Sports Interactive Community
stevemc

Base Skin with Background Pack Support (no cast on 3D Match Engine)

Hi all,

Thought I'd open a thread on this because I've been looking through other threads but struggling for a answer.

So I'm not a skin maker, but had a go during Beta because I released a number of Background Packs and wanted the Base FM Skin with transparency (like in previous years) to support my background packs showing through, like this;

eqliCPj.jpg

However since the full game was released this skin now has a dark "cast" over the 3D match engine, like below (presumably that's the overlay?);

4Ap7rRd.jpg

So, I'd like to keep the skin exactly how it is, but I'd like the cast removing from the 3D match engine. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm not a coder, but I've tried assorts and not having any luck, but this isn't my skill at all, but I don't understand why it would change from Beta to Launch. :D

I think it's because it has a permanent overlay on it, but I don't know how to just disable it for the 3D match engine? 

I've uploaded the skin here, if someone would like to solve this problem and re-upload I'd be grateful (and so will the people who keep PM'ing me about not being able to use my packs!)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hzpnatqbb6dxtkw/FM_20_-_Base_Skin_Default.zip/file

Thanks in advance

Edited by stevemc

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->
        <widget class="plain_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlay"/>

remove that line. 

I've been trying to figure it out most of the day, after reading around a number of forums, I think this might be a bit of a problem? It worked on Beta though...

13 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

<widget class="plain_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlay"/>

remove that line. 

So by removing that, I can see the 3D match engine now, but it does this to the menu's... which isn't the desired result:

2aDIdH3.jpg

So that line must control the overlay on the menus and the 3D match engine, how can you separate the two? How can you record the overlay to just the menus and not the 3D match engine?

Edited by stevemc

6 minutes ago, stevemc said:

So by removing that, I can see the 3D match engine now, but it does this to the menu's... which isn't the desired result:

2aDIdH3.jpg

So that line must control the overlay on the menus and the 3D match engine, how can you separate the two? How can you record the overlay to just the menus and not the 3D match engine?

I had the same issue, I didn't delete the line as suggested by wkdsoul, i moved it further up in the client object browser file. The result was that the overlay works in regular screens and not in the match 3d screen, see below the top portion of my client object browser file:

<!-- this file lists the global panels that should be installed -->
<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
    <widget class="picture" file="backgrounds/1" id="bgnd">
        <boolean id="scale_picture" value="true" />
        <boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="false" />
                    <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
                <list id="get_properties">
                    <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
                    <!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
                    <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
                </list>
                <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
            </attachment>
    </widget>

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

I’m using the dark is darker skin, and also the base20dark skin. I’m also using the mod that shows background pictures on matchday. (Well, the code from that mod).

I’m not having these issues on either skin, I’m seeing background pics with an overlay throughout, and stadium pics behind the pitch (I use 2d) on matchday without the overlay (as you have it) so perhaps it is the code from the mod that goes in the client object browser. The rest of my tweaked skins are very untouched which is why I mention this.

Sorry if this takes you further down the rabbit hole but could lead to something.

Murray’s matchday background mod.

Edit* Just seen the post above. I’d go with that!

Edited by sidslayer

You'll also, need to completely clear out the cache/preferences,.  Not just CTRL+R

2 minutes ago, sidslayer said:

I’m using the dark is darker skin, and also the base20dark skin. I’m also using the mod that shows background pictures on matchday. (Well, the code from that mod).

I’m not having these issues on either skin, I’m seeing background pics with an overlay throughout, and stadium pics behind the pitch (I use 2d) on matchday without the overlay (as you have it) so perhaps it is the code from the mod that goes in the client object browser. The rest of my tweaked skins are very untouched which is why I mention this.

Sorry if this takes you further down the rabbit hole but could lead to something.

Murray’s matchday background mod.

Edit* Just seen the post above. I’d go with that!

Would you mind attaching your skin so I could take a look in the files? Thanks

Just now, stevemc said:

@a31632 would you mind attaching your client object browser.xml file?

I've copied what you've done but now it give's me this on the menus (but the 3D match engine now works);

Hrb9X44.jpg

I will PM you, it has auto-hide sidebar standard in it and logo's in the center of the screen so you might have to edit it afterwards ;-)

1 minute ago, stevemc said:

change that to backgrounds/default  from above, leave the rest. 

Just now, stevemc said:

Sorry mate. Not gonna have pc access until tomorrow :(

3 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

change that to backgrounds/default  from above, leave the rest. 

Yes, good one, I have different file names in sub-folders in my "graphics" folder, so that wouldn't work unless you adjust it like wdsoul mentioned.

24 minutes ago, a31632 said:

I had the same issue, I didn't delete the line as suggested by wkdsoul, i moved it further up in the client object browser file. The result was that the overlay works in regular screens and not in the match 3d screen, see below the top portion of my client object browser file:

<!-- this file lists the global panels that should be installed -->
<panel>

<container>

<!-- background picture - covers entire screen -->
        <boolean id="scale_picture" value="true" />
        <boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="false" />
                    <attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="false">
                <list id="get_properties">
                    <record get_property="MatS" test_mode="equal" value="true" skip_if_null="true" />
                    <!-- PROP_FULL_SCREEN_3D_BEING_DRAWN -->
                    <record get_property="Ma3D" test_mode="equal" value="true" comparison_mode="or" skip_if_null="true" />
                </list>
                <integer id="set_property" value="hidn" />
            </attachment>
    </widget>

<widget class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/>

Tried that, could get ti to work. Also added @wkdsoul code update too and it wouldn't work.

18 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

You'll also, need to completely clear out the cache/preferences,.  Not just CTRL+R

Yep, being doing that every time.

14 minutes ago, sidslayer said:

Sorry mate. Not gonna have pc access until tomorrow :(

Tomorrow is fine if you don't mind?

You still have a paper file and xml in here appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/> right? 

10 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

You still have a paper file and xml in here appearance="boxes/custom/background/paper"/> right? 

Yes I had that there, but there was still a cast on the 3D match engine.

Mate, my head is struggling with this, reckon I've tried every combo to get this to work, it's a nightmare. Basically just want the Base Skin with a transparency support for backgrounds, like with Beta.

Edited by stevemc

18 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Yes I had that there, but there was still a cast on the 3D match engine.

Mate, my head is struggling with this, reckon I've tried every combo to get this to work, it's a nightmare. Basically just want the Base Skin with a transparency support for backgrounds, like with Beta.

so is there still a shadow, after you've moved the line etc as per a31632

7 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

so is there still a shadow, after you've moved the line etc as per a31632

Yes, but I don't know now if there's just been too many alterations along the way, or getting lost in translation, it's getting too confusing for me all this, trying my best, wasted a full evening trying to get this result, and in my head it seems like a very simple thing, we've had background support in all other FM's.

Edited by stevemc