empty space and tries to shoot.  I wonder if he thinks the goal is sideways and he had a perfect shot.  ;)

PKM is attached.

Salford v Man Utd.pkm

Yep, AM R/L and FB/WB R/L drive to end line and shoot at post or net no matter what instructions or role, doing my head in, among other things

3 hours ago, Josh Brimacombe-Wiard said:

Hello,

This issue is under review in the studio.

Thanks,

Josh

I have the same issue, and it happens more than ten times per game.  However, for me the issue isn´t that the player is shooting rather than passing, the thing is that the players aren´t moving naturally...  When a wide player (IW or IF) is "cutting inside" they usually run parallel to the goal line to get a better angle (think of Messi or Robben).  Here they are usually running directly to the first post.

And their shooting isn´t natural either.  Since they are running directly to the first post, it´s like they are shooting with the tip of their foot, and most of the times with their weak foot...

17 hours ago, CRR said:

I have the same issue, and it happens more than ten times per game.  However, for me the issue isn´t that the player is shooting rather than passing, the thing is that the players aren´t moving naturally...  When a wide player (IW or IF) is "cutting inside" they usually run parallel to the goal line to get a better angle (think of Messi or Robben).  Here they are usually running directly to the first post.

And their shooting isn´t natural either.  Since they are running directly to the first post, it´s like they are shooting with the tip of their foot, and most of the times with their weak foot...

Finishing needs a serious overhaul. It seems very unnatural when players moving away from the goal score 30 yard volleys. 

Hasn't happened once. But in almost every march

5 hours ago, Rivelino31 said:

Finishing needs a serious overhaul. It seems very unnatural when players moving away from the goal score 30 yard volleys. 

Hasn't happened once. But in almost every march

If you are getting this every match could you please upload some PKM examples for us to review

Just now, CJ Ramson said:

If you are getting this every match could you please upload some PKM examples for us to review

I havent kept those PKM's, but if i encounter them again, I surely will.

Just now, Rivelino31 said:

I havent kept those PKM's, but if i encounter them again, I surely will.

If the match was recent you can still enter the highlights and save match. Or if you had an earlier save you can load back to them,

If not, please keep an eye out and upload when you do come across these type of goals

1 minute ago, CJ Ramson said:

If the match was recent you can still enter the highlights and save match. Or if you had an earlier save you can load back to them,

If not, please keep an eye out and upload when you do come across these type of goals

I will. they are far too often, I have given up on playing for now due to the mess the match engine is in right now, I am sure that I will encounter these incidents again, I will upload those files and update on this thread

15 hours ago, CJ Ramson said:

here is a new topic I created which has all these issues with a video link and a PKM

Hard to remember exactly. 60 min around about for Maldini and Chiesa was in the 70's i think. 

They were 2 of the key highlights, there wasnt many. Shouldnt be that hard to find if you open the pkm?

Edited by SeaCarrot

2 hours ago, SeaCarrot said:

Hard to remember exactly. 60 min around about for Maldini and Chiesa was in the 70's i think. 

They were 2 of the key highlights, there wasnt many. Shouldnt be that hard to find if you open the pkm?

The whole point is that you point out the times that the issue occurs so that the devs can look at the issues rather than having to watch the whole game. Going by the amount of abuse people have flung at them this year, they've got a lot on their plates, so every little helps :) 

18 minutes ago, pamf said:

Do SI need more pkm’s for this or do you have enough?

i think this will be fixed. enough dessent in the community regarding this, what is totally poor is that the match engine sees very little enhancements every year and its almost remained the same or even poorer than what it was since FM 11.

Lack of additions in terms of variations to player movements, passing and finishing. Its really poor that a game that is great in all other aspects is let down in the place which counts the most

5 hours ago, Rivelino31 said:

i think this will be fixed. enough dessent in the community regarding this, what is totally poor is that the match engine sees very little enhancements every year and its almost remained the same or even poorer than what it was since FM 11.

Lack of additions in terms of variations to player movements, passing and finishing. Its really poor that a game that is great in all other aspects is let down in the place which counts the most

I can assure you there have been numerous additions to the movement of players and passing angles over the last 8 editions. Constructive feedback is welcomed but consistently saying the game has not improved since FM11 across a number of posts is not helpful.

11 hours ago, CJ Ramson said:

I can assure you there have been numerous additions to the movement of players and passing angles over the last 8 editions. Constructive feedback is welcomed but consistently saying the game has not improved since FM11 across a number of posts is not helpful.

There have been changes. I can assure you that as well,  but not enough, which is reasonable to say, if you have taken the time out to analyse the past 10 versions of the match engine, you would see how minimal the changes are. 
I dont see how more constructive it can be. 

Would like the game to take a step forwards and not backwards.  Being critical of whats wrong in the product is natural and should be helpful, unless it's a senseless jibe.

Just so i make more sense, I dont mind being told how more constructive my posts could have been. I would gladly improve if it already wasnt up to the mark.

Edited by Rivelino31