[FM20][SKIN] Base Skin with Backgrounds Support

TCSSkin

FM20 Base Skin with Background Support

Following on from the discussion in this thread

Figured it was popular enough for its own thread. The following skin adds support for custom backgrounds on Football Manager 2020. 

1319973104_base4.thumb.png.3a1e6052511ab856cc074d73ce4414a5.png  bae4b.thumb.png.30223e8e255f6b835a9da1cf0cbb30da.png

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jbawc7jgjw3xgtj/Base_Skin_with_Background_Support.7z/file 

If you release a skin using this mod, you must credit @bluestillidie00 for the base skin.

How it was made

This is more for the skin creators, but if you'd like to make the mod for yourself

You'll need client object browser.xml from the Resource Archiver, then head underneath the initial background widget.

We've used very similar code to last year, most notably

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

However we're going to need to use certain attributes with this code otherwise we get the following bugs

R3yfJVq.png

So the first thing we need to do is convert the initial widget into a multiline container, we do this by removing the / from the closing argument, then adding </widget> underneath the line, so your code should look like this.

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper">
</widget>

Next thing we need to do is scroll up to the background code, and we're gonna need the following code

<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
    <list id="get_properties">
        <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
        <!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
        <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
    </list>
    <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
</attachment>

Paste that inside the widget we just made, and you should have the following.

EDIT 23/04/2020: Ensure this code is placed below the background code in the client object browser. This ensures the overlay will be above the background.

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper">
    <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
        <list id="get_properties">
            <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
            <!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
            <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
        </list>
        <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
    </attachment>
</widget>

Save your file, go into the preferences and clear the cache, reload your skin and you'll be done!

1 minute ago, luvgisele said:

will someone be so kind as to edit the client browser file from the base skin as per the suggestion above? i'm sure i did something wrong -  i tried this and my game crashed and is not opening now..

2 hours ago, Watson156 said:

This is brilliant thanks a lot.

Out of interest, how easy is it to add instant result to this? I think that Instant Result also has something to do with client object browser?

Just copy and paste the code as directed into the client object browser.xml of the skin you’ve been using that already has the instant result feature.

3 hours ago, Watson156 said:

This is brilliant thanks a lot.

Out of interest, how easy is it to add instant result to this? I think that Instant Result also has something to do with client object browser?

i'll write something up when i'm home, should be easy enough

52 minutes ago, sidslayer said:

Just copy and paste the code as directed into the client object browser.xml of the skin you’ve been using that already has the instant result feature.

That was my initial idea, but when I was looking at the code, I couldn't even find the code that was written at the top of this thread. 

8 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

i'll write something up when i'm home, should be easy enough

Thanks a lot!

This is great like the default dark base skin, my favorite skinner. As a complete amateur in coding how would I attempt to change the background opacity so that it is somewhere between this skin and the default base skin? One is just a tad bit too dark for me and the other a tad bit too clear lol

On 22/11/2019 at 03:59, wikifirelord said:

I did as I was told I belive however this is sliightly to bright for me,I wanted to ask is there any way to change opacity ?

image.thumb.png.f936d34a658e7413e10d0dc3729b45a8.png

I keep getting that, there are some skins that you change opacity with dark actually dark, Heffem,  FusionDB Skin 2020 v0.3

I always feel like such a moron with stuff but can't get this to work.  I've installed the skin, reloaded with cache unticked but I'm still only getting the default background in the pack rather than the skin changing to different backgrounds with the teams.  The backgrounds megapack I downloaded is in the Graphics folder - am I missing something?  Sorry if it's obvious!

On 04/12/2019 at 18:09, juanchisanz said:

I absolutely love this patch!!!!! It remind me of FM old versions.Thanks a lot!!!!!

Just one question. Is there a way to make the inbox news more transparent??? 

Inbox screen is the only screen that prevents you to see the background

Thanks!

background FM20.png

10 hours ago, Wizard of Oz said:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to add an instant result button to this skin ?  I have the Wannachup fm20 skin.  Is it possible to take some files from that and use with this skin ?

Yeah, take all the files from instant result panels folder, and and the instant result code from the client_object_browser into the same line part of this one.

On 04/12/2019 at 19:09, juanchisanz said:

I absolutely love this patch!!!!! It remind me of FM old versions.Thanks a lot!!!!!

Thanks!

background FM20.png

Did you manage to get that box transparent my friend?

On 22/11/2019 at 10:28, sidslayer said:

Backgrounds/overlay

or Boxes/custom/backgrounds

depending on your skin.

Edit the paper/overlay file to be the transparency you desire

Where can i find the paper/overlay file? And what do i do in there? I edited this for fm19, but i cant seem to find out of it now..... I have downloaded the base skins and want to have backgrounds less transparent, so i can see the white text in the skin.... 

My documents/sports interative/Skins/YOURSKIN/graphics/backgrounds

open the overlay file (the square colour) in photoshop/paint etc and adjust the transparency/opacity

Alternatively you’ll have a paper.png in graphics/boxes. Same applies.

If you’re struggling to change the opacity level with photoshop etc then Michael has included various levels of transparency in his background support mod. Just follow his instructions with using the numbered files he has made for us in the boxes folder from this download:

Edited by sidslayer

On 04/12/2019 at 17:09, juanchisanz said:

Thanks!

background FM20.png

On 06/12/2019 at 05:58, Sanel said:

has anyone achieved this? cant figure out from that post how this can be achieved

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04.12.2019 at 20:09, juanchisanz said:

Thanks!

background FM20.png

Did you do it bro, I'm having trouble there too

would be great if the forum administrator updates this way

Edited by TupacShakur

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I'm being exceptionally dumb, but I really can't get this to work.

I've got the skin in my skins folder, and it's being picked up in the game. I've got a stadium pack in my graphics folder which, in various other skins will be picked up and shown in a little box on a club's overview screen for example, depending on the skin. I've made sure to turn off caching and reloaded the skin, but I'm still getting clubs using just the default flag background rather than picking up the new stadium backgrounds.

What am I doing wrong?

3 hours ago, Chris M said:

Perhaps I'm being exceptionally dumb, but I really can't get this to work.

I've got the skin in my skins folder, and it's being picked up in the game. I've got a stadium pack in my graphics folder which, in various other skins will be picked up and shown in a little box on a club's overview screen for example, depending on the skin. I've made sure to turn off caching and reloaded the skin, but I'm still getting clubs using just the default flag background rather than picking up the new stadium backgrounds.

What am I doing wrong?

Ignore me, I've worked it out.

On 20/11/2019 at 15:18, Serkan FY said:

Thanks for this amazing work. I have managed it to apply into a custom skin. Works great. :thup:

How did you managed to use it for a custom skin? I use Rensie skin and I have a hard time trying to figure it out.

3 hours ago, alisDZN said:

How did you managed to use it for a custom skin? I use Rensie skin and I have a hard time trying to figure it out.

It's been some time doing that modification. Now, I'm using a different skin and really don't remember. But I can say I just followed exactly the instructions in the second post.

Also, if you are using a current/updated skin (Rensie in your case), it should be problem-free because this background issue has been solved months ago. Most skins have no problem.

You can also check out the related files of some up-to-date skins as a reference.

I love this skin. The only thing that I'd like is to have a static sidebar colour rather than my team's colour on news/squad views etc. Is there anywhere within this skin that I can tweak this?

What I'd like is this sidebar colour.

this.jpg

Rather than this team colour showing on my squad and news screen etc

not-this.jpg

Is this an straight forward tweak? Any help appreciated

On 12/04/2020 at 04:58, adamhopkins11 said:

I love this skin. The only thing that I'd like is to have a static sidebar colour rather than my team's colour on news/squad views etc. Is there anywhere within this skin that I can tweak this?

What I'd like is this sidebar colour.

this.jpg

Rather than this team colour showing on my squad and news screen etc

not-this.jpg

Is this an straight forward tweak? Any help appreciated

Thread for this in the section already.  search static sidebar

On 09/04/2020 at 20:35, Serkan FY said:

It's been some time doing that modification. Now, I'm using a different skin and really don't remember. But I can say I just followed exactly the instructions in the second post.

Also, if you are using a current/updated skin (Rensie in your case), it should be problem-free because this background issue has been solved months ago. Most skins have no problem.

You can also check out the related files of some up-to-date skins as a reference.

Echoing @alisDZN's initial query, I still can't get it to work. I wonder if you, or any other kind member of the community, can assist me.

I'm attaching two files - the first one is the xml file in the Rensie skin, while the second one is the one I've edited (to no avail) following the steps in the second post and also copying the text from the file uploaded to mediafire.

The backgrounds are fine and work with the base skin, but I just can't get it to work with the Rensie skin :(

original client object browser.xml modified client object browser.xml

1 hour ago, Mons said:

Echoing @alisDZN's initial query, I still can't get it to work. I wonder if you, or any other kind member of the community, can assist me.

I'm attaching two files - the first one is the xml file in the Rensie skin, while the second one is the one I've edited (to no avail) following the steps in the second post and also copying the text from the file uploaded to mediafire.

The backgrounds are fine and work with the base skin, but I just can't get it to work with the Rensie skin :(

original client object browser.xml 17.84 kB · 0 downloads modified client object browser.xml 18.36 kB · 0 downloads

have you moved the paper.xml file to "graphics/boxes/custom/background"

20 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

have you moved the paper.xml file to "graphics/boxes/custom/background"

Thank you for the speedy response. No I did not, didn't see anything referring to that :(

There was no folder in the Renskie skin folder so I've moved the whole folder over from the base skin link above (including the paper.png, paper.xml and paper@2x.png files), but still no luck there. Tried without the png's and with just the xml and that didn't work either.

Capture.PNG

18 minutes ago, Mons said:

Thank you for the speedy response. No I did not, didn't see anything referring to that :(

There was no folder in the Renskie skin folder so I've moved the whole folder over from the base skin link above (including the paper.png, paper.xml and paper@2x.png files), but still no luck there. Tried without the png's and with just the xml and that didn't work either.

Capture.PNG

zip the whole skin and upload it to mediafire

12 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Your overlay code needs to be below the background. I'll post an example of what i mean. It applies to all skinning ideas though.

Untitled-1.thumb.png.72e06f9494a5d8204e837ae89ae32d48.png

Thanks again for persisting with helping me  :thup:

I'm assuming that in the above screenshot, the xml on the left is what I uploaded and the one on the right is how it looks like after you've edited it to work.

I had tried that originally, but it didn't work. Tried it again:

image.thumb.png.f3ee4d1e4899a1eee86f5ae94a04aab0.png

Still doesn't work :(

Could I be so direct as to ask you to forward me the amended file(s) if at all possible?

definitely got a 

3 hours ago, Mons said:

Thanks again for persisting with helping me  :thup:

I'm assuming that in the above screenshot, the xml on the left is what I uploaded and the one on the right is how it looks like after you've edited it to work.

I had tried that originally, but it didn't work. Tried it again:

image.thumb.png.f3ee4d1e4899a1eee86f5ae94a04aab0.png

Still doesn't work :(

Could I be so direct as to ask you to forward me the amended file(s) if at all possible?

definitely got a file called default in "your skin/graphics/background"?

2 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

definitely got a 

definitely got a file called default in "your skin/graphics/background"?

Nope, folder structure is exactly as in the file I sent you:

image.thumb.png.38c6c0e679ee621076ba536454714390.png

No file named default in the whole of the folder structure as far as I can see, either.

1 hour ago, Mons said:

Nope, folder structure is exactly as in the file I sent you:

image.thumb.png.38c6c0e679ee621076ba536454714390.png

No file named default in the whole of the folder structure as far as I can see, either.

that's the issue. the default background is showing. You just need to actually add a backgrounds folder in the graphics folder, and add an image called default.jpg/png/whatever. 

theres no background in the file structure because the game is reading from the base one

15 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

that's the issue. the default background is showing. You just need to actually add a backgrounds folder in the graphics folder, and add an image called default.jpg/png/whatever. 

theres no background in the file structure because the game is reading from the base one

I see. I'll find a skin which has one and use it to be sure it works. Looking forward to getting home now :)

19 minutes ago, Mons said:

I see. I'll find a skin which has one and use it to be sure it works. Looking forward to getting home now :)

Just copy this files from the fm20skin-base-skin-with-backgrounds that is on the 1 post to your rensie skin and your good to go!

panels/client_object

graphics/background

graphics/boxes/custom/background

6 hours ago, Mons said:

Honestly any picture will work 

5 hours ago, ElTugaDiablo said:

Just copy this files from the fm20skin-base-skin-with-backgrounds that is on the 1 post to your rensie skin and your good to go!

panels/client_object

graphics/background

graphics/boxes/custom/background

Telling people to copy the client object browser is dangerous as pretty much every skin edits that and it can completely change the layout. That’s why I suggest editing it manually. 

19 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

Honestly any picture will work 

Telling people to copy the client object browser is dangerous as pretty much every skin edits that and it can completely change the layout. That’s why I suggest editing it manually. 

I know that, but in this case there is no problem since it´s rensie skin!

I would n´t tell him to try this way if i did not have mine "tweaked" like those steps i mentioned!

Just trying to help